10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

100_0107.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JBBOPT.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 10 years ago

bump also interested in knowing this before i order some samples and backbox leds.

#6 10 years ago

I'll prob be putting an order in later tonight for my backboard and maybe the 2 flux also and take some video with my slr comparing it vs ultimate optix

#10 10 years ago

Yes I am awaiting there arrival, I also bought some 4smds for translight and various ones for testing out in different spots before buying the rest, will post results of shield testing first

1 week later
#13 10 years ago

Got them a day or two ago video for the before shot using the test menu for dimming, now will shoot dimming in test mode with the different LEDs either tonight or tomorrow will post results this weekend

#15 10 years ago

here is the link to my sample video.

The hardware internals on the 2 head flex gives performance close to the incandescents. I shot it first using the utilities menu and I wanted to unlock multiball on another night but had trouble fitting the flex head in a second time, it seems a pretty tight fit in the 555 sockets under there. The beveled edge in these may fit in the socket better (http://www.cometpinball.com/product-p/1smd5050ng.htm) compared to the rounder shape the flex had near the socket end.

I tested incandescents vs 2 flex optix vs optix maxiums, maximus almost flickers more and was a little overpowering on the areas inserts.

my next try is the smd5050s linked above im thinking of ordering 9 of the frosted cyan or maybe clear? when they are back in stock at comet and see how they do. Anyone have any thoughts.

#24 10 years ago

may try ultimate optix again tonight with some electrical tape strategically placed... I'm thinking whatever i do decide on it will likely be either cyan or white in color. The blue ended up feeling a little too saturated for the shields. which the show had light blue shields

#33 10 years ago

I think tonight I'm going to try and have each shield insert have a different combination of one shield with two op max with electrical tape to prevent bleeding. one shield with two 2 head flex and one shield with 2 incandescents. look for an update in a night or two when i get time.

#34 10 years ago

has anyone tried neutral white (comet) colors underneath their shields (im trying to figure out what i want to order and try next. I may go Cyan

#38 10 years ago

in the video you can even see incandescents flickering to some extent at low dim levels

#42 10 years ago

cougtv I'll try and do some further testing on the samples i have to see if I can get a better video up with all 3 working at once and maybe slow down the video (its shot at 60fps on a DSLR set to shutter of 1/60)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mechanicsville, VA
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 599.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 15.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 85.00
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 15.00
7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elizabethtown, KY
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pleasanton, CA
$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 64.99
$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 9.95
$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JBBOPT.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sttng-comet-leds-for-the-shields?tu=JBBOPT and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.