• 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Pin_Guy
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20160814_171002646_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pin_guy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 7 years ago
Quoted from ibjames:

I was also wondering about the small diodes that are on all the switches, can those be bought at radio shack? If so, what are they so I can buy them?

All the diodes are 1N4004 (these rarely fail) you can buy them from mouser http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Fairchild-Semiconductor/1N4004/?qs=sGAEpiMZZMuQUXCJI7Y4lnwnhMohE%2fNv

Buy them in quantities of 100 and they will only be $0.053 each...sad thing is shipping will cost you a little more than that.

You can also get them from Marco http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/1N4004 for $0.19 each. This is good to know if you just want a couple and you are already buying other parts from Marco.

#9 7 years ago

ibjames ... if you find out that this is a MPU related problem, or just want your board tested...I'll repair/test your board for free (only if it has no acid damage) since I have nothing on my bench right now. Just PM me if you want to go this route.

1 week later
#11 7 years ago
Quoted from Djshakes:

Can I take the cpu board out of my shadow or tz to put in this machine to see if the board is causing these issues?

TZ should have the same MPU as STTNG (A-12742-XXXXX) so yes, you should be able to put the STTNG ROM in it and swap it into the machine. Please keep in mind if there is problem in the playfield that took out the MPU, you could end up with two bad boards.

If you want to test the STTNG MPU, it may be better to put in into a known working machine like your TZ.

The Shadow uses a WPC-S board, so it's not going to be the same part.

Quoted from Djshakes:

If your willing pin_guy we could ship it out with a return label? More than happy to compensate for your time.

Return label will be fine, I'll PM you my information. The parts are very inexpensive and I have them all on hand, I really don't think it will be that hard to fix as long as there is no acid damage.

#14 7 years ago

The alkaline damage to the board, while in the early stages, appears to be fairly extensive and I've recommended replacing the board.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 85.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 64.99
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Sanford, NC
$ 9.95
$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 15.00
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 15.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mechanicsville, VA
8,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Winston-salem, NC
$ 599.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pin_guy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sttng-column-2-of-switches-is-out?tu=pin_guy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.