Topic Stats

• 129 posts
  • 68 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by route2pass
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 17 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

6.JPG
45.JPG
2.JPG
4.JPG
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
STTNG_Purchased.JPG
ColorDMD.JPG
image.jpg
image.jpg
sttng.jpg

There are 129 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 5 years ago

Wow!! I like it!! Got my Color DMD installed in STTNG. It's like when I just got the game. Can't seem to play the game well as I keep trying to watch the DMD with all the new colors. WooHoo!!!

#102 5 years ago

Addition of the Color DMD is even better than when I installed LEDs in the machine. I am enjoying this pin even more again.

#103 5 years ago

As requested. Enjoy!

#104 5 years ago

video is marked private will not let me view

#105 5 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

video is marked private will not let me view

Same here

#106 5 years ago

Sorry about that. It should work now.

#107 5 years ago

Great is it me or is nearly everything mostly blue

#108 5 years ago

I am looking forward to it and hope mine comes next week....and yeah the video is not working.

#109 5 years ago

Hey thanks, the video is working. Is it just the video or is the bottom of the screen cut off somewhat?

#110 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballgeek:

Great is it me or is nearly everything mostly blue

No, it's just my crappy video recording skills. lol It does look amazing in person and like PinballManiac40 said, you just want to watch the DMD to see everything in color.

#111 5 years ago
Quoted from slapshot:

Hey thanks, the video is working. Is it just the video or is the bottom of the screen cut off somewhat?

I mounted the camera on the center of the playfield glass to focus only on the Color DMD. I borrowed the camera from my brother so I'll play around with it today and see if I can record some better footage.

#112 5 years ago
Quoted from lukex:

On their site it says LX-7.

Will the LA-7 ROM work instead of the LX-7 ROM? (American vs Export)

#113 5 years ago
Quoted from Craig:

You and me both! Anyone???

Hey now, DMD purchased on Feb 7th, Minty STTNG purchased on Feb 10th. I guess that's like putting the cart before the horse, but I don't give a shit, its my Bday on Feb 27th and I will buy a STTNG if I want too

Yeap, that Color DMD was the deciding factor on pulling the trigger, so sweet... STTNG_Purchased.JPG

#114 5 years ago
Quoted from slapshot:

is the bottom of the screen cut off somewhat?

There is a button on the back of the display that will center the image. There are only two option settings, based on WPC or WPC95.

I would toggle that button to see if the image will lift a bit more from the bottom of the display. It does look like the display has more space above, and cuts it real close at the bottom.

#115 5 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

There is a button on the back of the display that will center the image. There are only two option settings, based on WPC or WPC95.
I would toggle that button to see if the image will lift a bit more from the bottom of the display. It does look like the display has more space above, and cuts it real close at the bottom.

It just looks cut off because of the angle my camera was setup at. Other than that, it centers perfect just like the original DMD.

#116 5 years ago
Quoted from paulohotline:

Hey now, DMD purchased on Feb 7th, Minty STTNG purchased on Feb 10th.

My turn, my turn!

#117 5 years ago
Quoted from dacdjsteve:

As requested. Enjoy!
» YouTube video

Thanks!

#118 5 years ago

Thank you as well!

#119 5 years ago

What's next for color DMD, my vote....like it matters is. LOTR, TSPP, and iron man!!! But not all of them, I could maybe afford 2 out of 3..... Suprise I own those games.... Might be a motive for my voting...

#120 5 years ago
Quoted from oropuro:

What's next for color DMD, my vote....like it matters is. LOTR, TSPP, and Iron Man!!! But not all of them, I could maybe afford 2 out of 3..... Suprise I own those games.... Might be a motive for my voting...

LotR and TSPP... sure (except they are on a platform not currently supported by color DMD).

Any game with digital clips converted to DMD will very likely look like ass when colorized (SM, IM, Tron, etc). I am welcome to be proven wrong, but just imagine it. If it looks good in your mind, take off your rose colored glasses and imagine it again.

#121 5 years ago

I emailed them and requested Creech. They said they like the game and its on the short list. Whether that actually means it will happen I don't know.

#122 5 years ago

Got mine in the mail today. Easy install and lots of positives!!!!!

1) choose any color with a push of a button
2) no more constant humming of the high power board running the DMD
3) no more flickering or strobing or ghosting of LEDs because this does not run off of the high power board

Awesome upgrade! Very pleased with the results.

Video:

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg // Error: Image 74170 not found // image.jpg

#123 5 years ago

A ColorDMD... For Popeye???

Thanks for the vid

#124 5 years ago

Haha, yes Rascal, a Color DMD for my Popeye. Fixes a lot of problems. I wanted a blue or white DMD, my high power board has been making a humming sound and I can't stand it even though it was not too loud, high power board was also making LEDs flicker a little at times, all these problems solved with this one upgrade. Best money spent yet. Anyone with LEDs should see the difference it makes when the HP board no longer has to run the old DMD. Amazing difference.

#125 5 years ago

Just got mine. I like!

image.jpg

1 week later
#127 5 years ago

Finally got mine installed. Looks great! The only problem is that the DMDs on the surrounding machines now look awfully plain...

3 weeks later
#128 5 years ago

Yer, I have the same problem, after installing on my STTNG my Gilligan’s Island and 1975 Lucky Fruit EM look pants.....

Had read a lot of threads regarding the 12volt Unregulated Supply being put under strain following installation of the ColorDMD. I would agree with the Guys at ColorDMD s comments in that faulty Bridge and Filter Cap issues that pre-existed on your Driver boards should be investigated and repaired prior to installation. My machine has Pin centre 12v inverted back lit instruction cards, no issues with weak top right flipper or general opto issues as yet. I checked the 12vu test point prior to and following installation and am running at 12.7 following installation. Have a set of 600v bridges and 15000 filter caps waiting should they be needed.

4.JPG 2.JPG

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Bright Lights Pinball
$ 15.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Scottsdale, AZ
Machine - For Sale
Gardner, MA
$ 129.00
Lighting - Led
LED OCD
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 38.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 96.77
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball-Mods.com
$ 999.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
$ 63.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
$ 99.99
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
$ 15.00
$ 24.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 64.99
There are 129 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside