Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Pahuffman
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

Hello, can someone explain me what is the ramp/target combo needed to lit on the upper ( borg ship ) green ball lock on my STTNG, I know it is happening sometimes, but I cannot reproduce it. I have the LX-7 rom ( I think it is the latest ). Cheers, etienne

#2 4 years ago

http://pinball.org/rules/startrekthenextgeneration.html

Scroll down to the multiball section for the full description.

In short, shoot the right orbit.

#3 4 years ago

Thanks forceflow but there must be more to it, just tried manually ( launched 10s of ball in the right orbit ) and yes the orbit lock lit and works but never the upper Bork ship lock option on the delta quadrant. Very strange, could there be a sensor somewhere having an issue?

#4 4 years ago

Oh, the thread “STTNG: When does the Borg ship lock light come on ( solved)?” Hints for the switch 57 and surprise surprise the test just announced an error on switch 57, I guess its back to the workshop.
Étienne

#5 4 years ago

The borg lock lights when the multiball percentage is below the percentage in the adjustments, to try and increase the # of awarded multiballs, whenever you get a lock lit normally (from the upper drop)

I think it makes it harder personally since you have to hit the delta ramp for other modes and with the lock lit, it might not make it all the way into the ship and you won't get mode credit if it comes all the way back down.

#6 4 years ago
Quoted from slochar:

The borg lock lights when the multiball percentage is below the percentage in the adjustments, to try and increase the # of awarded multiballs.

Oh, never seen that before, very interesting.

Etienne

#7 4 years ago

On default settings, I believe it only turns on the "skill lock" upper lock shot when you have achieved multiball in less than 50% of your recent games. Try starting several games and play without starting a multiball and then try again. It should also be somewhere in the settings.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 85.00
Machine - For Sale
Winston-salem, NC
$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 599.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 15.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elizabethtown, KY
$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9.95
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 63.95
$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pleasanton, CA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sttng-cannot-lit-on-the-borg-ship-ball-lock-?hl=etien and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.