• 9 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Patofnaud
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

Hi guys,

I was having some cannon issues with my left cannon so I ordered the L&R replacement harnesses from Marco, replaced the left one and voila! working great.

I thought since i had the machine open and all the tools out I'd replace the right harness. I got the old harness removed and the new one soldered in and CRAP, the connectors on the harness supplied from Marco didn't match what I had in my machine on the right cannon. The new harnesses are are both 2, 3, and 4 pin connectors and my old right one is a 2, 3, and 6 pin connector (but just 4 pins used on the 6 pin). And also the 3 pin connector appears to be a mismatch as well.

Did I get shipped a wrong harness? or as I dealing with a wiring harness version issue?

#2 8 years ago

Hmmmm, crickets, looks like I'll be splicing tonight........

#3 8 years ago

All harnesses are made by the same guy in the UK I thought. I just replaced my 2 with sets I got from Bay Area. No issues at all.

What exact part did you order? Did you order the T2 Cannon harness instead? Or did they ship you the wrong harness?

GS-STTNGH-17067REV3 Top Gun Cable - Star Trek The Next Generation H-17067 Rev 3 (each)
2 $22.00 $44.00

H-17067 is the important info.

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/H-17067

And if you look close at the pic, its a 4 pin connector, not 6.

#4 8 years ago

Actually if your machine has a 6 pin connector, that is not the norm. Either B/W did a line change, or someone swapped the connector. You should be able to remove the pins from the 4 connector and move them to your 6 if you a very very very careful.

#5 8 years ago

I got the right part, double checked the photo on the Marco website and both harnesses in the picture seem to have the 4 pin connector. I guess I'm just special.

I'll try this trick and see if I can just move the pins over to the "correct" connectors before I start cutting and splicing.

#6 8 years ago

Said "F*&k it" and spliced wires. working now.

#7 8 years ago

LOL now to do some research as to why you have 6 pin connectors... Hmmmmmmm.

#8 8 years ago

That is a puzzler for sure. I can't imagine any correlation but now my autolauncher got weak suddenly and can't get the ball past the lanes into the hole for launch probe, lock ball, etc... Unplug the Color DMD and it works 100%. I'm thinking a power supply circuit rebuild is in my future.

#9 8 years ago

You are on the right track. It is a semi known issue with STTNG's and power. There just is not enough once you start adding mods.. Do a few searches, I forget what the 'fix' is.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 599.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elizabethtown, KY
Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pleasanton, CA
$ 15.00
$ 85.00
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 63.95
$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

8,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Winston-salem, NC
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sttng-cannon-harness-issue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.