1test.jpg
IMG_1059-329.JPG
IMG_1058.JPG
IMG_1059.JPG
STTNG1.jpg
STTNG2.jpg
STTNG3.jpg
#1 10 years ago

Just made a scan and photojob on sttng's cabinet decals.
It's gonna be printed in next gen decals and the colors are strong i think. It's mind blowing, right?
What do you guys think?
Will post pics when applied on the machine in the next days.

STTNG3.jpgSTTNG3.jpgSTTNG2.jpgSTTNG2.jpgSTTNG1.jpgSTTNG1.jpg

#2 10 years ago

More power to ya if you have the capability and materials to print them yourself. I'll need a new set at some point, and the price of the official repros is ouch.

#3 10 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

if you have the capability and materials to print them yourself

you mean old school printing? Silkscreened?
No way, that is way too much money to do a 2 or 3 time print.
These next gen are good because the colors will never fade and are way more "vibrant".

#4 10 years ago

No....not what I mean at all...most of us don't have access to a large format printer, much less one that can do UV-resistant inks.

#5 10 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

most of us don't have access to a large format printer, much less one that can do UV-resistant inks.

I do
If i pay, of course

This is not made at home, it's made by a printing company (don't know how you call it, graphic company?)

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

the price of the official repros is ouch

Seriously $285 is too much for official reproductions? Try getting Indiana jones decals.

Hassanchop I love what you have done for inside decals for pinball but be careful when it comes to licensed artwork.

#7 10 years ago

(This is Frax...I'm too lazy to boot my computer to make one post when my wife's is already running...)

I said it was "expensive" not "too much". 285 bucks for me on average....fixes two project games from broken to working 100%. Just saying.

I don't think Hassan was looking to sell any, just showing what he's doing for his own game...which is fine.

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinballfantexas:

Hassanchop I love what you have done for inside decals for pinball but be careful when it comes to licensed artwork.

These are NOT for sale.
If you like my inside decals you can see that everything i do is without harming other people's copyrighted work. That is why i have so much work doing them lol creating original stuff takes soooo much work

#9 10 years ago

Love a few details of what the process is. My friend just got a water damaged Star Wars DE and decals no longer available

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from dendoc:

Love a few details of what the process is. My friend just got a water damaged Star Wars DE and decals no longer available

Yep if you need cabinet decals for Data East, Sega or Stern you are basically screwed..
I am currently doing for Tommy for a friend and then i will do my Sopranos.
Too bad these decals never became available :S

#11 10 years ago

first test. perfect
1test.jpg1test.jpg

#12 10 years ago

Nice. I need the Head decals only ( My Picard heads are WAYYYY faded ) Have to come up with the $100 bucks though

#13 10 years ago

What kind of material are they printing them on?

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from sillyoldelf:

What kind of material are they printing them on?

Laminated vinyl

#15 10 years ago

This may be a dumb question, but how do you scan the cab? Is it done in sections ? I have a really nice Godzilla, but it has some wear at the flipper buttons, and I have always wondered a good way to get a scan of the cab and get someone to print some new decals for it in the future if I ever decide to redo the cab. The same for my Lost in Space since I know neither one of these titles will ever be reproduced.

1 month later
#16 10 years ago
Quoted from Hammerhead1550:

This may be a dumb question, but how do you scan the cab?

The cab is completely disassembled. Every screw is taken out.

Quoted from Hammerhead1550:

I have always wondered a good way to get a scan of the cab and get someone to print some new decals for it in the future if I ever decide to redo the cab.

The scan alone is useless. It needs major graphic work, so if you don't know how to do it you better stay away from it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 599.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 64.99
$ 9.95
7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elizabethtown, KY
Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 15.00
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Winston-salem, NC
$ 63.95
$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pleasanton, CA
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sttng-cabinet-decals-revisited and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.