(Topic ID: 73486)

STTNG Breakout Video *Spoiler*

By dougram69

10 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

Here is a video of my son getting the Breakout mode in STTNG. Note, this is a spoiler. Do not view if you want to achieve this on your own.

http://s1227.photobucket.com/user/dougram69/media/STTNG/STTNGBO.mp4.html?sort=3&o=0

Thanks
dougram69

#2 10 years ago

Doug I don't want to ruin it by watching but would like to know how to use the code. I saw in some thread it's B,1R,2L,1R,4L,1R,8L,2R. Are those the steps you use to navigate the shuttle flying through the tunnels or is it something you just start inputting as soon as you get to that mode?

#3 10 years ago

Through a lot of tral and error, you have to do the following in this order

1 start a game
2 enter the Easter egg code
3 begin paying the game normally
4 get the holideck mode (right ramp twice then right orbit)
5 when prompted for holideck choice 25k, hold gun trigger down and press right flipper button
6 instead of Rikers poker, breakout starts. You get 5 balls in breakout shown down right side of dmd

You did it. High five the person next to you.

Dougram69

#4 10 years ago

Sweet, thanks Doug. I was trying to enter the code when I hit the holodeck mode.

#5 10 years ago

No problem. It is way cool. Heard about it for years, and lots of folks pestered the guy who knew. He finally gave it up to Jim S. and was listed in pin game journal. Glad he finally gave in some years back. Just never got around to doing it. The Easter egg post pushed me to try it. This hobby is great.

Dougram69

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from Crispin:

Doug I don't want to ruin it by watching but would like to know how to use the code. I saw in some thread it's B,1R,2L,1R,4L,1R,8L,2R. Are those the steps you use to navigate the shuttle flying through the tunnels or is it something you just start inputting as soon as you get to that mode?

For those that don't regularly do easter eggs - what does the "B" in the code represent?

#7 10 years ago

The breakout game will also occasionally randomly appear in attract mode on STTNG. I've seen it happen 3 or 4 times on mine.

Here's the link to Dwight Sullivan's blog (software programmer for STTNG) explaining how to start the breakout game:

http://mypinballblog.blogspot.com/2008/01/hidden-brick-game-in-sttng.html

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from RoyF:

For those that don't regularly do easter eggs - what does the "B" in the code represent?

Both flippers.

#9 10 years ago

The big mistake I was making years ago with trying to find this mode was that you have to enter the code while ball one is in the shooter lane.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 64.99
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pleasanton, CA
Machine - For Sale
Sanford, NC
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 85.00
$ 599.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 15.00
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mechanicsville, VA
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sttng-breakout-video-spoiler and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.