• Latest reply 8 years ago by lyonsden
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

beta_ramp_mod_(resized).jpg
#1 11 years ago

I've had my Sttng for quite a while but after changing to 3 ball play recently the beta ramp became the bane of my existence. The wire form from the switch swats my pinball out of the ramp like Shaq blocking a 5 year old. DENIED and stdm! It's actually the solid fast shots that get blocked, weaker shots seem to clear the wire better. Any tips for fine tuning an Sttng?

#2 11 years ago
Quoted from Venom_249:

I've had my Sttng for quite a while but after changing to 3 ball play recently the beta ramp became the bane of my existence. The wire form from the switch swats my pinball out of the ramp like Shaq blocking a 5 year old. DENIED and stdm! It's actually the solid fast shots that get blocked, weaker shots seem to clear the wire better. Any tips for fine tuning an Sttng?

I doubt many have had this issue with sttng. But sometimes mechanical issues come about in pins. For starters, I suggest removing the switch entirely. Test and see if the ball is still rejected when the switch is not in the path. If that solves it then you can focus on the switch. If not then try to see exactly where it gets bound up.

3 years later
#3 8 years ago

Old thread, but I had the same problem. The problem was a ball hop after the ball entered the ramp on a straight shot. The ball would bounce and hit the leading edge of the plastic shield over the ramp to which the shuttle toy was attached. I fixed this by loosening the screws that held the ramp down. This eased the degree to which the metal ramp flap was bent and stopped the ball from hopping on a direct shot up the ramp.

1 week later
#4 8 years ago

I wonder if that is why the plastic cover the shuttle is mounted had 2 spacers between it and the ramp on my table. They looked horrible and were loose. So I went to Menards, found better vinyl spacers and put them together with sheet metal screws and nuts instead of the mismatched screws that were coming loose.

beta_ramp_mod_(resized).jpgbeta_ramp_mod_(resized).jpg

#5 8 years ago

Not a bad idea with the vinyl spacers (or any spacers to lift the leading edge of the plastic cover.)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elizabethtown, KY
$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 15.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 63.95
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

8,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Winston-salem, NC
$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 64.99
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Sanford, NC
$ 15.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sttng-beta-ramp-adjustment-help and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.