Has anyone here had issues with the "spawn of satan" ball trough in STTNG?
I keep finding that when two balls are in the trough - and one gets kicked up - the second ball simply likes to stay put. Shaking the machine surely helps, if you catch it quickly enough - it won't consider the movement across the network of opto sensors to be a drain...
If there's three balls in - seldom is there a problem - as the third generally pushes #2 into #1's position.
The trough that came with the machine had been divot-hammered by ball #2 - so it was surely due to be replaced.
Things I've tried:
1. Attempted to replace with an upgraded trough sourced from marco. While this solution would have worked swimmingly - I was unable to shut my coin door - as the plastic bracket on the right coin mech was now banging into the opto board. Returned that part.
2. Bought an identical to oem trough from PPS & installed. The problem was still there - but only just a little less.
3. Replaced all balls with some success (meaning it now happens about half as much as #2).
4. Messed around with the legs of the machine (assuming that my playing preference is too steep for the trough's design).
- The only thing I haven't done is bought the plastic shim to line the guy. Does anyone find that thing is the last piece to close the loop and get this bedraggled-whore-of-a-part reliable?
Is there anything else that I haven't thought of?