Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by gweempose
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

I am having an issue with my STTNG and it's driving me crazy.

The game plays fine but at the start of each ball the catapult will launch by itself. It doesn't launch it right away, it waits a couple of seconds then launches. I also noticed that the flippers sometimes wont allow me to cycle through the options on ball one.

Any thoughts?

Here is a video of the issue at hand.

Thanks

#2 5 years ago

Have you tried going into the switch test to see if anything unusual is happening? I wonder if the launch trigger switch is a bit flaky.

#3 5 years ago

There is a "Timed Plunger" setting in the service menu (A.2 03).

Also, if the game detects a problem with the plunger, it can automatically set A.2 16 (flipper plunger) so that the flipper will launch the ball, which means you won't be able to cycle through the selections. Maybe it's possible that A.2 03 could get set automatically as well.

I would check these settings.

#4 5 years ago
Quoted from floyd1977:

There is a "Timed Plunger" setting in the service menu (A.2 03).
Also, if the game detects a problem with the plunger, it can automatically set A.2 16 (flipper plunger) so that the flipper will launch the ball, which means you won't be able to cycle through the selections. Maybe it's possible that A.2 03 could get set automatically as well.
I would check these settings.

Thanks, I'll take a look.

Quoted from SteveP3:

Have you tried going into the switch test to see if anything unusual is happening? I wonder if the launch trigger switch is a bit flaky.

I have parts on the way for other machines which include new micro switches and diodes. I'll replace the trigger switch once the order arrives. Thanks for the tip.

#5 5 years ago

I did a factory reset and the problem is still present.

I'll replace the micro switch next. I am getting a weird spinner error as well which seems odd as the spinner is hit every game. CPU issue?

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from rockinganker:

The game plays fine but at the start of each ball the catapult will launch by itself. It doesn't launch it right away, it waits a couple of seconds then launches. I also noticed that the flippers sometimes wont allow me to cycle through the options on ball one.

This exact same thing used to happen on my game every once in a while. Turning off the power and turning it back on again always fixed the problem. I just assumed it was some sort of software glitch.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 999.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
$ 8.50
Lighting - Led
Pinball Haus

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside