Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by arakissun
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

This might totally be normal and I'm just paranoid, but I've noticed my (new to me) STTNG's trough launcher is pretty aggressive about chucking the ball up into the shooter lane. The ball makes a noticeable THUMP against the side of the cabinet. I see there is an extra wood block there and I don't see any major wear.

But is that something I should be concerned with? Or is there a way to adjust that so it's not quite so RAWR!?

I was looking for a Cliffy for the side side of the shooter lane where the ball seems to strike coming out of the trough and I didn't find one. So I assume this is normally a non-issue, but wanted to check just the same.

Thanks!

#2 10 years ago

I will go fire mine up and see what it does. Back in five

#3 10 years ago

Mine is so bad the ball bounces back into the trough ~40% of the time! Sometimes it will go back in the trough 4-5 times.

Wonder what would happen if I stuck a resistor inline with that thing.

#4 10 years ago

My volume is set loud 22. I turned it down . Ball fires and I really did not notice aloud thump. I think you should shoot a video if you have the option . Then we could see exactly what it is doing. In the mean time .place some Mylar on the right wall. I had to do that with my LOTR LE. LOTR made more of a Thump as you put it.

#5 10 years ago

Here's a quick video. Silly iPhone recorded it in the wrong rotation so it make look the wrong way when viewed (YouTube is taking forever to rotate the video) but should give you an idea either way:

When I recorded it, it didn't sound as bad as it normally does, so maybe I am just being paranoid But it's not something I ever really noticed with any other pins (including another STTNG I've played). Maybe I wasn't listening for it

#6 10 years ago

Just play

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 15.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 63.95
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 599.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 9.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pleasanton, CA
$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 15.00
$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Winston-salem, NC
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sttng-ball-hits-side-of-cabinet-when-delivered-to-shooter-lane and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.