(Topic ID: 46173)

STTNG: Auto launch always puts 2 balls into play after Final Frontier

By tsool

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tsool.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

Hi all,

the caption basically says it all. The machine works perfectly, but if I lose the ball after Final Frontier the auto launcher always puts two balls into play. It never happens before that.

Whenever I reach Final Frontier and the last ball is lost, the trough pushes ball number one no launch, then second ball gets into position behind the first ball and then the auto launch fires. At that point the first ball sometimes does not get the necessary force to go over the ramp into play. Auto launch is repeated until both balls are in play. The downside: as soon as I lose one of the balls, the game is over for the machine (which is correct), but yet again, two balls are launched. So for me, the game is basically over after Final Frontier. I have no idea how to debug this, because as soon as the game restart is normal until Final Frontier starts.

Does any long-time TNG owner have an idea?

Thanks!

#5 10 years ago

Thanks, all. Will try my best!

#6 10 years ago

I checked. It is TROUGH RL 5 that does not show up in the switch test if there are 5 balls in the trough. Basically, if I do a switch test all switches show up, most of them very quickly, but the last one is always yielding the number of balls in the trough.

E.g. 1 ball, switch test shows TROUGH RL 1, 2 balls TROUGH RL 2... 6 balls TROUGH RL 6, but it never shows TROUGH RL 5.

Now I need to understand how the switches work in order to decide if something is broken or not. Does it work like a sensor barrier that the beam is cut when the switch is "on"?

#10 10 years ago

Is there anywhere where I can read up how to use my multimeter? I have a basic knowledge of electrical engineering, but I do not know how to measure resistors and what is to be expected.

Furthermore, I read a couple of threads that say to use cellphone or digital camera. I have also no idea how to test and what to test with that I understand that I can move something between the beam to see that it works, but why would I use my cell phone?!

Do I need to order two new trough boards if I cannot fix it myself?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 63.95
$ 15.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 9.95
$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus
Decals
$ 37.50
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
Decorations
$ 26.50
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
Under cabinet
$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts
Led
$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
Machine - For Sale
Sanford, NC
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
Decals
$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 599.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods
Toppers
$ 125.00
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tsool.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sttng-auto-launch-always-puts-2-balls-into-play-after-final-frontier?tu=tsool and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.