Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by volfoni91
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 13 years ago

Yesterday, my STTNG started going insane. All of the modes started going off randomly. Warp1 , Warp2, Warp 3 ... all by itself. Jackpots over and over. I tried to see if it was some sort of stuck switch, but I couldn't find anything. The weird thing is that when I turned the game on later, everything was fine. Any ideas?

#2 13 years ago

I've seen this before (not sure what it is) maybe like it booted wrong or something - also met a guy whos sttng started screwing up and adding different music and speech calls, where there were none (even things not in the game) - That was very weird.

#4 13 years ago

Was it anywhere near a Twilight Zone?

2 years later
#5 10 years ago

Hello gweempose,

I think that my sttng has the same issue today as you 2 years ago ..:
it's going crazy suddenly and light on the extraball, gives me jackpot, and so on ...

did you solve this problem ?
thank you,
best regards,

Volfoni

#6 10 years ago

Bri,

Possibly an opto board(s) or controller. There are opto's all over that damn game and if the controller starts reading them incorrectly i could see it triggering modes and ball firings all over the place.

Just a thought, not an answer. Check all the opto's for loose connections maybe?

#7 10 years ago

Thanks a lot for your answer,
I've a newbie question , sorry : I've already changed one opto board a few years ago: I had 2 balls each time : one led was damaged, so I changed this board near the trigger which throws the ball,
but are there any other opto boards ?

I saw some topics here talking about a failing opto board, is it this little board I changed a day?
I'm going to test the leds soon with a digital cam

thank you,
cheers

#8 10 years ago

Have you added a lot of mods to your STTNG that use 12vdc? The 12vdc on that pin is already pretty loaded down with just the stock optos and stuff. With some age, the 12 volt bridges can weaken and not put out enough power.

If you start adding a lit topper, color DMD and other mods that run off it, you can make your optos go nuts because they aren't getting enough power to run properly.

#9 10 years ago

Hello,

sorry (I'm french):. I did not understand : "added a lot of mods" ? do you mean if I ever upgraded a day my 12vdc or if I added some lamp or anything else which could decrease my electrical power? : if so, no

I can test it with my multimeter if you think I should do ?

if so, no, I never changed anything except the opto board

thank you

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mechanicsville, VA
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 599.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 64.99
$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 85.00
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Sanford, NC
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 63.95
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 9.95
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sttng-acting-crazy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.