Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Jazman
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider londonlad5.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

Hi all,

Have had my sttng about 3 months now and have already had to replace trough opto board and give it a damn good cleanup, am doing it bit by bit as this is my first pin so am learning as I go (cleaned subway the other day was really worried whilst taking it apart but all went back on good )
The machine all working correctly and I have added color dmd so far which I love, question Is my alpha ramp is cracked and I want to replace so how hard is this to change by a novice ?, also the playfield has been cleaned and waxed by me using novus 2 and proper wax but I still cannot get rid of what looks like dull patchy bits any advice on how to make this shine like new? I don't have a buffer but is it really required to get this playfield gleaming again all over ?

Cheers all
Ps this game it rules although outlanes are annoying

#5 9 years ago

Hi all thanks for the replies ,

Yeah did notice a few of the plastics already were not stock and someone has used black plastic cutouts i have since replaced these bits as ideally I would love to restore this machine I'll try get some pics of playfield up on here as don't want to take paint off if coat has gone so would like some input on if u all think it just needs a good buff or if more serious , Mylar is fitted to the length of mission start section and has a few bubbles in it so ideally I want to remove this but am terrified of taking paint off and decals .

Looks like whoever has worked on this in past has not put back together properly as u said screws aren't right etc so gonna be fun to get this baby gleaming and proper again
I'm generally okay with taking things apart etc but not any good whatsoever or soldering and electrical parts so hopefully none of that will be required to do a cleanup Jobby

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#7 9 years ago

Excellent point there mate , I had this very issue when removing subway the other day bloody screws kept dropping into wiring I had a nightmare trying to find them as like u I was paranoid that I was gonna short something if I didn't locate them but took me ages putting the bugger back on because of naff screedriver set so will definately be purchasing one of them

#8 9 years ago

One thing I forgot (doh) is to clean the Opto s in the subway and since putting it back together I am every now and then getting an extra ball thrown into play could this be where I disturbed the dirt in there ?, don't think its the trough as I've just replace that last month and all switch tests are showing okay.

#10 9 years ago

Ahh damn so subway off again jobby then eh , this is a fun old game pinball haha ahh well I will learn I suppose

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Sanford, NC
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 125.00
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Interactive
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
Decals
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
Pinball Machine
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 9.95
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Boards
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 63.95
Boards
PinSound
Boards
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts
Led
Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
Decorations
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider londonlad5.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sttng-4?tu=londonlad5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.