(Topic ID: 141440)

Sttng 2ball mode

By mickthepin

8 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

So I have had this problem before but I can't remember how I fixed it. During any mode play, usually time rift or battle simulation the left scoop spits out 2 balls. So its like a two ball multi ball for half the modes. Something to do with the subway optos?
Thanks for your help

#2 8 years ago

Usually any time you get two balls in play when it's not supposed to be happening it will be an opto issue. It could be a trough opto or the subway one's. I once had a problem where my machine would spit out a ball from the left VUK and then spit it straight back out from the outlane to replace it back into the subway. This turned out to be a blown fuse that is linked to the subway diverter and because of the diverter not working it wouldn't place a ball on either side, just 2 to the left, hence the ejecting.

#3 8 years ago

The most common cause is the optos for the left VUK (the one that ejects to the in-lane, not the cannon). They can have cracked solder joints, just be dirty or even pushed up against the other board. Connectors / cabling can also be an issue.

#4 8 years ago

Thanks guys will check it out

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sttng-2ball-mode and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.