11 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by PinPeet
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinPeet.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 11 years ago

Hi,

I really need some technical assistance.
I moved my STTNG upstairs and needed to take the playfield out. I plugged everything back this week and had a DMD problem. I just heared some noise coming from the speakers. Lights on the playfield worked fine but the DMD did not. I checked all the connections and even switched the DMD with my TS. There the DMD worked. I put it back in the STTNG and then found out that I forgot to connect the J114 connector. Pff, it was hiding behind the board.

So I connected it and thought this might solve the problem.
I turned the machine on and nothing changed. Lights on the playfield worked but not the DMD. Turned the STTNG off and checked everything again. Turned the machine on again and ALL three flippers flipped and now the F112 fuse burnes everytime at startup.

So, I checked the BR3 and BR4 and they seam to be OK. They gave me all the same reading on my DMM: .350 one way and 1 in the other direction.
I read that it must be in between .500 and .700 (http://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=General#Testing_fuses)
Is this the problem? Should I replace them anyway?

Then I looked at the board and noticed that BR1 and BR2 (heatsink) were done before I bought the machine. They give me some strange readings. Also .350 one way but the other way the numbers are not 1.

I thought thse had nothing to do with F112 blow.

Any thought on what may be wrong? Steps to follow?
I go check and reconnect all connectors again and see of this solves the problem.

I did some work below the playfield before I reconnected everything (added a new Neutral Zone target, cleaned the optos and cleaned and rebuilt the Borg diverter) Because the F112 did it fine the first times I started the machine, I assume this might not be the problem.

Thanks!
Peter

#6 11 years ago

Thanks for the feedback. Will try that out tonight! Have to reinstall the board and connect everything again.

Does this ribbon cable causes the F112 to blow as well? Or might this be another problem?
thx

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 15.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Sanford, NC
$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 599.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mechanicsville, VA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 9.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 64.99
Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 63.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinPeet.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sttng-1?tu=PinPeet and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.