(Topic ID: 57038)

STRYKER'S ARCADE : WORST pinball buying experience ever!!!

By Pdxmonkey

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 186 posts
  • 89 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Atomicboy
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

h56B4E51A.jpeg
metropolis.gif
39802470.jpg
met-le-questions.png
grrrr.gif
photo.PNG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider stevebighead.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#49 10 years ago

Here we go! I wanted to refrain from posting because this is going to cost me a set of mirror blades...but then again I probably wasn't going to get them anyway.

Horror story #2. I was about to order a Metallica Pro from "Game Exchange" in late April (bought my ACDC premium from him) when I saw Strykers add on Portland's Craigslist stating he had them in stock. I also wanted to support a Oregon distributor and had met Marty in the past. Seemed like a real nice guy. Marty told me he was $100 higher but would add a set of mirror blades to make up the difference. The mirror blades would be shipped immediately and would be recieved before the machine. The machine was to be shipped curbside. He told me the ones in stock were spoken for but would have one shipped the next week. Well....over a month went by and still no machine. I called him every week and was always told a different story. He told me it had been shipped but could never give me a tracking number??? finally got so frustrated (well past a month) I called Stern for some answers but they referred me back to him. Marty finally calls (beginning of June) and tells me the machine was in transit in Portland. He told me he would go get it from the location and drive it to me. I told him it was not necessary as it was almost home. Well he went and got it anyway which smells very fishy as I don't think they would release a machine to him that was on it's way to a residence with a different name than his own. Smell a little fishy people? Anyway I finally get my Metallica after driving halfway to meet him (3 hr round trip) and asked him to bring the mirror blades (he didn't). On July 10th, I contacted him and gave him one week to deliver the mirror blades or I would give him a Pinside review because this was just rediculous(PDX beat me to it). He told me it was all a mistake and he had mailed them to a wrong address and when returned they were put away by his wife. He would mail them immediately. Coincidentally, he texted me today and told me he hadn't mailed them yet due to the stomach flu but had just mailed them this morning. Then I read the above review...hmmmm. I will update my post if I recieve the promised blades but am not holding my breath. Marty don't text or call me. Just send me my FRICK"N MIRROR BLADES! LOL

#50 10 years ago

P.S. sorry for not using paragraphs. What a ramble!

1 week later
#146 10 years ago
Quoted from StrykersArcade:

Steve <edited>.is getting a refund so he can shop elsewhere. I need to take care of my customers so this doesn't happen anymore.

Thought I would give an update. As mentioned above he stated he would be giving me a full refund. Well, no refund and no mirror blades. He told me on the day this whole thing came out that the mirror blades had already been shipped (again). Not really surprised as the whole deal smelled from the get go. $100.00 is no big deal but the lack of integrity needs to be documented. I sent him a text letting him know I still hoped he would learn from the experience and he simply told me that it didn't matter because he is closing down after his lease is up. He even tried to turn it back on me telling me I over reacted. Hope there are not too many people like this in the pinball world. Keep on flippn' people and enjoy this great hobby.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 29.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 12.95
11,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lubbock, TX
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider stevebighead.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/strykers-arcade-worst-pinball-buying-experience-ever?tu=stevebighead and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.