(Topic ID: 57038)

STRYKER'S ARCADE : WORST pinball buying experience ever!!!

By Pdxmonkey

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 186 posts
  • 89 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Atomicboy
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

h56B4E51A.jpeg
metropolis.gif
39802470.jpg
met-le-questions.png
grrrr.gif
photo.PNG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider StrykersArcade.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#14 10 years ago

I worked very hard for you and spent many hours trying to get a machine for you even after I got word of the possible cut.

I drove to tacoma solely to.speak to Gary stern and voice.my concerns about this issue with.metallica.

I would have contacted you directly earlier but you used a third party to purchase and I did not know who you are.

Metallica LE was a disaster and I spent many hours trying to fix it for you. Even offered you a machine at the last minute that I would have to drive 1000 miles round trip.to get. You said you wanted your money back and you.got it.

It is not easy being a new distributor of stern and I am at a disadvantage but I work hard and I worked hard for you. Sadly it did not turn out how I had hoped.

#15 10 years ago

I also offered a premium at cost with a refund of the difference.I understand your upset and a lot of METLE buyers are. Your recollection of events are out of order and missing a lot of information. I also offered you cost on a machine further down the line and many other options as early as the end of April but had to do it through your third party since I didn't know who you where. I don't deserve this post and I will.do what is needed to get it handled.

#19 10 years ago

It's true. I am lucky to make 5%. Im not doing it for the money! I love pinball.

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

No offense but WTF is up with the way you type?
My first reaction would be, "Damn those Nigerian scammers!"
Simple capitalization and punctuation go a long way in the business world...

Smartphone. Sorry

#40 10 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

This is what I take from this whole thing as well.A short explanation on the refund delay would go a long way to establish Stryker's side of the events.

Customer funds are kept in a trust if not sent to the manufacture or distributor directly. This takes two banking days to retrieve.

#48 10 years ago

The person he ordered through was informed of the possibility and to consider other optionsback in May. I did not know who the actual customer was until June. I started direct.communication upon knowing this 6/17. I am a direct dealer now and was set up the week of metallica release. I was being told by Gary stern and a few other bigger distributors that they would help me get my customer taken care of and I believed them. Lesson learned. This happened the week of 7/4. I initiated funds transfer 12:30 Pst 7/5after John officially gave up.On Wednesday the funds hadn't posted so I gave him what was in my pocket. 5140.00 the remainder became available later that day and he was informed the morning of 7/11. He picked it up 7/12 and hadn't heard a word since.

I am new at being a distributor for stern and it is hard to understand how they work. I feel like I exhausted every resource and tried to source a machine in anyway I could to take care of.my customer to the very end. Some of this was my ignorance and some was beyond my control. For that I apologize.

I will always.male every effort to make sure my fellow pinheads can enjoy the hobby. Thanks for the opportunity and if Jon <edited> ever needs anything. My door is open and I will make the transaction much smoother from what I've learned.

#54 10 years ago

Steve <edited>.is getting a refund so he can shop elsewhere. I need to take care of my customers so this doesn't happen anymore.

Post edited by The_Dude_Abides : Please do not provide full names of your customers.

1 week later
#168 10 years ago

Steve
Your refund for the mirror blades was sent. I had the bank do it so there was a record of it. You.may not have received the check yet but I have the receipt for it. I cannot post it for due to amount of personal information. With that. I must move forward from this subject. I will.continue to do business and allow those who choose to business with me to speak for me.

I am not planning to renew my lease on the arcade.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 29.95
$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 29.95
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
$ 26.50
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

11,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lubbock, TX

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider StrykersArcade.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/strykers-arcade-worst-pinball-buying-experience-ever?tu=StrykersArcade and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.