(Topic ID: 57038)

STRYKER'S ARCADE : WORST pinball buying experience ever!!!

By Pdxmonkey

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 186 posts
  • 89 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Atomicboy
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

h56B4E51A.jpeg
metropolis.gif
39802470.jpg
met-le-questions.png
grrrr.gif
photo.PNG
There are 186 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.
#101 10 years ago

#102 10 years ago

Interesting, he has a record.

#103 10 years ago

Why's the pic say PDXmugshots.com?

#104 10 years ago

good lord

#105 10 years ago

Per Wiki:

The city of Portland is nicknamed PDX after the International Air Transport Association airport code for the Portland International Airport which is within the city limits.

Guys, please be careful and refrain from direct personal attacks here. You didn't like him posting full customers names, and now we've got pics and info on him personally. We have let the thread go on since it was decently on topic, both parties got their say, and it seemed like a legitimate business practice thread. If it deviates too much from that, it will be locked. Thanks in advance.

#106 10 years ago
Quoted from brent149:

Why's the pic say PDXmugshots.com?

Because that's the site I got it from.

Hey Blondetall, I was very careful not to post what the arrest was for or anything. People can just google it like I did to find out. I didn't post anything that didn't come up in a google search on his name + oregon.

I'm not attacking him at all, so please don't take it that way, but I am also not going to withhold information I find that seems to be relevant to helping other people.

#107 10 years ago

Ah, I'm from the Midwest. Phrase PDX was new to me.

#108 10 years ago

Brent- me too, hence the "per Wiki." I had to look it up.

Wolf- wasn't directed solely at you. I agree Google can give a lot of info fast and is informative when making decisions. That was just a general warning to everyone in case you all come back and this thread is locked. I've already been doing behind the scene work on this one to justify keeping it open or not, so it's today's "keep an eye on this thread" thread. (Well, it and Michael Jackson...)

#109 10 years ago

#110 10 years ago

Closing this thread is a bad BAD idea. Potential buyers really need to be aware of this guy and his history. If you close the thread it will get buried and you'll expose more people to potential issues with him. It would be much better to moderate the individual posts if somebody gets too out of hand.

#111 10 years ago

dude has been exposed! SCAMMER!

#112 10 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

Wolf- wasn't directed solely at you. I agree Google can give a lot of info fast and is informative when making decisions. That was just a general warning to everyone in case you all come back and this thread is locked. I've already been doing behind the scene work on this one to justify keeping it open or not, so it's today's "keep an eye on this thread" thread. (Well, it and Michael Jackson...)

No sweat, sorry if I stirred up any trouble for you.

#113 10 years ago

Pinside really needs a bad seller/scammer sticky

#114 10 years ago
Quoted from Jam_Burglar:

Closing this thread is a bad BAD idea. Potential buyers really need to be aware of this guy and his history. If you close the thread it will get buried and you'll expose more people to potential issues with him. It would be much better to moderate the individual posts if somebody gets too out of hand.

I disagree. Point has been made with two separate people and a link to more online. At this point the thread has degraded into a heap of people agreeing that he's a poor business person, and I don't see the quality picking back up!

#115 10 years ago

Wonder why he has not posted again to defend himself?

#116 10 years ago

I recall this guy being a <edited> in other threads also.. forget what he was ripping someone about. Anyway, someone set it earlier.. this entire hobby is reputation based.. small community.

TOAST. Time for this guy to get a different scam going.

Post edited by The_Dude_Abides : Please no personal attacks.

#117 10 years ago

Closing the thread just means that it is closed to more comments, not that it disappears forever. (That would be deleting the thread, which multiple moderators have already refused to do, by the way.) This thread will show up on the exact same searches that people have used above to find out info. And unless someone is proactively talking about this constantly, it is going to get buried in threads anyway since the main page has about a 4 hour refresh rate at this point. (I remember last year when the front page was doing good to have posts from that same day.)

#118 10 years ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

I recall this guy being a <edited> in other threads also.. forget what he was ripping someone about. Anyway, someone set it earlier.. this entire hobby is reputation based.. small community.
TOAST. Time for this guy to get a different scam going.

Well hot rods, cars and pinball is clearly out. Perhaps hedge funds?

#119 10 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

Wonder why he has not posted again to defend himself?

Exactly.

I second the sticky idea for bad sellers.

#120 10 years ago

This is sad to me as I have met Marty a few times, played at his arcde, and did a trade that worked out good for all. He seems like a great guy when chatting and hanging out and if it wasn't for this thread I would not have hesitated to order a new pin from him. Sorry you get screwed PDXMonkey and Stevebighead.

#121 10 years ago

The fact that this board moves so fast is exactly why it should not be locked. If left unlocked it may stick around for a few days.

Think about balancing the harms. If it stays open, there may be some drama but more people may see it and it may save somebody from being scammed. If you close it, drama won't ensue but the result could be that somebody who would have otherwise seen it and stayed away gets roped into dealing with this guy. It seems to me that the scale swings FAR toward leaving the thread open.

#122 10 years ago

I'm just going to put this here. Straight from the Pinside community rules.

PARTICIPATE AT YOUR OWN RISK!
Using the Pinside is always at your own risk. If you choose to participate on our website or forum, you agree to do so at your own risk:

You participate at your own risk on the site and the forums and all other sections of Pinside.com
You take responsibility for your own writing and use the information provided on this site at your own risk.
While the owners of Pinside.com make every reasonable attempt to keep the forum functioning and of a generally 'friendly' and safe environment, there are no guarantees. Because this forum is a free service, open to use by all registered users, with all interactions on the boards being "live" (messages appear immediately, without any 'review' before being posted), it is literally impossible for the forum moderators to control all aspects of the forum at all times. It is certainly impossible for the forum administrators and moderators to control the actions of those persons who visit and post to these forums. Accordingly, by participating in the Pinside Forum, YOU AGREE TO PARTICIPATE AT YOUR OWN RISK.

THE FORUM ADMINISTRATORS, MODERATORS, AND PINSIDE.COM SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES, LOSSES OR EXPENSES WHICH RESULT TO YOU DUE TO YOUR PARTICIPATION OR THE PARTICIPATION OF OTHER INDIVIDUALS IN THIS FORUM. THE ADMINISTRATORS OF THE PINSIDE FORUM MAY MAKE CHANGES TO THIS AGREEMENT AT ANY TIME WITHOUT WARNING. THE FORUM ADMINISTRATORS, MODERATORS AND PINSIDE.COM MAKE NO WARRANTY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, THAT ACCESS TO THE FORUM WILL BE AVAILABLE AT ANY PARTICULAR TIME, THAT OPERATION OF THE FORUM WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE, OR THAT ANY PARTICULAR RESULT OR INFORMATION WILL BE OBTAINED. PARTICIPATION IN THE FORUM IS OFFERED ON AN "AS IS" BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND.

THE OPINIONS EXPRESSED BY INDIVIDUAL POSTERS ON THE PINSIDE FORUM ARE NOT NECESSARILY THOSE OF PINSIDE.COM, THE ADMINISTRATORS OR THE MODERATORS.

BE CAREFUL WHEN INCLUDING EMAIL ADDRESSES OR INSTANT MESSAGING ADDRESSES IN CONTRIBUTIONS, AND PLEASE DO NOT INCLUDE ANYONE ELSE'S PERSONAL DETAILS

You may include your own personal email address or instant messaging address in postings (providing it is acceptable, i.e. not vulgar or offensive), but please be aware that you are potentially opening yourself up to a lot of email, and possibly spam email too, and you should be absolutely sure that you want people to be able to contact you like this. We recommend that you set-up a new email account specifically for people to contact you on if you wish to publicise a contact point. You may prefer to simply use the private messaging facility of the Pinside, called PinsideMail.

It is not acceptable to publicise anyone else's contact details other than your own, and any such instant messaging details, email addresses, postal addresses or telephone numbers will be removed from Postings. However, it is acceptable to include general contact details for companies, for example, but you must only include publicly available details, such as the address of a restaurant, or the email address for customer support for a company.

#123 10 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

Pinside really needs a bad seller/scammer sticky

I would even integrate it into the Marketplace. Allow them to post and all, but when I search my area, it could show a rating of the seller based on the Pinside community.

#124 10 years ago

Again I just sent him a lot of money. He has been keeping me up to date with everything so far and responds right away. Ill again update everyone with how the transaction finishes up. I have hear now both sides of this story. Both parties could have acted differently.

#125 10 years ago

anyone reported this guy to Stern? If he is an actual reseller it would reflect poorly on Stern themselves

#126 10 years ago
Quoted from Shoot_Again:

I have never dealt with Stryker's arcade that I am aware of. I have however dealt with PDX Monkey a couple times now. I have had nothing but good things to say about my buying experiences with him. Very honest and straight forward guy. Never had any issues...

This man speaks the truth. Bought only my second machine off of PDXMonkey a couple of months ago. Transaction was as smooth as silk. Would not hesitate to buy any machine off of him. Great guy and a true enthusiast for the hobby. Actually hoping to pick up another machine from him in the coming months.

#127 10 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Do you work for Yelp or something? I don't know anyone that actually uses yelp.

I have to admit, I used Yelp once when I was in Nowhereville FL and needed a real meal.

#128 10 years ago
Quoted from inhomearcades:

Again I just sent him a lot of money. He has been keeping me up to date with everything so far and responds right away. Ill again update everyone with how the transaction finishes up. I have hear now both sides of this story. Both parties could have acted differently.

Something tells me he'll "try" to make your transaction go as smooth as possible after this shitstorm but it might be too little too late....

#129 10 years ago
Quoted from KHL:

I think Frank Zappa said it best
"you ask them where's my motor, well it was eaten by snakes" » YouTube video

You know that I have to thumbs up that one. (were they baby snakes?)

#130 10 years ago
Quoted from Shoot_Again:

I have never dealt with Stryker's arcade that I am aware of. I have however dealt with PDX Monkey a couple times now. I have had nothing but good things to say about my buying experiences with him. Very honest and straight forward guy. Never had any issues. Sorry to hear about the situation especially the holding of prepaid funds and still no machine.

Quoted from Elfman:

This man speaks the truth. Bought only my second machine off of PDXMonkey a couple of months ago. Transaction was as smooth as silk. Would not hesitate to buy any machine off of him. Great guy and a true enthusiast for the hobby. Actually hoping to pick up another machine from him in the coming months.

BOTH of these men speak the truth. I have done probably 10+ deals with PDXMonkey (most of them site un-seen since I'm about 12 hours away in California) and have NEVER been disappointed.

He is one of the most open and honest sellers I know. Monkey does what he says he will do, and is up-front about everything. In fact, the last few deals we've done I didn't even request pictures because I know that he would never try to "hide" anything and has a great understanding of what us pinheads look for in a nice machine.

#132 10 years ago
Quoted from Zappa:

You know that I have to thumbs up that one. (were they baby snakes?)

Yes, late at night is when they came out and I sure you know what I'm talking about.

#133 10 years ago

If you all haven't seen this other post, I'd strongly recommend you go read it.

#134 10 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I was very careful not to post what the arrest was for or anything. People can just google it like I did to find out. I didn't post anything that didn't come up in a google search on his name + oregon.

I was hoping for something a little more exciting.

#135 10 years ago

IMHO: In this hobby, reputation has a real $$$ value. I would pay a bit more for a pin knowing the seller is honest. These are not small ticket items for many people in this hobby.
There are always exceptions on both sides (seller/buyer). There are buyers that will take advantage of a seller's good nature.(e.g. a light bulb went out. can you send me a new one and btw, come to my house and install it. yes, I have encountered people like this).

Let's face it. There is always going to be "a problem person" in every crowd. I try and focus on the good folks here that helped me out & ignore the others in the hope that they will go away.

Let's play some pinball.

#136 10 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Interesting, he has a record.

What kind of a record is it? Drum N' Bass, House, Trance or Dub Step?

#137 10 years ago

A song for everyone!

#138 10 years ago
Quoted from KHL:

I think Frank Zappa said it best
"you ask them where's my motor, well it was eaten by snakes" » YouTube video

Thanks! Now I can't get this song out of my head...

#139 10 years ago
Quoted from AbacusMan:

A song for everyone!
» YouTube video

RIP Ween.

#140 10 years ago
Quoted from AbacusMan:

A song for everyone!
» YouTube video

WTF hahahaha.

That looks like the chick who's playing bass for Cowboy Mouth

1 week later
#141 10 years ago

#142 10 years ago
Quoted from KHL:

On the positive tip the games at his arcade are pretty dang nice, I worked out a trade that became frustrating in exchange for producing this video for Stryker's arcade late last year.
Stryker's Arcade promo by Karl Lind Films 2012
» Vimeo video

Nice commercial! Very well made!

#143 10 years ago

I love how his four relatives all gave him a 10 out of 10 when reviewing the business; it is almost as if he wrote them himself. on a side note I "love" how all the people came to his defense here based solely upon his service to our country. his military service and his business career are two completely separate entities and are unrelated to each other. as the father of a young man who is about to sign up for the guard AND ROTC I couldn't be more proud. if he were to swindle people post military career I could only hope he wouldn't use his service as a shield to deflect unwanted criticism like this clown. my last advice to this clown is to pay your bills and do right by those who give you their patronage.

#144 10 years ago

I wonder what would happen if I walked into his arcade right after Star Trek was anounced by Stern, pretended to be a HUGE trekie, had $7,500 on hand, and started a conversation with him acting as if I have never read this fourm. Could be interesting.

#145 10 years ago

You'd leave with a broken thumb?

#146 10 years ago
Quoted from StrykersArcade:

Steve <edited>.is getting a refund so he can shop elsewhere. I need to take care of my customers so this doesn't happen anymore.

Thought I would give an update. As mentioned above he stated he would be giving me a full refund. Well, no refund and no mirror blades. He told me on the day this whole thing came out that the mirror blades had already been shipped (again). Not really surprised as the whole deal smelled from the get go. $100.00 is no big deal but the lack of integrity needs to be documented. I sent him a text letting him know I still hoped he would learn from the experience and he simply told me that it didn't matter because he is closing down after his lease is up. He even tried to turn it back on me telling me I over reacted. Hope there are not too many people like this in the pinball world. Keep on flippn' people and enjoy this great hobby.

#147 10 years ago
Quoted from stevebighead:

I sent him a text letting him know I still hoped he would learn from the experience and he simply told me that it didn't matter because he is closing down after his lease is up. He even tried to turn it back on me telling me I over reacted

Whoa!
Pdx..you are LUCKY you got your money back!!

#148 10 years ago

I think it's great that people even assume he's telling the truth about being a vet. Once a person is caught lying, everything they say should be suspect. Unfortunately, it's very common for people to use sob stories to perpetrate frauds.

#149 10 years ago
Quoted from stevebighead:

Thought I would give an update. As mentioned above he stated he would be giving me a full refund. Well, no refund and no mirror blades. He told me on the day this whole thing came out that the mirror blades had already been shipped (again). Not really surprised as the whole deal smelled from the get go. $100.00 is no big deal but the lack of integrity needs to be documented. I sent him a text letting him know I still hoped he would learn from the experience and he simply told me that it didn't matter because he is closing down after his lease is up. He even tried to turn it back on me telling me I over reacted. Hope there are not too many people like this in the pinball world. Keep on flippn' people and enjoy this great hobby.

sorry you got burned by this grade A loser. maybe get a couple bored dudes to collect for you. get them to post the pics here for all to enjoy. they could keep collected money.

amazing how much one can accomplish with little to no dialog in these cases.

#150 10 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

I'm just going to put this here. Straight from the Pinside community rules.
PARTICIPATE AT YOUR OWN RISK!
Using the Pinside is always at your own risk. If you choose to participate on our website or forum, you agree to do so at your own risk:
You participate at your own risk on the site and the forums and all other sections of Pinside.com
You take responsibility for your own writing and use the information provided on this site at your own risk.
While the owners of Pinside.com make every reasonable attempt to keep the forum functioning and of a generally 'friendly' and safe environment, there are no guarantees. Because this forum is a free service, open to use by all registered users, with all interactions on the boards being "live" (messages appear immediately, without any 'review' before being posted), it is literally impossible for the forum moderators to control all aspects of the forum at all times. It is certainly impossible for the forum administrators and moderators to control the actions of those persons who visit and post to these forums. Accordingly, by participating in the Pinside Forum, YOU AGREE TO PARTICIPATE AT YOUR OWN RISK.
THE FORUM ADMINISTRATORS, MODERATORS, AND PINSIDE.COM SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES, LOSSES OR EXPENSES WHICH RESULT TO YOU DUE TO YOUR PARTICIPATION OR THE PARTICIPATION OF OTHER INDIVIDUALS IN THIS FORUM. THE ADMINISTRATORS OF THE PINSIDE FORUM MAY MAKE CHANGES TO THIS AGREEMENT AT ANY TIME WITHOUT WARNING. THE FORUM ADMINISTRATORS, MODERATORS AND PINSIDE.COM MAKE NO WARRANTY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, THAT ACCESS TO THE FORUM WILL BE AVAILABLE AT ANY PARTICULAR TIME, THAT OPERATION OF THE FORUM WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE, OR THAT ANY PARTICULAR RESULT OR INFORMATION WILL BE OBTAINED. PARTICIPATION IN THE FORUM IS OFFERED ON AN "AS IS" BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND.
THE OPINIONS EXPRESSED BY INDIVIDUAL POSTERS ON THE PINSIDE FORUM ARE NOT NECESSARILY THOSE OF PINSIDE.COM, THE ADMINISTRATORS OR THE MODERATORS.
BE CAREFUL WHEN INCLUDING EMAIL ADDRESSES OR INSTANT MESSAGING ADDRESSES IN CONTRIBUTIONS, AND PLEASE DO NOT INCLUDE ANYONE ELSE'S PERSONAL DETAILS
You may include your own personal email address or instant messaging address in postings (providing it is acceptable, i.e. not vulgar or offensive), but please be aware that you are potentially opening yourself up to a lot of email, and possibly spam email too, and you should be absolutely sure that you want people to be able to contact you like this. We recommend that you set-up a new email account specifically for people to contact you on if you wish to publicise a contact point. You may prefer to simply use the private messaging facility of the Pinside, called PinsideMail.
It is not acceptable to publicise anyone else's contact details other than your own, and any such instant messaging details, email addresses, postal addresses or telephone numbers will be removed from Postings. However, it is acceptable to include general contact details for companies, for example, but you must only include publicly available details, such as the address of a restaurant, or the email address for customer support for a company.

WoW! That was alot of typing! (Or did you paste or somethin')

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

11,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lubbock, TX
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 29.95
$ 25.50
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 186 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/strykers-arcade-worst-pinball-buying-experience-ever/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.