Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSCN5560 (resized).JPG
20171013_150732 (resized).jpg
20171013_150634 (resized).jpg
sb (resized).jpg
20171006_191007 (resized).jpg

#1 6 years ago

I am restoring a Williams Struggle Buggies and need some pics of the score motor. Wondering if one of you could have that game and send me some pics. Would be full appreciated. Thanks

#2 6 years ago

Have you looked at the schematic? My king pin has the score motor pictured on it

#3 6 years ago

I got your message and as soon as I get around to it I will!

#4 6 years ago

Thanks for your replies. Briehl I am still waiting for the schematic, but considering the age of the pin and comparing to other 50's Williams schematics I have, they don't have the score motor pictured and are more difficult to interpret than Gottlieb's.
O-din Thank you very much for your help. Pictures will be much appreciated. This is a not often seen pinball.

#5 6 years ago

I have the schematic as well. I got it from PBresource. I'll unscrew the playfield and take some pics this weekend. Struuggle Buggies is a worthy cause for restoration. I'm just lucky I got one that doesn't need it.

#6 6 years ago

I bought the schematic from Mike Pacak but I'm still waiting for it. The schematic alone can't help. Pics would be a great help as I need to build one from the zero. The game is a very nice one and in good shape and as you, I think it worths a restoration. Please use my mail address for the pics if you please. Thanks a lot.

#7 6 years ago

Will do! It's a real fun game to play as well. And a real looker for sure. I had to remove and reglue all the inserts on the playfield when I shopped it out and that made all the difference in the world. Using wood glue made that an easy task.

#8 6 years ago

Mine need that too. It's very dirty but play field will clean very well. No paint loss on it.

20171006_191007 (resized).jpg20171006_191007 (resized).jpg

#9 6 years ago

Looks good! As long as you have all those bumper caps it should turn out reel nice. But you can make me a copy of your score card if you don't mind.

sb (resized).jpgsb (resized).jpg

#10 6 years ago

I have all bumper caps and parts missing in the pic. The score card is not original. It's typewrited in French. Do you want it anyway?

#11 6 years ago

I don't speak French so it probably wouldn't do me any good, but thanks anyway. Amazingly I was able to figure out the rules without the instruction cards.

#12 6 years ago

I will translate them to you tomorrow.

#13 6 years ago

It looks like your game has not the original bumper caps. These are the original silver/gold painted like the games seen on IPDB.

20171013_150634 (resized).jpg20171013_150634 (resized).jpg

#14 6 years ago

Instruction card says:
From 1 to 5 lights off: 1 credit for 1 E 1
A-B-C Lights off: 1 credit for SPECIAL on bottom
8 Laps - 1 Credit
10 Laps - 2 Credits
18 Laps - 3 Credits
25 Laps - 4 Credits

20171013_150732 (resized).jpg20171013_150732 (resized).jpg

#15 6 years ago
Quoted from portugalpinball:

It looks like your game has not the original bumper caps. These are the original silver/gold painted like the games seen on IPDB.

Well isn't that a bummer? I guess I'm OK with them as long as I don't spend too much time dwelling on it.

Tomorrow I should be able to get into the game and take some pics for you, but housecleaning comes first, and that's what I've been doing all day. And now it's Miller time, even though I don't drink that swill.

#16 6 years ago

Thank you very much.

#17 6 years ago

I sent a bunch more to your e-mail. I think I covered all angles. Let me know if you need any more.

Gotta wonder why somebody robbed the score motor out of a game like this.

DSCN5560 (resized).JPGDSCN5560 (resized).JPG

#18 6 years ago

Thank you very much again. They look perfect. Using them and schematic I think I will have no problem in building it. Just need to find a Williams motor from that era. I have several from other brands but no Williams and are quit different.
The best pics are the ones you took in front of each stack of contacts so I can see which are open or close and the wire colors.
If not a major problem to you, I would like only 4 more pics: one of each contacts stack.
Again thank you. You gave me a great help to save this game.

#19 6 years ago

If possible the number of teeth of the cam (I think it would have around 30 or so).

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/struggle-buggies-score-motor and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.