(Topic ID: 88144)

Strikes & Spares Restoration Complete.....

By Stu

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 58 posts
  • 32 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Mk1Mod0
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 23 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Frontier.jpg
bally-sns.jpg
Bally_1978_Strikes_and_Spares_Manual_pg 9.jpg
image-15.jpg
Screen Shot 2014-08-27 at 7.19.44 AM.png
Screen Shot 2014-08-27 at 7.17.30 AM.png
S&S_17.jpg
S&S_28.jpg
S&S_25.jpg
S&S_24.jpg
S&S_23.jpg
S&S_22.jpg
S&S_9.jpg
S&S_8.jpg
S&S_7.jpg
S&S_5.jpg

There are 58 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 5 years ago

Okay - you got me there. Out of curiosity I looked up the diagram on the Frontier playfield. Low and behold - flippers aligned ABOVE the ball guides!!!!

Frontier.jpg
#52 5 years ago

I hope no one is using that Strikes and Spares drawing to align their flippers.

bally-sns.jpg

#53 5 years ago

I don't think anyone is being malicious or trying to start a shitstorm - just bantering about game setup. I've had this ongoing argument with friends for years.

I see people asking this question pretty frequently here.

Everything that Stu and CPR do for pinball is fantastic. As he said - align your flippers however you want.

Easier traps and more power towards the pops/center of the pf? Alight them to the lane guides (higher).

Tougher traps and more power towards the spinners/outside shots? Align them to the biff bars and "shipping pins".

#54 5 years ago

Very nice. Threads like this inspire me to move on older pins.

#55 5 years ago
Quoted from noahpdavis:

I don't think anyone is being malicious or trying to start a shitstorm - just bantering about game setup. I've had this ongoing argument with friends for years.
I see people asking this question pretty frequently here.
Everything that Stu and CPR do for pinball is fantastic. As he said - align your flippers however you want.
Easier traps and more power towards the pops/center of the pf? Alight them to the lane guides (higher).
Tougher traps and more power towards the spinners/outside shots? Align them to the biff bars and "shipping pins".

LOL, that tiny bit of adjustment isn't going to make trapping with three inch flippers and inlanes any easier or harder. It's not hard to do in the first place.

#56 5 years ago

^^^ - "Raising the flippers won't make it easier to trap" - FTW!

#57 5 years ago
Quoted from noahpdavis:

Totally. I didn't mean to throw this thread so far off topic. I think we all agree to disagree. But I'm with the flyer boys on this one - droopy flips 4LYFE.

Awesome job on the restoration Stu, and thanks for all the work you do!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 74.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Id Rather Play Pinball
1,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
There are 58 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside