(Topic ID: 137633)

Strikes 'n Spares - things to watch for?

By pyrowolf

8 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by ForceFlow
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

Hello! I'm going to look at a SNS tomorrow and wondered if anyone had any specific things I should watch for?

The dual DMD will get nitpicked having the custom controller but not sure what else I should be watching for.

#2 8 years ago

ask for manual. look for wear by flippers. make sure pins move out of way. its really a simple game. btw, never EVER remove ribbon cables to the dmds while powered on. you will pop a gal chip.

#3 8 years ago

I believe Forceflow still has a playfield and some other minor parts.

#4 8 years ago
Quoted from Meatneck:

I believe Forceflow still has a playfield and some other minor parts.

Not anymore--I just shipped the playfield out to someone a couple days ago. I still have the ramps, ball shield, and gold apron.

#5 8 years ago

Playfield wear between the flippers is the biggest problem on these. Otherwise, make sure it has the correct size pinballs in it and they are not all rusty. I forget the diameter, but they are not standard. Trough where balls drain can sometimes be cracked (underneath, upper playfield). I believe I have a DMD control board for this if you run into a pinch. Not positive it works, but looks fine. Good luck. John

#6 8 years ago

Thanks everyone for the feedback! I ended up getting a heck of a deal on it, and even with some wear it was a good deal.

- There was definitely some playfield wear right above the flippers, might keep my eyes open for a playfield.
- It has the correct size balls, but they are a little rusty. Would a vibrating polisher help with that, or is a whole new set of balls better?
- Plastics and DMD are perfect, and the reset mechanisms works perfectly

The only weirdness is sometimes when I first turn it on, the upkicker in the back just cycles repeatedly with a delay between cycles. I'll post in the other forum, but if anyone has any ideas that'd be awesome.

Thanks so much for your help everybody!

#7 8 years ago
Quoted from pyrowolf:

- It has the correct size balls, but they are a little rusty. Would a vibrating polisher help with that, or is a whole new set of balls better?

Just get new ones. And don't play the game with rusty balls--they act like sandpaper on the playfield and do a good amount of damage.

#8 8 years ago

I have some black ones that I would be willing to sell. And they are the correct size. I think I bought them from bling pinballs a while back.

#9 8 years ago

Your opto thinks something is there. I posted what to check in your other post.

Someone on Pinside was trying to peddle a nice SnS playfield the other day for el cheapo money. I was shocked no one jumped on it because these are not easy to find. Thought about buying it just to have it, but passed. Search the archives and it might still be available.

#10 8 years ago
Quoted from paragon66x:

Someone on Pinside was trying to peddle a nice SnS playfield the other day for el cheapo money. I was shocked no one jumped on it because these are not easy to find. Thought about buying it just to have it, but passed. Search the archives and it might still be available.

That was me, and it's been sold.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/strikes-n-spares-things-to-watch-for and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.