(Topic ID: 219297)

Who ordered the Turkey Club? (Strikes N Spares club)

By TwoHeartedMale

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 25 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by MT45
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Whats your Favorite game mode?”

• Regulation 9 votes
    82%
  • Flash 0 votes
  • Strike 90 2 votes
    18%

(11 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2402 (resized).JPG
IMG_2403 (resized).JPG
IMG_2404 (resized).JPG
IMG_2314 (resized).JPG
IMG_2313 (resized).JPG
IMG_2312 (resized).JPG
F1F8EC6E-8741-4E66-B60C-0AF2D46EE135 (resized).jpeg
5DD8E603-FB56-462A-91C0-FADD498E455A (resized).jpeg
IMG_2296 (2) (resized).JPG
IMG_2295 (resized).JPG
IMG_2293 (resized).JPG
IMG_2292 (2) (resized).JPG
IMG_2290 (resized).JPG
IMG_2271 (resized).JPG
IMG_2278 (2) (resized).JPG
IMG_2288 (resized).JPG
#1 5 years ago

Im about to pick up my gottlieb strikes n spares 1995. Was wondering if a mod would start a club.

#2 5 years ago

Ask Robin or post on the moderator forum.

LTG : )

1 month later
#3 5 years ago

Is this the club?

If so, can anyone beat my Flash 90 score?
I have no idea what happened, but during a really crappy game, I picked up a spare and it gave me 3 billion points.

0DF74026-002C-4948-AD60-7EE3CF5DB4E3 (resized).jpeg0DF74026-002C-4948-AD60-7EE3CF5DB4E3 (resized).jpeg
#4 5 years ago
Quoted from shirkle:

Is this the club?
If so, can anyone beat my Flash 90 score?
I have no idea what happened, but during a really crappy game, I picked up a spare and it gave me 3 billion points.
[quoted image]

I would love for this to be the club. I'm new to pinside and don't feel like I'm qualified to be club leader lol. But here goes anyway!

That is some crazy Strike 90 Flow!!!! wow, you just raised the bar!

#5 5 years ago

has anyone had an issue with the Ball return firing for a while after all the balls are cleared out of the back? Its in a hard to get to place and I can't really see it. is this a common problem?

#6 5 years ago

What are the slandered legs for SnS? mine came with 27 on front and 28 on back. I've never heard of this being done, but then again this is a "novelty" pin lol.

#7 5 years ago

Ok, so it’s not a glitch. The billion point shot in Strike 90 is definitely programmed in. I hit it again tonight (I believe it was a second ball with pins 1,3,6,7,10, and I hit all but 7). Anyway, the display said “BILLION” in huge letters when I did it. I was player two both times that this happened.

Anyone else ever had that?

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from shirkle:

Ok, so it’s not a glitch. The billion point shot in Strike 90 is definitely programmed in. I hit it again tonight (I believe it was a second ball with pins 1,3,6,7,10, and I hit all but 7). Anyway, the display said “BILLION” in huge letters when I did it. I was player two both times that this happened.
Anyone else ever had that?

I asked a few people that have owned it and they didnt believe me untill i showed them the photo. Thats crazy. Was that the same shot situation as the first time?

#9 5 years ago

I THINK it was the same shot, but I didn’t know for sure. The funny thing is that the display says “BILLION” and then awards 3 Billion. That part’s consistent. Pretty weird. Hard to get on my high score list now!

#10 5 years ago

Thats crazy, i wonder if thats an easter egg. Have you changed any game settings?

#11 5 years ago

I have owned a couple of these and they are fun. Its great in a mix of games, but not a stand alone

#12 5 years ago

Got a video of the “Billion” shot tonight. I knew what to look for and when to film. It happens on a second ball when the 1-3-6-7 combo is left and you knock down just the 1-3-6, leaving the 7 standing.

1 week later
#13 5 years ago

Just joined the club with a real low play, nearly new looking example - love the gameplay on this machine!
Perfect to add to a larger collection. Tonight I added mylar just ahead of the flippers before the factory applied mylar begins.

My template is attached should anyone else want to print it to cut a piece of mylar.
You need to print on legal size paper

First the template:

StrikesNSpares_Mylar.pdfStrikesNSpares_Mylar.pdf

Now some images installing and after install.
It's installed so tightly to the existing factory mylar that there is no gap at all

IMG_2297 (resized).JPGIMG_2297 (resized).JPG

After install - hard to see the edges, need to look close

IMG_2298 (resized).JPGIMG_2298 (resized).JPG
IMG_2300 (resized).JPGIMG_2300 (resized).JPG
IMG_2301 (resized).JPGIMG_2301 (resized).JPG
IMG_2299 (resized).JPGIMG_2299 (resized).JPG

#14 5 years ago

Now some images of the game itself! I'll have to check play count but I'm sure it's under 1,000
Game looks new inside and out

Came with manual, original coinbox lock bar, original factory fuse kit, bulletins, 14 extra balls and the orginal (unopened) factory warranty cards

IMG_2271 (resized).JPGIMG_2271 (resized).JPGIMG_2278 (2) (resized).JPGIMG_2278 (2) (resized).JPGIMG_2288 (resized).JPGIMG_2288 (resized).JPGIMG_2290 (resized).JPGIMG_2290 (resized).JPGIMG_2292 (2) (resized).JPGIMG_2292 (2) (resized).JPGIMG_2293 (resized).JPGIMG_2293 (resized).JPGIMG_2295 (resized).JPGIMG_2295 (resized).JPGIMG_2296 (2) (resized).JPGIMG_2296 (2) (resized).JPG Added over 6 years ago:

Edit ... playcount was 413!

#15 5 years ago

Looks incredible. I’m jealous.

Mine wasn’t nearly as nice, but I polished it up ok and added some powder coated legs, lock bar, and rails. My playfield has a good amount of wear near the flippers. Hoping to find a playfield in better shape some day. Thanks for the mylar template!

5DD8E603-FB56-462A-91C0-FADD498E455A (resized).jpeg5DD8E603-FB56-462A-91C0-FADD498E455A (resized).jpegF1F8EC6E-8741-4E66-B60C-0AF2D46EE135 (resized).jpegF1F8EC6E-8741-4E66-B60C-0AF2D46EE135 (resized).jpeg
#17 5 years ago
Quoted from shirkle:

Mine wasn’t nearly as nice, but I polished it up ok and added some powder coated legs, lock bar, and rails. My playfield has a good amount of wear near the flippers. Hoping to find a playfield in better shape some day. Thanks for the mylar template![quoted image][quoted image]

Powder coat looks great!!! Now i gotta get mine done

#18 5 years ago

Such a fun game
I sold mine to my neighbor
Who took it to his lake house
Its a perfect drinking game
I can still play every now and then and actually still have most of the High scores
Every one knows how to bowl!

#19 5 years ago
Quoted from shirkle:

Mine wasn’t nearly as nice, but I polished it up ok and added some powder coated legs, lock bar, and rails. My playfield has a good amount of wear near the flippers. Hoping to find a playfield in better shape some day. Thanks for the mylar template![quoted image][quoted image]

That powder coat is just perfect for this game. Well done sir.
I wonder if a scan printed to a decal could quickly improve your PF? Then add mylar over the decal to protect it ...

#20 5 years ago

Finally got my SnS "mods" in the mail and installed.

I purchased an ABC 300 ring (red stone) and an ABC 299 ring (blue stone), then installed them on top of my ball returns

These are engraved with the names of the original owners from 1988 and 1995 respectively (1995 being the same year SnS was made)

Nice conversation pieces and dont block the view of the game in any way

IMG_2312 (resized).JPGIMG_2312 (resized).JPGIMG_2313 (resized).JPGIMG_2313 (resized).JPGIMG_2314 (resized).JPGIMG_2314 (resized).JPG
#21 5 years ago

I’ve thought about it, but hard to justify a $600 playfield in a $900 game (what I spent on it a month ago). I’ve thought about the scan and decal method as well, but I don’t currently have a scanner.

2 weeks later
#22 5 years ago

Added green LEDs under ball launches per a video I saw from Todd Tuckey. Cant see them until the ball launches but they look great!

Used some Comet connectors and some bayonet mounts. Pics show where if you are considering the same.

IMG_2402 (resized).JPGIMG_2402 (resized).JPGIMG_2403 (resized).JPGIMG_2403 (resized).JPGIMG_2404 (resized).JPGIMG_2404 (resized).JPG
#23 5 years ago

Thought about doing this. It looks like they intended to do that at some point because a place for it is drawn on the playfield. Looks easy enough. Good job.

1 month later
#24 5 years ago

just saw this today, makes me want to do the same thing!!!!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/strikes-n-spares-re-theme-el-duderino

1 week later
#25 5 years ago

Holy crap - that's awesome! Thanks for sharing!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/strikes-n-spares-gottlieb-95-club and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.