PXL_20240225_222041711 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240225_234640183 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240225_222029623 (resized).jpg
16839118689264304754435103640494 (resized).jpg
16839118526553445703537783568725 (resized).jpg
958E21D3-54E3-47CB-89B0-0497AB1A37FF (resized).jpeg
9AA3E8FE-C8AC-402C-B0AE-04E94C8B3622 (resized).jpeg
C215565D-803F-40E0-BAEE-69B4A968D0BB.jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider spyderturbo007.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#91 4 years ago

I'm having an issue with one I purchased a few months ago. It was one of the reasons the guy sold the game. Typically around the 7th frame, the game will register one or two misses. After it does that, you can see a coil up top continually firing. It fires 10-12 times, stops and then things return to normal.

I thought it might be registering a ball landing on the up kicker so I cleaned that opto. Unfortunately, it still does it.

Anyone know how this thing works and what sensor controls the scoring? It can't be an issue with the pin sensor, or it would at least register 1 pin. It has to be something past that point.

Oddly enough, it normally happens around the 7th frame.

#93 4 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

Very odd, I’m presuming it does this without the player even releasing a ball?
I would say the switch (I think opto) for the ball VUK is flaky but also scoring a miss is interesting... I thought the sequence was that you had to have a released ball for a miss to register and just having something register in the VUK wouldn’t do it by itself. I’ll experiment with just dropping a ball in without releasing one and see what happens.
When this happens is the gutter-ball solonoid also firing? Just thinking maybe its registering a ball there by chance.

Thanks for the help.

It does it without releasing a ball, if I remember correctly. The VUK seems to work just fine, it's the upper solenoid that keeps firing after the miss is registered. Typically, it puts up two misses in a row.

#95 4 years ago

Thanks for doing that for me. The ball kickout seems fine. I haven't had any issues with it and based on the condition of the game, it barely looks like it's been played.

I'll re-seat anything in a socket and report back.

Thanks again!

#96 4 years ago

I pulled the pin setter mech out and cleaned all the optos that control the ball diverters. We played about 6-7 games on it last night and it seemed fine.

Keep your fingers crossed.

3 weeks later
#98 4 years ago

I don’t know if you have to pull it, but your life is going to be a lot easier if you do. The pin setter mech comes out really quickly.

7 months later
#114 3 years ago

Anyone ever have theirs where it randomly cycles balls when it’s in attract mode? It fires all 8 into the trough and then puts them back 4 on each side. It’s fine for about 60s and then does it again.

I’m completely clueless since it plays fine.

#119 3 years ago
Quoted from shirkle:

Mine does this, but definitely not that frequently. I have the manual and can check later, but I believe it's part of an attract mode.

That would be awesome if you could. I don't think I have a manual. It never did it before, but my batteries did go dead and I had to replace them. I went through the settings, but didn't see anything.

#121 3 years ago

Thanks for checking.

Anyone have any other ideas on why it might be cycling balls for no reason in attract mode?

#123 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Toward the bottom of this thread, someone suggests doing to factory reset in the menu had stopped the cycling in attract mode. https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/rec.games.pinball/mQSrgg0WzNs

Awesome. Thanks for finding that for me. I'll give that a try this weekend.

1 week later
#124 3 years ago

Just to update this thread. I couldn’t find anything that performed a factory reset in the menu, so I used the button in the head. It appears to have resolved the issue. I left it on for about 30 minutes while I was playing some other games and it didn’t randomly cycle any balls.

#127 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

It should be in the menu with the free play on/off.

Just to follow up, there isn't the traditional free play setting in the menu. It's an actual switch on the little board but it doesn't say freeplay. It says something about tournament mode.

I also looked 3 -4 times and there isn't anything in the menu other than restore default settings, which I tried and it didn't work. The only thing that worked was the little button on the board. It must do something different than the "restore default settings" in the menu.

Just thought I'd update this for someone in the future.

1 year later
#190 2 years ago

What's one of these things go for these days? Ever since I got my shuffle alley, it just kind of sits there not getting played.

#191 2 years ago
Quoted from Stebel:

I had removed the head of the game to get it into the basement. When reconnected, I had a cycling when I first powered on. None since.
Could be just coincidence.

I'm thinking you're correct. A wire for my battery holder fell off the board so I took it out and had my buddy fix it for me. When I powered everything back on, it required the yellow CPU board button reset like it always does. After a couple minutes of being powered on, it went through the ball cycling. Then it stopped and hasn't done it since.

I'm guessing following the reset, it's trying to figure out where the balls are and runs through a calibration to get them where they need to be.

3 months later
#216 2 years ago

Anyone know what one of these things is worth in almost perfect condition? There isn’t any wear on the play field and the cabinet is a 9/10.

1 year later
#234 11 months ago

If anyone is looking for one of these, let me know. Mine is up for sale and is in excellent condition.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider spyderturbo007.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/strikes-n%e2%80%99-spares-club?tu=spyderturbo007 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.