PXL_20240225_222041711 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240225_234640183 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240225_222029623 (resized).jpg
16839118689264304754435103640494 (resized).jpg
16839118526553445703537783568725 (resized).jpg
958E21D3-54E3-47CB-89B0-0497AB1A37FF (resized).jpeg
9AA3E8FE-C8AC-402C-B0AE-04E94C8B3622 (resized).jpeg
C215565D-803F-40E0-BAEE-69B4A968D0BB.jpeg
There are 264 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 6.
#101 4 years ago

Big Lebowski pinblades from Tilt graphics. Easy install.

#103 4 years ago

Were they a direct fit?

#104 4 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

Were they a direct fit?

Yep. Like a glove!

#105 4 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Yep. Like a glove!

Thx!

2 months later
#106 3 years ago

lost power to game, all fuses seem good and plug is good, are power supplys for these known to go out? Any ideas what would cause this? Display had stopped working the week before, now nothing.

3 months later
#107 3 years ago

Where can I find the bin file for the game rom?

1 week later
#108 3 years ago

Can someone with a manual check what the left and right kicker transistor Q numbers are on the solenoid board for Strikes 'N Spares

#109 3 years ago
Quoted from slghokie:

Can someone with a manual check what the left and right kicker transistor Q numbers are on the solenoid board for Strikes 'N Spares

The manual shows those coils as solenoids zero and one
So, Q1 and Q2

Hope these help

IMG_9256 (resized).jpgIMG_9256 (resized).jpgIMG_9255 (resized).jpgIMG_9255 (resized).jpg

#110 3 years ago

Thank you MT45 !!! Exactly what I needed.

#111 3 years ago

Still waiting for when a cheap one of these shows up. Project or not.

It’s a neat little game! I could never justify some of the crazy prices I’ve seen for them.

#112 3 years ago

Better than Slugfest and Hotshots. Not as good as Namco Bowl-O-Rama.An odd sleeper.

F66D9008-B3B6-46AD-A9B2-7681C4E63F9A (resized).jpegF66D9008-B3B6-46AD-A9B2-7681C4E63F9A (resized).jpeg
#113 3 years ago

An odd sleeper for sure! A great party game. One of the games in my collection that gets played EVERY time my friends come over.

1 week later
#114 3 years ago

Anyone ever have theirs where it randomly cycles balls when it’s in attract mode? It fires all 8 into the trough and then puts them back 4 on each side. It’s fine for about 60s and then does it again.

I’m completely clueless since it plays fine.

#115 3 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

Anyone ever have theirs where it randomly cycles balls when it’s in attract mode? It fires all 8 into the trough and then puts them back 4 on each side. It’s fine for about 60s and then does it again.

Never - at least not that I've noticed. You saying that the ball is served but hits the drain, then shot to back of pins - to be replaced in the left/right troughs?
Wierd

#116 3 years ago

I've only had mine for a few months but have never seen that.

#117 3 years ago

Yes. I repaired a game for a friend and it does it as well. I don't have a manual to check to see if this is an adjustment setting. I think there will be.

#118 3 years ago

Mine does this, but definitely not that frequently. I have the manual and can check later, but I believe it's part of an attract mode.

#119 3 years ago
Quoted from shirkle:

Mine does this, but definitely not that frequently. I have the manual and can check later, but I believe it's part of an attract mode.

That would be awesome if you could. I don't think I have a manual. It never did it before, but my batteries did go dead and I had to replace them. I went through the settings, but didn't see anything.

#120 3 years ago

Just wanted to follow up on this. I checked the manual and could find nothing about it. Sorry I couldn’t be of any help!

#121 3 years ago

Thanks for checking.

Anyone have any other ideas on why it might be cycling balls for no reason in attract mode?

#122 3 years ago

Toward the bottom of this thread, someone suggests doing to factory reset in the menu had stopped the cycling in attract mode. https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/rec.games.pinball/mQSrgg0WzNs

#123 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Toward the bottom of this thread, someone suggests doing to factory reset in the menu had stopped the cycling in attract mode. https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/rec.games.pinball/mQSrgg0WzNs

Awesome. Thanks for finding that for me. I'll give that a try this weekend.

1 week later
#124 3 years ago

Just to update this thread. I couldn’t find anything that performed a factory reset in the menu, so I used the button in the head. It appears to have resolved the issue. I left it on for about 30 minutes while I was playing some other games and it didn’t randomly cycle any balls.

#125 3 years ago

factory reset in the menu

It should be in the menu with the free play on/off.

It appears to have resolved the issue. I left it on for about 30 minutes while I was playing some other games and it didn’t randomly cycle any balls.

Cool

#126 3 years ago

Just to update this thread. I couldn’t find anything that performed a factory reset in the menu, so I used the button in the head. It appears to have resolved the issue. I left it on for about 30 minutes while I was playing some other games and it didn’t randomly cycle any balls.

Awesome! Glad its solved

#127 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

It should be in the menu with the free play on/off.

Just to follow up, there isn't the traditional free play setting in the menu. It's an actual switch on the little board but it doesn't say freeplay. It says something about tournament mode.

I also looked 3 -4 times and there isn't anything in the menu other than restore default settings, which I tried and it didn't work. The only thing that worked was the little button on the board. It must do something different than the "restore default settings" in the menu.

Just thought I'd update this for someone in the future.

#128 3 years ago

restore default settings

Good info. It has been a while since I had been in any Gottlieb menu. The search continues, but you are likely right about that if others have the same result.

#129 3 years ago

Hi guys,

I too have the dreaded cycling of the balls one at a time into the drain and shoot them up into the trough during attract mode. Many times they get stuck in the trough and that's the end of playing until you remove the glass and stick your hand back there and shake the balls around until they all shoot back out.

What's the consensus on fixing that? reset the board? How was that done, setting in the options?

My 2nd problem is that one of the coils that deflects the upkicked ball left or right behind the pins burned up. I need the coil and it's long plunger which melted.

I'm not at the property that has the machine where I have a manual, can anyone give me the part number of the coil and plunger so that I can buy replacements?

Thanks,
Rick

2 weeks later
#130 3 years ago

Not an owner of this great title but certainly looking...played it so much as a teenager!

1 month later
#131 3 years ago
Quoted from Randy_G:

Not an owner of this great title but certainly looking...played it so much as a teenager!

I'm thinking about getting rid of mine. Looking to trade up, if your interested.

5 months later
#132 2 years ago

Finally rolled a 300 on this baby after about 6 months owning it. I didn't play it much till my neighbor starting loving it. He's close to getting his perfect game too. Great for multi player.

#133 2 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Finally rolled a 300 on this baby after about 6 months owning it. I didn't play it much till my neighbor starting loving it. He's close to getting his perfect game too. Great for multi player.

Was this a 300 where you cradled the ball before each shot, or was the a reaction 300?

#134 2 years ago
Quoted from Stebel:

Was this a 300 where you cradled the ball before each shot, or was the a reaction 300?

Cradled

#135 2 years ago

If the pitch is set correctly you should not be able to cradle and hold the ball to make a shot. A friend and I each had this machine at one time, and his was very easy to hold the ball, and then shoot, he did very well until he came to my house where you had a certain time to hit the ball or it drained...A much more fair to way to play, I think.

#136 2 years ago

I am in the club! Cabinet is really nice shape. Playfield has some wear so I be looking for a new one of those.

I have some display issues to fix. Need a manual though.

No PDF anywhere to be found. If anyone has one please let me know.

6C95DC6B-806F-4EC4-B996-4827441191C4 (resized).jpeg6C95DC6B-806F-4EC4-B996-4827441191C4 (resized).jpeg
#137 2 years ago
Quoted from Stebel:

I am in the club! Cabinet is really nice shape. Playfield has some wear so I be looking for a new one of those.
[quoted image]

Congrats on the find. Good luck with the PF search.

#138 2 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

Congrats on the find. Good luck with the PF search.

Could some kind soul send or post a pic of the lamp and switch matrix.

I have bowling pins 6-10 not registering (switches are fine if I swap wire)

Lamps 30-36 are out, they all work I swapped connectors.

#139 2 years ago
Quoted from Stebel:

[quoted image]

Gottlieb copyrights are still enforced by the family, you’ll have to buy a manual from Steve at PBR.

#140 2 years ago
Quoted from TheMickster:

If the pitch is set correctly you should not be able to cradle and hold the ball to make a shot. A friend and I each had this machine at one time, and his was very easy to hold the ball, and then shoot, he did very well until he came to my house where you had a certain time to hit the ball or it drained...A much more fair to way to play, I think.

Interesting. Everyone of these I've ever played has been a cradle and shoot situation. I've played several. Are there settings that make you lose the cradle after so many seconds. I always figured it was on purpose since your need to time your shot for flash.

#141 2 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Interesting. Everyone of these I've ever played has been a cradle and shoot situation. I've played several. Are there settings that make you lose the cradle after so many seconds. I always figured it was on purpose since your need to time your shot for flash.

Maybe it’s the setting about Strike difficulty. It goes from easy to extra hard. I don’t have a manual so I don’t know exactly what makes it easy or very hard.

My game is cycling balls in attract mode. Need to work on that before I experiment with settings.

#142 2 years ago

I really do not think that was in the original design to cradle the ball, look at any pitch and bat, could you imagine if you could do that with those games....?

#143 2 years ago
Quoted from Stebel:

My game is cycling balls in attract mode. Need to work on that before I experiment with settings.

This is normal behavior. It might be possible to turn it off, but it’s definitely part of the attract mode.

#144 2 years ago
Quoted from shirkle:

This is normal behavior. It might be possible to turn it off, but it’s definitely part of the attract mode.

I have read other posts that say it is not part of the attract mode and can be eliminated by doing a factory reset.

#145 2 years ago
Quoted from Stebel:

I have read other posts that say it is not part of the attract mode and can be eliminated by doing a factory reset.

You may be correct. Mine did that for a while, cycling the balls every few minutes, but no longer did it after a reset. I just assumed it was a setting that I undid via the reset. Either way, should take just a minute to get rid of that feature/bug.

3 weeks later
#146 2 years ago

Just got my Strikes 'n Spares today. Lots of fun.

2 weeks later
#147 2 years ago
Quoted from ritch12345:

Just got my Strikes 'n Spares today. Lots of fun.

Pics?
Story?
Condition?

#148 2 years ago

Condition is very good. Everything works. I changed the onboard battery. Now has a battery socket on board. No wear on playfiled near flippers. Guy from York Pa where I bought it, put yellow t-molding on which I like. Side art looks great. Machine did spend some time in a bowling alley.

20210627_072204 (resized).jpg20210627_072204 (resized).jpg20210627_072212 (resized).jpg20210627_072212 (resized).jpg
#149 2 years ago

It looks good! Congrats!

#150 2 years ago

Are you going to add mylar near the flippers?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 264 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/strikes-n%E2%80%99-spares-club/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.