1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 29 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 8 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

pasted_image (resized).png
9FBB0F2B-2FD4-4672-B4FB-DFE3EFE8F490 (resized).jpeg
C0C4FBD0-8E19-4B69-973A-98D78B2A6832 (resized).jpeg
19C5CACF-4452-4824-B424-36B86FFC860F (resized).jpeg
BE860D8F-FF4F-4A04-8A2D-F79A2DFCF010 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0188 (resized).jpg
IMG_0186 (resized).jpg
IMG_0187 (resized).jpg

#1 1 year ago

Only 750 people own it including me

#2 1 year ago

Gottlieb or Bally?

#3 1 year ago

Gottlieb

#4 1 year ago

Oh yeah, I see the difference now. N' vs And. I always thought they were the exact same title before.

10 months later
#5 4 months ago

Im thinking about grabbing one of these from a friend for the winter. Any tips on keeping this game in good working order? He said that he only has 1 ball in each alley and that if he put more than 1 on each alley that it wouldnt kick the balls out. Dirty coil sleeves maybe....

Also, what size are the balls? I may get a few more to have around...

#6 4 months ago

It takes a 11/4" diameter ball per Marco Specialties.

#8 4 months ago

Nice story. Enjoyed your article.

#9 4 months ago
Quoted from Toucanf16:

Nice story. Enjoyed your article.

Thx. Kind of you to say!

2 weeks later
#10 4 months ago

OK, went and looked at my dirty girl yesterday. She plays fine, shes just a little messy.

Is this the way you all transport it with the head down? I tried with the top unlatched as well, but that seemed just as sketchy. Any tips?

Also, does any one have a pic of their game set on the lower leg holes? Contemplating doing this so my 3 year old can play easily.

Going to try and get Back Alley bowling balls made. Not sure Ill get them in time for my party though...sigh. backalleymatt

IMG_0186 (resized).jpgIMG_0187 (resized).jpgIMG_0188 (resized).jpg

#11 4 months ago

backalleymatt , I guess Marco has some in stock. I hope theyre as nice as yours! Unfortunately I cant wait for an answer.

#12 4 months ago

Yes, you need to unlatch the smaller hinged top piece, to unfold it, and then it lays flat..make sure you lay some protection on top of the side rails too..

#13 4 months ago
Quoted from TheMickster:

Yes, you need to unlatch the smaller hinged top piece, to unfold it, and then it lays flat..make sure you lay some protection on top of the side rails too..

So the top unfolds all the way out.....got it. I had it half cocked and resting half open, but that looked wonky as hell. Thanks for the tip.

I just rushed some balls from Marco, Ill report back if theyre any good. Hopefully they just have stock of Back Alley's balls that they are re-selling.

#14 4 months ago

Gold wings is on the mend, ill put sns on the end when its fixed. Cant wait for my balls!

Lower leg setting is awesome. I have a friend in a wheel chair as well, he will dig this I think.

BE860D8F-FF4F-4A04-8A2D-F79A2DFCF010 (resized).jpeg
#15 4 months ago

Got my SNS playable last night. Only real issue left to fix is someone had put in a not even close coil on the left launcher so waiting on a coil.

I’ll have to see if I can make it harder to cradle the ball... it would be kind of cool if they had set it so if you hold the flipper for more than say 2-3 seconds (whatever the average time to completely stop the ball) it would score that shot as a foul.

2 weeks later
#16 3 months ago

Forgot to introduce myself as a new owner, couple weeks ago we picked one up, fun family game!

19C5CACF-4452-4824-B424-36B86FFC860F (resized).jpeg9FBB0F2B-2FD4-4672-B4FB-DFE3EFE8F490 (resized).jpegC0C4FBD0-8E19-4B69-973A-98D78B2A6832 (resized).jpeg
#17 3 months ago

Sure is a fun family game! I love that anyone can easily understand how to play without having to explain anything.

It also serves as a gateway pin. My younger brother who never really played my games much latched onto this on and a day or two into the holidays started migrating over to over games.

1 month later
#18 64 days ago

Recently joined the club! My plastic ball trough under the playfield has cracks in it so it doesn't attach properly to the underside of the playfield. Anyone know of a source for this or have a part number? Unfortunately I've not been able to locate a manual either.

Thanks,
Chris

pasted_image (resized).png
#19 64 days ago

Manuals are available. I got one through marcospecialties I think.
I don't think you'll find that plastic trough anywhere though...not many Strikes n Spares were produced, so spare parts are hard to come by. Luckily since it's under the playfield it's hidden and repairs to it don't have to look perfect, just functional.

#20 64 days ago

I checked the manual and I could not find a part number.,,Steve Young would be your best bet, and I agree since it is hidden, just glue it up..

#21 64 days ago

Yeah, someone had tried to glue it before and it doesn't hold well. I'll just need to get more creative I guess. Not worried about the cosmetics but the issue is it gets out of alignment and balls can get stuck and not feed into the return kicker correctly. Thanks for the tip on the manual.

#22 61 days ago

Maybe fashon up some metal tabs and rivet them onto what is left of the plastic?

#23 61 days ago
Quoted from PinBackpacker:

Yeah, someone had tried to glue it before and it doesn't hold well. I'll just need to get more creative I guess. Not worried about the cosmetics but the issue is it gets out of alignment and balls can get stuck and not feed into the return kicker correctly. Thanks for the tip on the manual.

$22 bucks at PB Resource. Easy fix! Part #31075

http://www.pbresource.com/plastic/gtb-31075.jpg

Find it on this page
http://www.pbresource.com/pfplayf.htm

#24 60 days ago

Thanks to MT45 I was able to order the part from PB Resource today.

#25 60 days ago

Thanks for posting that. Tons of rare parts there!

On another note, we have two clubs for this game..... https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/strikes-n-spares-gottlieb-95-club
Maybe a moderator can combine them?

#26 57 days ago

My wife is loving SNS for its simple game play, and group play. I was very surprised by this.

Loving my bowling balls from marco too. (back alley matt made them or MArco)

#27 57 days ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

My wife is loving SNS for its simple game play, and group play. I was very surprised by this.
Loving my bowling balls from marco too. (back alley matt made them or MArco)

Are these the OOS ones? Might order a set myself if I can find them ...

#28 56 days ago
Quoted from MT45:

Are these the OOS ones? Might order a set myself if I can find them ...

Ya...bummer theyre out of stock. I think Matt @backalleymatt can make you some on order if you order through his site.

#29 56 days ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Ya...bummer theyre out of stock. I think Matt @backalleymatt can make you some on order if you order through his site.

Thx

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
1,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bartlett, IL
$ 249.00
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Great American Pinball
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
$ 5,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 25.99
Playfield - Other
Lee's Parts
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy
$ 40.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Metalhead Pinball
£ 49.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys
$ 224.99
$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 1,000.00
$ 1,000.00
Playfields
Pinball Playfields
$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
$ 10.95
Apparel - Unisex
Pinball Wheezer
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 40.00
Playfield - Decals
Great American Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside