Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by pinzrfun
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

Hi guys, have a chance to pick up a non working 77 Bally Strikes and Spares. Some GI lights come on, no displays, blown fuse on rectifier board, hasn't been played in quite a while by the looks of it. Some wear on inserts but not horrendous. Cabinet and glass look pretty decent.

I was thinking 500 tops?

#2 7 years ago

I recently bought a working one for $650 - Rough cosmetically, but it played all the way. I'd give no more than $200 for one as you described (probably offer less). I have owned 5 of them over the years. The one I bought for $650 is getting a repaint and new playfield, backglass and plastics. I expect it to look incredible but I'll easily have more money in it than it's worth. Not a problem as long as I don't want to sell it.

#3 7 years ago

The machine you described in working condition is worth about $650. Since the rectifier board is not working, there are 2 options when determining value. If you have the means to show up with a working rectifier board (and transformer assembly), it would definitely help you. Without a working rectifier board, it is kind of like buying a used car with a dead battery. Since you can't start the car, you don't know if the engine or transmission work. If you have a working rectifier board, you should be able to see if the MPU is going to boot. If all you needed is a new rectifier board, I would deduct $100 from the estimated value. However, if you don't have a working rectifier board to test in the machine, you run the risk of the MPU, SDB, and displays not working. In this case, the machine is worth about $200.

#4 7 years ago

Non-working in excellent cosmetic condition no more than $200. Serious backglass, playfield, or cabinet wear and non-working $50.

#5 7 years ago

I sold recently a routed, but Minty one with Bright Crisp Boards for $850.

#6 7 years ago

Greatest backglass ever!

#7 7 years ago

I bought one in similar condition with a bad rectifier board and locked on knocker transistor for $250. I bought the repro rectifier board and replaced the transistor and shopped it out and it's great. Love those chimes and everyone wants to give it a shot when they see it.

#8 7 years ago

Wow, I was off, glad I asked, thanks guys!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Warren, OH
$ 22.50
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems

$ 11.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/strikes-and-spares-value and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.