Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by simonsrat
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

My Strikes and Spares has a problem where the power to the solenoids drops and solenoids will not operate at full strength.

When the game first starts all solenoids work fine, then after a couple of games play field solenoids become weak. It does not affect the flippers. The problem can then be intermittent.

First I repinned the connector, then I replaced the pins on the board. This did not fix the problem.

I then replaced the rectifier board with a new board and the problem still exists.

I am at a lost and need help.

Thanks in advance,
S

#2 4 years ago

Check the solenoid fuse and holder under playfield.

#3 4 years ago

Thanks Tuukka.

I checked the fuse holder and got some weird continuity reading with my meter. Placed and order for a new holder ... lets hope it turns up in these trying times.

Decided to keep diagnosing the problem and soldered the wires direct to the fuse. continuity improved, but I still have the problem.

anyone got some more advice or ideas?

cheers,
S

#4 4 years ago

Solenoid driver bd.?

#5 4 years ago

when working well check coil lug check voltage at coil lug and then when it acts up check voltage at a coil lug and see if the voltage is reduced.

check both +5v test points on driver board when acting up.

#6 4 years ago

Did you solder the wires to the old fuse or put a new one in? The old fuse might have a bad connection between fusible link and end cap.

Also do the recommended modifications to the driver board: http://pinballhelp.com/recommended-mods-to-bally-35-solenoid-driver-boards/

#7 4 years ago

I soldered onto a brand new fuse.

I will read about the mods and check the +5v and report back.

thanks for your help

1 week later
#8 4 years ago

Got my fuse holder and capacitors to do the repair.

I started on the solenoid driver board and started by reflowing the pins. This fixed the problem. Pretty sure I had a cold soldier joint.

will most likely do the necessary modifications to the board one day ...

thanks for your help
S

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 22.50
$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems

Machine - For Sale
Warren, OH
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/strikes-and-spares-solenoid-power and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.