Strikes and Spares keeps blowing playfield fuse

By kgodwin333

4 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

Hi

During the solenoid test it will usually make it through the whole sequence once or twice before blowing the fuse, firing each coil at least once.
I'm using a 1 amp slo blo fuse, the sticker was missing, and I couldn't see on IPDB, so I'm guessing on the fuse. Most others used the 1 amp, is this machine different?
All the coils test at 11 to 12 ohms.
I put in a regular 2 amp fuse and it doesn't blow after cycling through the test multiple times.

Any help is appreciated. thanks.

#2 4 years ago

It's a 1A SB fuse. If it's blowing don't put in a larger or something worse will blow. If you know which coil blows it replace the coil and diode. Make sure the yellow wire is soldered to the band of the diode.

#3 4 years ago

ty for replying

I had got these ceramic 1 amp slo-blo fuses from the electronics guy and those kept blowing, today I got regular 1 amp ADL and it's working fine. stupid to put a bigger fuse in but I got away with it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Warren, OH
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 69.00

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/strikes-and-spares-keeps-blowing-playfield-fuse and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.