Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Nokoro
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

A few years ago I revived a Bally Strikes and Spares, and noticed the switch caps all clipped. I soldered one back together and created a runaway scoring situation. So I disconnected it. Today I'm working on another one that works fine then eventually goes into this runaway (sounds like 500 over and over). This one had all of the caps on the switches. When the game runs normally and I press for example a target to register 500 points and keep it depressed, it doesn't continually run, so it isn't a closed switch, and it happens for example after a half hour or so of play. Any thoughts on this?

#2 4 years ago
Quoted from Seamlesswall:

A few years ago I revived a Bally Strikes and Spares, and noticed the switch caps all clipped. I soldered one back together and created a runaway scoring situation. So I disconnected it. Today I'm working on another one that works fine then eventually goes into this runaway (sounds like 500 over and over). This one had all of the caps on the switches. When the game runs normally and I press for example a target to register 500 points and keep it depressed, it doesn't continually run, so it isn't a closed switch, and it happens for example after a half hour or so of play. Any thoughts on this?

The cap is likely bad. Replace it with a new one. I’ve had bad caps cause similar issues.

#3 4 years ago

I should note that some people clip out the caps for this reason. However, you need the caps. Without them, quick hits on the switches may not register.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
$ 10.00
$ 22.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/strikes-amp-spares-runaway-scoring and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.