Topic poll

“Have you played a stern striker xtreme ?”

• Yes 27 votes
    49%
  • No 28 votes
    51%

(55 votes)

#1 10 years ago

I want to hear what you guys think about striker xtreme pinball I just got one and I was amazed ...this pinball is a way better soccer pinball than wcs 94 , I had two wcs 94 and both times I got tired of them , but I have to say that striker xtreme is waaaaay better , you start by chossing which country you want to play as and eliminate other countries by groups ....and the more teams you win the harder the defense (drop targets ) get ...and is really cool how the goalie stops the ball ....but I would really like to hear what you guys think .

#2 10 years ago

I said yes but technically only played an NFL Brows game. Same game technically.
It's not a horrible game at all, and agree it's probably better than ANY JPOP game.
WCS94 is pretty to look at, kind of a bitch to shop and shallow rulewise as a lake in Nevada in summer.

#3 10 years ago

I have never played Striker Xtreme before, that is a pretty bold statment about it being better. Will have to give it a shot IF I ever have a chance to play one

#4 10 years ago

I have played both a significant number of times.

I think Striker Xtreme gets a bit of a bum rap at times, underrated game, but IMO it is nowhere near the pin that WCS is.

#5 10 years ago

wcs.

#6 10 years ago

The machine gun noises in stryker were too much for.me. i was out

#7 10 years ago

I've played both. WCS is better imo.

#8 10 years ago

Not even a valid question....WCS...

#9 10 years ago

WCS!

#10 10 years ago

Wow. I can't believe Striker X got even a single vote. The difference between RGP and Pinside shows up in this thread. WCS is the only JPOP game where the gameplay outpaces its beauty. His other 3 (not counting SWEp1) were all gorgeous but had short lifespans in most collections (until Cam S. saved CV with the new rules).

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from Monarca1091:

I want to hear what you guys think about striker xtreme pinball I just got one and I was amazed ...this pinball is a way better soccer pinball than wcs 94 , I had two wcs 94 and both times I got tired of them , but I have to say that striker xtreme is waaaaay better , you start by chossing which country you want to play as and eliminate other countries by groups ....and the more teams you win the harder the defense (drop targets ) get ...and is really cool how the goalie stops the ball ....but I would really like to hear what you guys think .

I love pinball and have played both games, but WCS is so much better IMHO it isn't even a question. I actually thought the thread title was a joke before reading your post. To me, WCS is one of the better pinball machines of the 90's. It is a game that is challenging for better players and fun for casual players with just scoring goals.

#12 10 years ago

Why is the title of the thread and the question of the poll different? I'm not sure the poll results are very reliable...

Never played Striker, but love my WCS.

#13 10 years ago

If you want to know what lot of pinsiders think, you can check the ratings on pinside.

It looks like WCS is about 44 on the list and Striker is 273. That's a pretty large disparity.

You actually rated WCS higher than it's average several months ago and recently adjusted your rating on Striker to over "9". Maybe Striker seems like a better game to you and that's all that really matters.

I never played striker either but I own WCS94 and wouldn't look back. It's not leaving.

#14 10 years ago

Striker Extreme was one of the first machines I ever played when I got into this hobby. It's a good, fun game, though my personal favourite of the two would still have to be WCS.

#18 10 years ago

Wcs is an awesome game with lots of cool stuff happening save magnets ,better art ,better built just no comparison Wcs Way better

#19 10 years ago
Quoted from Hawkeyepin:

If you want to know what lot of pinsiders think, you can check the ratings on pinside.
It looks like WCS is about 44 on the list and Striker is 273. That's a pretty large disparity.
You actually rated WCS higher than it's average several months ago and recently adjusted your rating on Striker to over "9". Maybe Striker seems like a better game to you and that's all that really matters.
I never played striker either but I own WCS94 and wouldn't look back. It's not leaving.

I thought the same that there wasn't a better soccer pinball than wcs 94 but I hadn't played the striker xtreme, and if wcs94 is rated 44 and striker xtreme 273 is because the numbers of units made speak for themselfs wcp94 #8743 units made , striker xtreme is a low production pinball it's a early modern stern title I heard there's only 800 made .
If I haven't played a sx I would defiantly pick wcs94 but I highly suggest to give this pinball a try you will be amazed with the result .....

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from Monarca1091:

I thought the same that there wasn't a better soccer pinball than wcs 94 but I hadn't played the striker xtreme, and if wcs94 is rated 44 and striker xtreme 273 is because the numbers of units made speak for themselfs wcp94 #8743 units made , striker xtreme is a low production pinball it's a early modern stern title I heard there's only 800 made .
If I haven't played a sx I would defiantly pick wcs94 but I highly suggest to give this pinball a try you will be amazed with the result .....

Quoted from Snowyetti:

Wcs is an awesome game with lots of cool stuff happening save magnets ,better art ,better built just no comparison Wcs Way better

Wcs94 is a great pinball I had 2 machines in the past but in my opinion striker xtreme has more thing going on and it doesn't get boring scoring goal like in wcs94 ....

#21 10 years ago

WCS is waaaaay better than Striker Extreme. It's not close.

#22 10 years ago

If you see the poll half of the pinsiders haven't try striker xtreme pinball ......

#23 10 years ago

I owned a SX. Sold it pretty quickly. I'd choose a WCS easily. And why is the title and the poll a different question?

#24 10 years ago

Hey now...there is another soccer game out there...and it's amazing...how could anyone forget it.

World Challenge Soccer, Gottlieb, 1994!!! The backglass alone is amazing! I mean come on guys... (I hope you all got the sarcasm because I was laying it on pretty thick)

Had ALL THREE of these games. For me, it's WCS all day long, but Striker was an alright game. World Challenge Soccer...not so much.

Jon

#26 10 years ago

If your talking Soccer there is one more - Capcom Flipper Football ! Played it once and like all Capcom's " a little different " .

#27 10 years ago

I still haven't fallen in love with WCS94... But I still like it a lot better than SX.

#28 10 years ago

I played both, WCS is my pick by far IMO.

#29 10 years ago
Quoted from Monarca1091:

Ratings set to private, but pretty sure you had Nascar in your top 3. Nothing wrong with that, just different opinion than most. I have not played Nascar or Striker Extreme, but would like to give both try.

#30 10 years ago

WCS is 100 times better than striker..

#31 10 years ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

Ratings set to private, but pretty sure you had Nascar in your top 3. Nothing wrong with that, just different opinion than most. I have not played Nascar or Striker Extreme, but would like to give both try.

Exactly , I still love my NASCAR even do a lot of people hate it ...

#32 10 years ago
Quoted from Spraynard:

Why is the title of the thread and the question of the poll different? I'm not sure the poll results are very reliable...
Never played Striker, but love my WCS.

The question in this poll is different because a lot of people bash on sx without even playing it ....and I think this poll I tells the truth about how manny people have tried sx ....

#33 10 years ago
Quoted from Monarca1091:

The question in this poll is different because a lot of people bash on sx without even playing it ....and I think this poll I tells the truth about how manny people have tried sx ....

Pinball is like pizza or sex. Even when it's bad, it's still pretty good.

That said, most people that HAVE played Striker Xtreme say its pretty bad.

#34 10 years ago

I owned a Striker Xtreme for a while. It's OK fun but wears thin pretty quick. Much prefer WCS.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

5,495 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 26.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
$ 12.95
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 63.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

8,495 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 8.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

3,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/striker-xtreme-or-world-cup-soccer-94 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.