Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 41 posts
  • 33 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by PAPPYBALL
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Are you strictly loyal to collecting pins or do you collect arcade games too?”

• Strictly Pins 61 votes
      38%
    • Arcades too 100 votes
      62%

(161 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20190727_222213 (resized).jpg
    C67D2BE9-F4AE-42B8-8379-A0AE33BC3D35 (resized).jpeg
    3F65A4EC-DA6E-4B4D-9546-A14EEE3FFF5B (resized).jpeg
    #1 4 years ago

What percentage of Pinside strictly collects pins versus those that also collect arcade games?

#2 4 years ago

I started with arcade then shifted to pinball. I love how each pin is unique and enjoy the mechanical nature of pinball that can’t be duplicated in virtual form. I do have a few arcade games, I really like Nintendo games, my favorite is my playchoice 10

#3 4 years ago

Started with arcades and will always have dedicated machines to accompany my pins.

#4 4 years ago

Variety variety variety!!!

I am running a family fun center, got to have something for everyone and my set up is diversified enough that if you come over and don’t have a good time, you have a serious problem.

#5 4 years ago

Arcade machines? Oh those flashy boxes that you put in empty spaces until you get a pin to go there?

#6 4 years ago

I own 3 simply out of chance and deals. Bought a police trainer converted to Maximum Force for $100, traded + Cash for a Crime City, and I picked up a Space Invaders that was about to head to the dump

#7 4 years ago

I’d have some arcades for sure if the price is right on them (free) . I do have a slot machine because the price was right (free) . Good deals I’ll take , otherwise it’s just pins for me .

#8 4 years ago

I don't have the room for vids but not against them. When I have space I'd add a 2 person mame.

#9 4 years ago

8-4 arcades are winning.....for now.

#10 4 years ago

Everyone should have a Donkey Kong, Everyone.

#11 4 years ago

Konkey dong?

#12 4 years ago

I have 4 pins
    AFMR
    RFM
    STNG
    Munsters

I have twice as many arcade machines:
    APB (with bench)
    Area 51/Maximum Force
    Area 51: Site 4 with multi-Jamma &
    - Lethal Enforcers
    Bad Dudes
    NBA Jam TE (with MK characters rom) and multi-Jamma &
    - Double Dragon
    - Double Dragon 2
    - Golden Axe
    - Sega Mega Play with
    — Sonic 2
    — Golden Axe 2
    — Tennis
    Punch Out
    Simpson’s with multi Jamma &
    - TMNT
    - turtles in time
    - Moonwalker
    - Battletoads
    Smash TV with Pleasure Dome Rom and multi-Jamma &
    - Total Carnage
    Barrel of Kong (custom made cocktail table with a Jamma 60-in-1) the only non-authentic and LCD driven game in the bunch. Also houses my Top Gunner Jamma from time to time. Should really get one more multi jamma.

Wife wishes we had more pins.

#13 4 years ago

For me its all about sharing my youth with my kids. I have a restored Double Dragon and Heavy Barrel along with my pins. Granted the pins get the most love however if it weren’t for my arcades I would have never got into pins.

3F65A4EC-DA6E-4B4D-9546-A14EEE3FFF5B (resized).jpeg3F65A4EC-DA6E-4B4D-9546-A14EEE3FFF5B (resized).jpegC67D2BE9-F4AE-42B8-8379-A0AE33BC3D35 (resized).jpegC67D2BE9-F4AE-42B8-8379-A0AE33BC3D35 (resized).jpeg
    #14 4 years ago
    Quoted from shovelhed:

For me its all about sharing my youth with my kids. I have a restored Double Dragon and Heavy Barrel along with my pins. Granted the pins get the most love however if it weren’t for my arcades I would have never got into pins.[quoted image][quoted image]

Nice Data East cab! I have a similar Bad Dudes cab.

#15 4 years ago

Pins = 27
    Arcades = 74
    EM games = 18
    Space = 0

#16 4 years ago

Currently 6 pins and 3 arcades. I find it easier to have fewer arcades with the advent of raspberry pi.
    I could have 1 arcade and be happy...there will never be enough pinballs!!

#17 4 years ago

Went from all vids down to 1 vid (Ms. Pac) and 9 pins. Don't really miss the vids at all, especially monitor work, maybe with the exception of BurgerTime...I'd consider owning a Missile Command or MK2 at some point but I'm low on space and pins have priority these days...

#18 4 years ago

20 pins, 3 arcade.

Defender, Moon Cresta, Centipede cocktail with mame setup in it (was gutted when I purchased)

#19 4 years ago

I have one arcade game to complement the pins: ms Pac-Man/Galaga cocktail table https://uncrate.com/ms-pac-man-cocktail-table/ Works perfect for me because people that aren’t into pins have something to play, the games are some of the most universally enjoyed, and it doubles as a table for snacks or drinks.

#20 4 years ago

No arcades. But I do have a Ringer an EM shooting game and a EM big ball bowler. If I did get an arcade it would be Space Duel.

#21 4 years ago

Just a Golden Tee pedestal. Probably the most replay-able arcade you can buy. Also have a bank of slot machines which get lots of play when I entertain non-pinheads. Someday I may need the space for more pins, but the variety is nice.

#22 4 years ago

95% pin, got a baby pacman which is half way and a modern arcade emulator with 100's of games though

#23 4 years ago
    Quoted from schudel5:

No arcades. But I do have a Ringer an EM shooting game and a EM big ball bowler. If I did get an arcade it would be Space Duel.

I have a buddy close by with a Ringer. You can have a blast with some beers and dollar games on that thing.

#24 4 years ago

Always wanted a couple dedicated cabs - but then looking at the space they take up ,and how often they were played - moved to MAME. Then I scaled down to 2 Arcade 1-up MAME cabs. Thinking about getting rid of 1 - they just don't get played. We have 7 pins.

#25 4 years ago

I have 3 pins and a Arcade 1up with and 18000 game Picade in it. I have little kids (underand it's nice for them to have something to play that I can change out every day/week or so. Simpsons this week, TNMT next week, 1942 the week after... there is always something different for them to play there. I am looking at expanding the arcade with a dedicated older golden tee when something cheap pops up near me. The only other arcadish things I may look at would be a dedicated racer (San Francsisco Rush) or a nice hyperspin multicade to be able to play NFL Blitz and Gauntlet legends.

#26 4 years ago

6 pins, 2 arcades. Perfect balance for my basement.

#27 4 years ago

7 pins, 5 arcades and a mame pedestal. The dedicated arcade games are the ones that don't play well in mame. I do enjoy the variety, but arcades don't get played nearly as much.

Paperboy
    Spy Hunter
    Star Wars (1983)
    Cyber Sled

#28 4 years ago

I'm pretty much split but none of my arcades are vids all are em's

#29 4 years ago

Strictly pins never got into arcades.

#30 4 years ago

A single multicade is all that I need - saves room for more pins.

#31 4 years ago

I try and have something for everyone....pins, multi-cade, air hockey, golf, darts, pool table, ping pong, shuffleboard, skee-ball, ICB, bubble hockey....

Of course friends bring their kids over and the most popular thing is.... the couch...... so they can sit their lazy asses on it and play on their f#@ing phones.
    No shit, friends kids were over a while ago...I have all these games in the basement and they are on their phones....Watching Someone ELSE they don't even know play MINECRAFT!?!?!?! Seriously, wtf???

#32 4 years ago

A couple of vids and mostly all pins. I enjoy the change up on occasion. Although I have to admit the vids get very little play these days.

#33 4 years ago

After the first 100 responses, Pinside is composed of 40% of people that just collect pins. The other 60% also collect arcade/video games.

#34 4 years ago
    Quoted from SkaterVet:

After the first 100 responses, Pinside is composed of 40% of people that just collect pins. The other 60% also collect arcade/video games.

What about air hockey, pool tables, ping pong, and foosball?

#35 4 years ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

What about air hockey, pool tables, ping pong, and foosball?

I have all of those plus darts and shuffleboard. All of it takes up all of my basement. However, there wasn't enough room for ping pong, so I bought an outdoor pin pong table for that. During parties, I put that outside where the smokers hang out and sometimes it gets played.

4 weeks later
    #36 4 years ago

Still working on my games room but when it's all done it will have 3 1980's pinball machines and a modern reproduction Pac-man arcade loaded with Pandoras Box 6 (1300 old games I think). I might get more pinballs if I can squeeze them in but I think one arcade cabinet will be enough.

#37 4 years ago

I wonder how many people who voted that they collect arcade games are truly collecting them or just happen to have a MAME cabinet or a Golden Tee.

#38 4 years ago
    Quoted from floyd1977:

I wonder how many people who voted that they collect arcade games are truly collecting them or just happen to have a MAME cabinet or a Golden Tee.

Ya those don’t count. Or I own 70 pins, on my iPad. Must be original dedicated cabs, original pcb, original controls with a crt. But I’m a purist. I’ll allow a switching power supply, but that’s it.

2 weeks later
    #39 4 years ago
    Quoted from gliebig:

I try and have something for everyone....pins, multi-cade, air hockey, golf, darts, pool table, ping pong, shuffleboard, skee-ball, ICB, bubble hockey....
    Of course friends bring their kids over and the most popular thing is.... the couch...... so they can sit their lazy asses on it and play on their f#@ing phones.
    No shit, friends kids were over a while ago...I have all these games in the basement and they are on their phones....Watching Someone ELSE they don't even know play MINECRAFT!?!?!?! Seriously, wtf???

WTF indeed! Your friend's kids are lame.

#40 4 years ago

I have a Pandoras box 3 stand up thing that i bought for the grandkids before i had pins. It never gets turned on except when kids are here.
    So yes, i have an arcade game but i don't count myself in the arcades and pins camp if you get my drift. I'd happily swap it for something pin related and never have another one.

3 months later
    #41 4 years ago

Both for me. Pins arcade games, and all sorts of other game room/arcade stuff.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/strictly-pins-or-arcades-too-poll?hl=dashv and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.