Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 32 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by jchauvet
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider brianbannon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 6 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

Tell us how you really feel?
Hoops and Vegas are pure crap. Deadly Weapon is actually decent player, but the sounds and call outs are awful. Car Hop is fun too. Have never played Title Fight or Silver Slugger.

Back in 2004 it thought it would be fun to collect all the street level games as they were cheap, parts were plentiful and I had the space at the time to pull them all together. Of course, I hadn't had the chance to play all of them at that point, either. Ended up buying all of them except Deadly Weapon and Hoops. Played those at PAPA and decided I really didn't have to have all of the street level pins, ha!

Did playfield swaps on Title Fight, Car Hop, Vegas, and Silver Slugger. Easiest swaps ever, look underneath the playfield and you will find a map of where everything should go.

Most of the street level pins just have boring playfield layouts, cheesy callouts, and kitschy art. Not great fun to play. Hoops has to be worst of the series. Kids like Title Fight because of the animated backglass with the two fighters, Car Hop has a great theme with some cool art and special nostalgia scoring where the points and sounds are like back in the 1950s, but it can be downright boring to play. Silver Slugger has some promise but the callouts will drive you nuts--"there's a drive", art is just plain wierd on that one. Vegas could have been a great pin as the playfield multipliers and cashier shot can be very rewarding, but only with the red flipper coils. Unfortunately, the easy loop shot kills Vegas for tournaments as you can just loop that thing all day long. I never really got into Deadly Weapon after playing it at PAPA.

One other consideration, I owned most of these for 5-10 years and after going through them once, I didn't have to ever fix anything else on them ever again. Very reliable, dependable games.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Asheville, NC
Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider brianbannon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/street-level-pins-smaller-true?tu=brianbannon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.