7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by ImNotNorm
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider waffen_spain.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

Hi guys, need your help here, hope you can see what I can't

Both ramps are not working cos the Fuse 25 keeps blowing.

If I put a new fuse, everything works fine for a time, can be 2 days, can be a weeks, but finally fuse dies.

I little history about machine problems:

* F25 was overfused, heavily overfused.

* Burnt Auxboard (replaced transistors, fixed damaged tracks)

* Burnt left ramp coil (replaced the coil with an original old stock)

* Q8 Transistor burnt (left ramp), replaced and verified to work.

* Left ramp coil EOS switch checked and adjusted, its broken 500V ceramic cap replaced (broken leg)

As you see most of the parts related to the left ramp are new (coil, eos capacitor and q8 transistor), during game the coil gets hot cos as you know it keeps the ramp up, so its energized for a long time, the other ramp coil gets hot too, but no problems.

The old owner put a very big fuse, so the problem is not new (and it also killed the Q8 and the coil for sure).

The melted coil and blown Q8 tells me that the coil is getting too much volts, but the EOS is clean and looks correct, the 500V ceramic capacitor at the EOS has one leg broken so I put a new one, not sure if that cap can be the problem or if its there only to avoid sparks.

What do you think? we really love this game, we play like 20 games everyday trying to beat other friends records

#2 7 years ago

Guys? any ideas? should I replace the EOS switch or check the driver board again? don't know what should be my next step

#4 7 years ago
Quoted from Atari_Daze:

Are you certain the coil you replaced was wired correctly before? Did you compare it's wiring to any schematic you may have? I have read multiple treads on here about coils heating up and/or blowing fuses etc where one installed a new coil and simply matched the existing wiring on the bad coil only to have the problem persist. I'm guilty of this too, I now double check against schematics the connections as they SHOULD be!

HS! I never thought about that!

I did just what you said, replaced the burnt coil and matched the existing wiring

I will check it tomorrow, thanks Daze

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
2,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Marietta, GA
$ 0.01
Playfield - Other
Twisted Tokens
Other
$ 37.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
Decorations

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider waffen_spain.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/street-fighter-keeps-blowing-f25?tu=waffen_spain and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.