Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 14 years ago by Brokedad
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 14 years ago

hey, i've got a street fighter ii machine that i've been trying to debug. i was able to find 7 bad switches by running the diagnostics. reconnecting a few of them cleared up their issues. so i am left with 3 that i will need to replace.

SW14 - top right hole - # 18805
SW93 - center target - # 29104U (this is a smart switch)
SWB6 - top right stargate rollover - # 20625

regarding the smart switch,is ther any way to clean/refurb them? if not, i read that they can be replaced with a regular switch. any idea what regular switch would swap out with the 29104U?

my second Q: often times during a game, it will randomly say "shoot again" and spit out another ball causing balls to get stuck on the playfield. what would cause this? could it be the outhole switch (sw21) misfiring/sticking?

#2 14 years ago

I have a Street Fighter II machine in the garage that is 100% working. I'll see what I can find out.

You can find alot of the switches here (including the 29104U)

http://www.pbresource.com/pfswitch.htm

#3 14 years ago

Yea that PB resource is most surely the goto place for gottlieb parts.

#4 14 years ago

If the ball drains before 45 seconds (or what's set) I get a DMD message with a shoot again message. It's quite possible the trough switch is set too close and intermittently connecting making it think the ball drained. This is a four ball system so that would be the trouble you are experiencing. The ball is actually still in play but yet it thinks it drained and launches another one.

I wouldn't try to substitute switches as long as the originals can still be purchased. You're just asking for hassles you don't need. Spend the extra couple dollars to get the original replacement part.

Do you have the original manual for the game ? I'm assuming you do since you know switch numbers etc. If not I can scan my manual and email it to you.

It's a really fun game and I hope to get it inside soon. I paid Wolfman a whole $400 for it and all it needed was some lamps.

"How many Balls do I have to break !" hehehe (attract message from game)

#5 14 years ago

Does StreetFighter uses opto's for the ball through? If thats the case check for cold solderjoints.

#6 14 years ago

I do have a scan of the manual. Thanks for offering! I agree, it is a fun game. Not sure why it doesn't rank a little higher on IPDB.

yes, the ball through is optical.

#7 14 years ago

Sorry but I've never had the need to open it up much and look. It's my only DMD. I guess I was lucky to get one in such great shape for so little money. All of my other machines are the 70's - 80's tech. Call me old school .. most of my machines are like me .. aged and lucky to be putting the balls in play

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

2,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Marietta, GA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/street-fighter-ii-shoot-again-issue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.