• 13 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by win33
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

Hi guys
I've had this machine a couple of years now and finally got round to fixing a few things, new flipper coil, reflowed some optics and machine is playing well. Although I do have a couple of minor problems.

1. In this game when you hit certain targets and defeat opponents you are given a prize reward each time, these are selected by the flippers, L for 10 million points or R for Car Crush etc, you have 5 seconds to choose and after that time if you select nothing it gives you the default reward, which is always the L option.
Sometimes I am able to select the reward no problem and at other times I can press the flippers and it won't select anything, which leads to me getting the default reward.
This appears to be quite random as in some games it only happens on one or two occasions, or it can happen every time.
I have reset the table to factory settings but that doesn't seem to make any difference.

2. When a ball gets drained the next ball will not be released onto the plunger until I press one of the flippers. This is only during normal gameplay after a ball has drained, multiballs are always loaded as they should.

Really appreciate any help.
Thanks
Adam

#2 9 years ago

Have you tried cleaning the cabinet flipper switches?

viperrwk

#3 9 years ago

Thanks for your reply viperrwk
No, I never considered it as the flippers always work, but will do so and report back.
Adam

#4 9 years ago

Been so busy over the last couple of days and only just got round to cleaning those flipper switches. First impressions are that it seems to have solved the problem, but I haven't played enough games to confirm it yet. So thanks again to viperrwk.
Afterwards I had a look to see if I could address my 2nd problem, so I whipped off the apron and took a little video of what happens.

#5 9 years ago

Try banging on the playfield after the ball drains and see if then loads the next ball. Looks like the outhole switch is not registering properly. You can also check this in switch test with the ball. Put the machine in switch test, let the ball roll into the outhole and see if it registers. If not, you'll need to clean/adjust the outhole switch.

viperrwk

#6 9 years ago

viperrwk you are faster than a speeding bullet !
I'm off to work shortly but will check that out later.
Thanks

#7 8 years ago

Well I've give the playfield a really good bang and it doesn't help
Went into the test menu and self test 5 but it just keeps running through inoperative switches and then it goes through switch matrix tests, but it doesn't allow me to select anything.
If I take the ball out of the outhole then the ball trough will not release another until I replace the ball in the outhole, would this suggest that its woring ok? Also notice that with the ball in the outhole and the other 3 in the trough if i roll back the 3rd ball back and over the ball release switch that it releases a ball (this is the ball that sits on the switch keeping it closed). Hope that makes sense, I can always upload a vid to clarify.

Adam

#8 8 years ago

ok I figured out the test for the switches duhh.... when I let the ball roll into the outhole it shows up in the test same for the trough switch
Adam

#9 8 years ago

Played quite a few games and having the 1st problem again on a few occasions, but i'm going to give the flipper switches another good clean, as it seems to be happening less often than before.

Both outhole and trough switches have been cleaned with electrical contact cleaner. Switches work every time in test mode as they did before I cleaned them.

On a couple of occasions (video below) on the 2nd or 3rd ball of the game whenever it drained it would automatically load the next ball. It may have always done this and I never noticed as I've sort got used to hitting the flipper as soon as I loose a ball.
I've also noticed that when the 3rd ball drains and it should say game over, it doesn't do so unless I hit a flipper and it still thinks the balls in play.
I'm confused

1 week later
#10 8 years ago

bump

#11 8 years ago

You have some ghosting there in the lamp matrix. You likely either have a bad lamp, socket or diode somewhere that is messing up the switch recognition.

Run the single lamp test. As you step through each one make sure NO OTHER LAMP LIGHTS even slightly as you do. If one does, you have a lamp problem that needs to be corrected which would be causing you a problem with the swtches.

After you run the lamp test run the switch test and make sure each switch works correctly. Any that are problematic you'll need to correct.

viperrwk

2 years later
#12 6 years ago

Did you ever find the problem out with the no reward? I'm having a similar problem.

2 months later
#13 6 years ago
Quoted from Djcubinlinx:

Did you ever find the problem out with the no reward? I'm having a similar problem.

Sorry I really haven't had much interest in my machine over the last couple of years, as I have been far too busy with one thing or another, so never got it sorted. Had some friends over for vacation recently and they are pinball owners and are really into it, which has renewed my interest. I plan to have a look at what viperrwk suggested with the lamps.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
2,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Marietta, GA
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
€ 10.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts
Shooter rods
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/street-fighter-ii-problems and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.