2016-12-11 16.50.44 (resized).jpg
2016-12-11 16.50.21 (resized).jpg
2016-12-11 16.50.14 (resized).jpg
hondasmash-777.jpg
lexusls400.jpg
DSC_0017.JPG
DSC_0013.JPG
#1 14 years ago

always thought the car in the car crunch sub playfield was a little cheezy, so i replaced it today with something much better.

DSC_0005.JPGDSC_0005.JPG

#2 14 years ago

DSC_0008.JPGDSC_0008.JPG

#3 14 years ago

...side by side.

DSC_0013.JPGDSC_0013.JPG

#4 14 years ago

installed.

the only issue is that this car cant travel as far back as the original lexan car, so i had to relocate the optical switch (unfortunately, it only takes a couple hits to win the mode, tho). in any case, i prefer looking at the superbee.

DSC_0017.JPGDSC_0017.JPG

#5 14 years ago

Nice mod. You do know the original car is valuable though as many of them were destroyed because of the design? Mine still has the original too. If you ever want to sell it let me know.

#6 14 years ago

I agree the super bee rules

#7 14 years ago

I agree the super bee rules

#7 14 years ago

thanks, guys.

brokedad, thanks for the offer. i'll probably hold on to it, though. i'm geeky about having all the original parts.

#8 14 years ago

Did you find that metal part you needed ? If not a temp solution might be to just cut and tuck some foam padding in there so the ball doesn't get trapped.

#9 14 years ago

I didn't get the part yet. I have a few switches and other parts that i need to order. So I am getting a list together first. That's a good idea, though. I may give it a shot.

#10 14 years ago

Looks nice. Maybe a shorter car, like a Mustang or Camaro would go back farther?

#11 14 years ago

I have a boss mustang that i thought about using, but my son has claimed it. I may just move the whole assembly back a little bit. So far it works pretty well.

4 years later
#13 10 years ago

Bringing back an oldie! Is there a remake of the car out there anywhere?

#14 10 years ago

Thanks for the bump. I don't need an original, but if someone has found another alternative, I would love some suggestions.

#15 10 years ago

Yep. Same here. I'm looking for something to put in there. Any ideas or pics of mods are greatly appreciated.

#16 10 years ago

That's a cool mod! I've been thinking about doing something similar, but finding a grey Lexus LS400 model. That seems to be the model/make of car they beat up in the game.

hondasmash-777.jpghondasmash-777.jpg

lexusls400.jpglexusls400.jpg

2 years later
#17 7 years ago

I realize I am bumping an old thread, but I thought my content added something, was relevant to this post, and would be more organized than creating a new one.

I recently obtained an SF2, overall in great shape minus. One issue was that the car was cracked and super glued back together. I bought a new die-cast car that matched the back glass a little closer and looked much better. I used tin snips to remove part of the back of the vehicle to replicate the shape of the original and modify some of the innards for the post to run through. Also drilled through the dash of it for the bracket. Reassembled with car superglue and some hot glue to reinforce a few things on the inside of the car. The post/bracket are secured with the screws strongly as they should be. You can't tell the vehicle isn't 'full' from the top view.

By somewhat replicating the original shape, the car is able to have the full range of motion and you don't have to modify the optics or lose functionality. It works great, looks great, and is more fun because the added weigh requires several more hits to 'win' car crash, instead of the initial 3 full hits my machine had.

This was a pretty easy and fun project, I would recommend it to anyone interested.

Original:
2016-12-11 19.17.27 (resized).png2016-12-11 19.17.27 (resized).png
2016-12-11 17.41.46 (resized).jpg2016-12-11 17.41.46 (resized).jpg

New:
2016-12-11 16.50.14 (resized).jpg2016-12-11 16.50.14 (resized).jpg
2016-12-11 16.50.21 (resized).jpg2016-12-11 16.50.21 (resized).jpg
2016-12-11 16.50.44 (resized).jpg2016-12-11 16.50.44 (resized).jpg
2016-12-11 17.48.56 (resized).jpg2016-12-11 17.48.56 (resized).jpg

Backglass to reference. Not a perfect match, but not bad.
2016-12-11 20.35.13 (resized).jpg2016-12-11 20.35.13 (resized).jpg

#18 7 years ago

I've seen operators take out the regular ball and install a slightly smaller ball, about 3/4 size, which makes the car crash mode more challenging as well as less likely to damage the car mech. I'll probably want to do that on mine as well.

#19 7 years ago
Quoted from kst8cat:

I've seen operators take out the regular ball and install a slightly smaller ball, about 3/4 size, which makes the car crash mode more challenging as well as less likely to damage the car mech. I'll probably want to do that on mine as well.

I've considered doing this, but the last time I ordered parts one wasn't available so I skipped it. Conveniently, it is functioning how I would like it to at this point so I don't think I'll be messing with it for a while haha. If you end up doing it, let me know what you think.

#20 7 years ago
Quoted from ZeldaOoT:

I realize I am bumping an old thread, but I thought my content added something, was relevant to this post, and would be more organized than creating a new one.
I recently obtained an SF2, overall in great shape minus. One issue was that the car was cracked and super glued back together. I bought a new die-cast car that matched the back glass a little closer and looked much better. I used tin snips to remove part of the back of the vehicle to replicate the shape of the original and modify some of the innards for the post to run through. Also drilled through the dash of it for the bracket. Reassembled with car superglue and some hot glue to reinforce a few things on the inside of the car. The post/bracket are secured with the screws strongly as they should be. You can't tell the vehicle isn't 'full' from the top view.
By somewhat replicating the original shape, the car is able to have the full range of motion and you don't have to modify the optics or lose functionality. It works great, looks great, and is more fun because the added weigh requires several more hits to 'win' car crash, instead of the initial 3 full hits my machine had.
This was a pretty easy and fun project, I would recommend it to anyone interested.
Original:

New:

Your translite looks great, post without the glass in please?

Also the car looks cool.

I agree, mine works and looks fine, I havent wanted to take it apart. The lexus would look sweet. Ive looked on ebay for tamiya models.

10031118 (resized).jpg10031118 (resized).jpg

#21 7 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Your translite looks great, post without the glass in please?
Also the car looks cool.
I agree, mine works and looks fine, I havent wanted to take it apart. The lexus would look sweet. Ive looked on ebay for tamiya models.

I'll have to grab another photo later. I thought the lexus would be cool too, but didn't want the grey color to conflict with the translite or blend into the street sitting underneath the car. I found one at one point, but it was a lot more expensive than the $6 I paid for my vehicle at a local store haha. I'd be interested to see someone put one in.

#22 7 years ago

What if you made a decal for the road to make it like the game and also made decals for the sides to look like the water. You could even put a lit plastic behind the car, right? All the way, haha.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

7 months later
#23 6 years ago
Quoted from ZeldaOoT:

Original:

New:

Your car mod look great! I am missing the original car in mine and the previous owner put a yellow one which doesnt fit the theme. What scale/size is the model you bought? Do you remember the toy make and model? I really like it, match nicely with the backglass too.

#24 6 years ago
Quoted from psychopat:

Your car mod look great! I am missing the original car in mine and the previous owner put a yellow one which doesnt fit the theme. What scale/size is the model you bought? Do you remember the toy make and model? I really like it, match nicely with the backglass too.

Thank you! I appreciate the compliment. I picked it up off an end cap when I was shopping at Meijer but they tend to have them a lot. I'll probably be stopping by there within the next day so I'll take a peak and get the info you're looking for. It's a nice metal one that was under $5 but I can't recall the scale or make/model. I'll be in touch.

#25 6 years ago

So I went to Meijer to try and find the same one and they don't have anything similar in stock. If I find some in the future I'll be sure to update you. Sorry about that.

3 weeks later
#26 6 years ago
Quoted from ZeldaOoT:

So I went to Meijer to try and find the same one and they don't have anything similar in stock. If I find some in the future I'll be sure to update you. Sorry about that.

no prob, thanks for checking. I will look around too in the meantime.
cheers

3 weeks later
#27 6 years ago

Whelp, my car finally cracked completely off. I was thinking of going the LS400 route. Does anyone know which scale to get? 1/18th?

#28 6 years ago
Quoted from smitherssp:

Whelp, my car finally cracked completely off. I was thinking of going the LS400 route. Does anyone know which scale to get? 1/18th?

I'm fairly certain it's a 1/24 scale model

Added over 6 years ago: EDIT- I think it's actually a 1/32 scale model. 1/24 would be too big.

#29 6 years ago
Quoted from smitherssp:

Do it.

3 months later
#30 6 years ago

Got around to changing mine. Wanted a model close to what is on the back box artwork. Used a Dodge Viper

1/32 is the correct size model for the machine.

25530260_10155606230944724_978141287_n (resized).jpg25530260_10155606230944724_978141287_n (resized).jpg

25555630_10155606230924724_745953007_n (resized).jpg25555630_10155606230924724_745953007_n (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#31 6 years ago
Quoted from lowndes8:

Got around to changing mine. Wanted a model close to what is on the back box artwork. Used a Dodge Viper
1/32 is the correct size model for the machine.

That looks great! Where did you buy it from? What is the brand that makes it?
Thanks

1 month later
#32 6 years ago

I just bought this,
ebay.com link: Microace Arii Owners Club 1 32 No 53 1990 Toyota Celsior

I'll post pics when it's ready

#33 6 years ago
Quoted from bimm25i:

I just bought this,
ebay.com link » Microace Arii Owners Club 1 32 No 53 1990 Toyota Celsior
I'll post pics when it's ready

Is that a plastic model kit? If so, will it survive the car crunch beating?

#34 6 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Is that a plastic model kit? If so, will it survive the car crunch beating?

It is plastic but from what I've seen the OG car was pretty flimsy, there is a metal bumper that the ballactually hits. If it breaks I'll post about it

#35 6 years ago
Quoted from bimm25i:

It is plastic but from what I've seen the OG car was pretty flimsy, there is a metal bumper that the ballactually hits. If it breaks I'll post about it

I know the original shell is plastic but I was just curious if the glue holding it together will hold up.

#36 6 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

I know the original shell is plastic but I was just curious if the glue holding it together will hold up.

Oh man I actually kind of like the idea of playing car crunch one day and I successfully blow the doors off

You might be right, I have used model glue in the past that hold better than the plastic (plastic breaks but glue seam is intact) I'll just post how it goes as it goes, at $16 shipped it's worth the risk to me.

#37 6 years ago
Quoted from bimm25i:

Oh man I actually kind of like the idea of playing car crunch one day and I successfully blow the doors off

That actually made me laugh out loud. I had a funny visual of the doors and everything just blowing up, lol.

But as neat as that would be, the hassle of fixing it after is what I would be thinking about.

2 weeks later
#38 6 years ago

This picture is bad, and the car shell needed some modification (read, heating and bending strategically) but at the end of the day it is looking way cooler than before

0316182037a (resized).jpg0316182037a (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 259.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

2,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Marietta, GA
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/street-fighter-ii-mod and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.