• Latest reply 6 years ago by ForceFlow
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

061 (resized).JPG

#1 6 years ago

I'm in the process of bringing an old beatup Street Fighter II back to life. One of it's missing items is the power supply. Attached is a photo of one that came to me from the land of eBay. Of course, the one I received is different from what was shown in the actual photo on there.

So the one I have has a sticker on the bottom labeled "Foreign". I also noticed this is listed at 220V vs. the normal 110V power supplies. In addition, I have a funky plug in on top vs. the standard two standard outlets. I may not be an expert, but I'm assuming this came from a country other than the US......

Being the daredevil that I am, I hooked it up and of course it didn't work at all. Fuses look fine, but haven't swapped them out yet.

I'm worried about the 220v vs. 110v. Can anyone inform me if this will actually work in my cabinet? I'm totally lost.

Thanks,
Neal

061 (resized).JPG061 (resized).JPG

#2 6 years ago
Quoted from nealk77:

I'm in the process of bringing an old beatup Street Fighter II back to life. One of it's missing items is the power supply. Attached is a photo of one that came to me from the land of eBay. Of course, the one I received is different from what was shown in the actual photo on there.
So the one I have has a sticker on the bottom labeled "Foreign". I also noticed this is listed at 220V vs. the normal 110V power supplies. In addition, I have a funky plug in on top vs. the standard two standard outlets. I may not be an expert, but I'm assuming this came from a country other than the US......
Being the daredevil that I am, I hooked it up and of course it didn't work at all. Fuses look fine, but haven't swapped them out yet.
I'm worried about the 220v vs. 110v. Can anyone inform me if this will actually work in my cabinet? I'm totally lost.
Thanks,
Neal

It's actually not a power supply--it doesn't regulate any power. There are no active components in it.

The only thing different about a foreign power box is the service outlet and the labels. Otherwise, everything under the hood is the same--it's just fuse holders, plugs, and an EMI filter.

If you really want a US version of the power box, PBResource may have some left.

If you want to get this one working, check the fuses with a multimeter first, and make sure they are the correct fuses.

#3 6 years ago

Don’t you need a jumper on the top of the power supply to make it work at 110v

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-system-3-transformer-jumper-plug-a12j5-for-setting-110v

#4 6 years ago

That jumper plug is on the transformer panel, not the power supply or power box. But yes, it needs to be jumpered for the proper voltage.

#5 6 years ago

Yup, I have the right jumper plug good to go on the transformer. Now I'm just at a loss trying to find a looped plug for the A12P6 port on the power supply/box since I don't have an interlock switch.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
2,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Marietta, GA
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
$ 16.99
Cabinet - Other
Maine Home Recreation
Other
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball
Various other swag
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/street-fighter-ii-foreign-power-supply and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.