(Topic ID: 97724)

Street Fighter club, all welcome.....ready, set, shoot!

By Damon

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,404 posts
  • 143 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 25 days ago by Parkshow30
  • Topic is favorited by 37 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Flipper Schematic (resized).jpg
Pinside_forum_7868980_0 (resized).jpg
20231114_164512 (resized).jpg
flipper diagram (resized).png
Pinside_forum_7860116_0 (resized).jpg
20231109_140205 (resized).jpg
20231109_135954 (resized).jpg
Pinside_forum_7848151_0 (resized).jpg
Pinside_forum_7848151_1 (resized).jpg
20231102_131655 (resized).jpg
20231102_131352 (resized).jpg
20230417_201716 (resized).jpg
18103D72-1BCF-4262-ADE2-A2B8DC2DE086 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_1787855_390879 (resized).jpg
20210611_144033 (resized).jpg
20210611_144005 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zeldaoot.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#266 7 years ago

I prefer the original cabinet. I think the side decals above do not compliment the original artwork on the playfield at all, and they're extremely busy. I don't get why every piece of it needs to have the "SF2" logo plastered on it.

2 weeks later
#282 7 years ago

I like that T2 topper has a hat haha

2 weeks later
#295 7 years ago
Quoted from Jappie:

Hi guys! Proud to be in the club for the game that lots of folks love to hate. I haven't had my SF2 for long. It's in the process of being fixed up up right now. I will see how I feel about the game once that's done. It was broken and dirty when I bought it.
Has anyone here added a post light to the Hurricane Kick shot? I did so yesterday. It seems like the only way to light up that dark circle a bit. I'll post a picture again once the game is back together. I do like it already.

A post light is probably a better solution, but I wired a twin SMD that shines through the subway and up through the hole. It lights up the area quite well.

2 weeks later
#301 7 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

#1 There is no coil in the shooter lane. Either your spring needs replacement, or something is bent or misaligned with the wire form coming out of the shooter lane.
#2 There is no car replacement other than is Steve Young has one over at Pinball Resource. I have seen people replace theirs with models, etc. It can be done.

I second #1- the spring probably could use replacement. If it is hitting the wire form on the way up, make sure the bolt holding it down is tightened appropriately from the underside. Both are very easy adjustments.

#2- Making your own replacement vehicle is surprisingly not that challenging and looks a lot better in my opinion. Here is a link to a thread about it. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/street-fighter-ii-mod

3 months later
#369 6 years ago

I also have the cliffys. I messaged Cliffy on pinside to order. Doesn't effect gameplay, looks nice, and definitely protects the machine.

#388 6 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

a) How do you like them?
b) Where did you get them?
c) Do they cause friction with the pinball that may cause damage to the pinball (and possibly the playfield)?

A) love them. Looks great and saves the playfield from wear.
B) I messaged cliffy here on pinside and he directed me for how to order them.
C) it's possible they may knick the balls a little quicker but I think SF2 wears pinballs down as a whole because of how the wire ramps all end with the ball smacking metal. The drop holes, etc, also probably contribute. It's nothing I've ever been concerned with and replace the balls regularly in all my machines anyway. Cheap maintenance to keep the machines in top shape.

Overall, I highly recommend and find them beneficial.

EDIT- I also use cliffy's on my monopoly and my dad has them on his Jurassic Park. The layout makes the SF2 ones a little trickier with the adhesion so I highly recommend cleaning the playfield well so the 3M sticks properly the first time. I had to go back and re-adhere one on SF2 the first time I put them on because I had wax under it. Oops.

1 week later
#422 6 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

Swapping out the car crush ball for a smaller one makes it a little harder but for me it's not worth the trouble. The more frequently you trigger the mini game per play the shorter the timer gets.

I'm in agreement on this. Some of the later car crush are almost impossible even with the standard ball so I recommend keeping it normal sized.

For the flippers, I recommend looking in the manual and replacing and parts individually and cleaning up the parts in there that may be usable. Mine were much much better afterward. I bought it all from Marcos. Let me know if you need a picture of that schematic for part numbers.

#424 6 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

Will another coil stop make this possible?

Ahh, got it. Yeah, I've played one system 3 game (stargate) where they swapped for slightly longer coil stops or a longer plunger. Can't remember which but it played with less cradle. Couldn't tell you the exact part number, sorry.

#432 6 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

Regarding flipper rubbers; Is it the same flipper rubber size for all...5 flippers in this game? Is it just a standard rubber size or is it something gottlieb specific sizes?
Thanks!

Same standard size for all. I use the narrow ones.

#435 6 years ago
Quoted from Murphelman:

I made the mistake of putting superbands into mine. they are a little wider than the groove in the flipper bats. When I played the balls kept going airborne so I had to put the old ones back on. I think you need to make sure they fit in the groove on the flipper.

This is my experience also- they were the wide bands when I got the machine so I swapped. Marcos actually has a narrow super band which is what I use and they fit the gottlieb flipper bat grooves very well. I recommend them. Additionally, I think they look very nice.

#437 6 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

Cool, I just dont want superbands on this machine for the moment
So I assume this would work fine, a pure normal red rubber?
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/38-6519-4

Mine are 3/8" but I think those should work just fine

#442 6 years ago
Quoted from psychopat:

I had 2 of them already on the machine I bought, however the hold at the top I'm missing one.
Does the set comes with that piece as well? If so would be interested too.

The top sagat hole isn't available, although I wish it was also.

#456 6 years ago
Quoted from smitherssp:

Am I the only one that feels the chung-li shot is harder than the guile shot? I hit guile all the damn time

I agree with this. Love hitting the guile although it's easy once you get the hang of it. Chun Li tests my patience sometimes haha.

2 weeks later
#542 6 years ago
Quoted from Breaking_Dad:

Probably dumb question... but what are the square foam pads at the end of the habitrail called...my T2 has them but SF does not...does yours...?..........Joey

Mine doesn't have any at the end of the habitrails. Haven't seen them on others for SF2 either. Seems like they would prevent wear. The wire form for the shooter lane doesn't have it either.

#549 6 years ago

These are the info cards I made for mine if you want. It's also got a 'FIGHTER" overlay to invert the letters to white. You can ignore the random below that, I had to replace my bracelet target sticker.

EDIT: (The document is two pages)

SF2 Info Cards.pdfSF2 Info Cards.pdf

1 week later
#567 6 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

- plunger is too weak even at full power. Change to a enw spring?
- somehow the plastic covering the left loop is now to low, so after plunging the ball around, it gets stuck in the plastic. Will have to check later. (any suggestions?)

Yes to a new spring. When I got mine, it has the same issue. The spring looked fine, but when I took it off it actually had a fracture in it that was too hard to see. A new spring fixed the issue.

With regards to the 'plastic covering the left loop', I unfortunately have no clue what area you're talking about haha.

Your game is looking great!

#574 6 years ago
Quoted from uncivil_engineer:

Well I got over and saw Cliffy of http://www.passionforpinball.com yesterday, and he gave me two new armor pieces to test fit on the machine I am restoring. I still need to fasten them down to check the final fit, but I think they will do pretty well.

Any idea when these may become available for sale? Love this idea.

1 week later
#605 6 years ago
Quoted from jjoravec:

Picked up my first Street Fighter2 last night. It pretty good shape except missing the main System 3 pcb (MA-1934). Anyone know where I can find one.
Thanks

Congrats and Best of luck! I can't find one anywhere. Marcos has them on their inventory but out of stock. Couldn't find one on eBay, and it didn't look like rottendog or Alltek make them for system 3 that I could find. Maybe put a wanted ad on the marketplace and ask the gottlieb system 3 thread?

#607 6 years ago
Quoted from statictrance:

The Pinball Resource - The only place to look for Gottlieb parts...

I've never ordered anything there solely because the website is so hideous. One day I may be desperate enough.

1 week later
#615 6 years ago
Quoted from jjoravec:

Thanks, Anyone know where to get the L brackets that are used to mount the motor?

Perhaps check a The Pinball Resource? As I mentioned not long ago the website is garbage, but fellow pinsiders were correct that he had a lot of hard to find gottlieb parts and the prices tend to be cheaper than Marcos, although he is my normal go-to for parts. He must be located near my because I always get them in 1-2 days and the site is still easy to use.

3 weeks later
#627 6 years ago
Quoted from statictrance:

Did anyone take pictures or steps for the installation of Cliffys for SF2? I've never installed them before and I think I have the idea (double sided adhesive - screw down where applicable...) but any other tips/tricks for them? (cleaning the wax off, anything else to prepare, helpful hints?)

Clean the surface for sure. Essentially the holes in the cliffys line up with screws/posts that already exist in the gift location. You'll have to remove whichever plastic is in the way to get the metal brackets off that bounce the ball down into the E. Honda and M. Bison holes, then remove the posts that the cliffy will get secured by. Clean the surface like you mention.

The adhesive doesn't care to be repositioned so try to line it up right prior to sticking it to the surface. Afterward just reassemble! It should come together pretty intuitively as you go. Good luck!

1 month later
#641 6 years ago
Quoted from lowndes8:

As the car crush is no longer available what are people doing to replace the car?
Thinking of buying a 1:43 plastic model and putting that on there

See this thread- https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/street-fighter-ii-mod

#643 6 years ago
Quoted from lowndes8:

YES!!!!! Thankyou just need to work out what size the car is

I believe it’s a 1/24 scale. At least that’s what I mentioned in the other thread a while back haha. I think that’s what I used when updating mine.

#645 6 years ago
Quoted from lowndes8:

Its either 1:32 or 1:36

After googling a picture, I think you're right with 1/32. I'll have to amend my other post.

2 weeks later
#649 6 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

For those that installed Cliffy's on their SF2.....
a) how is your bottom left (e.honda) cliffy protector doing?
b) is it holding in place? any lift/wear/issues?

I’ve got some lift on that one. I need to get in there and fix it somehow, just haven’t yet.

#653 6 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Same here. If you look at that cliffy like a clock....from 2-5 o'clock there's some lifting going on.
Not sure if it's a result of the ball slamming into the hole after striking the ball deflector. (Causing some lifting)

Exact same here. Wasn’t sure if it’s from that or the ball hitting it as it’s ejected from the hole...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
2,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Marietta, GA
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Pro
Sound/Speakers
$ 8.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom
Led

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zeldaoot.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/street-fighter-club-all-welcomeready-set-shoot?tu=zeldaoot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.