(Topic ID: 97724)

Street Fighter club, all welcome.....ready, set, shoot!

By Damon

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,404 posts
  • 143 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 47 days ago by Parkshow30
  • Topic is favorited by 37 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Flipper Schematic (resized).jpg
Pinside_forum_7868980_0 (resized).jpg
20231114_164512 (resized).jpg
flipper diagram (resized).png
Pinside_forum_7860116_0 (resized).jpg
20231109_140205 (resized).jpg
20231109_135954 (resized).jpg
Pinside_forum_7848151_0 (resized).jpg
Pinside_forum_7848151_1 (resized).jpg
20231102_131655 (resized).jpg
20231102_131352 (resized).jpg
20230417_201716 (resized).jpg
18103D72-1BCF-4262-ADE2-A2B8DC2DE086 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_1787855_390879 (resized).jpg
20210611_144033 (resized).jpg
20210611_144005 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kevster.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1316 2 years ago

Hey everyone, just joined the SF2 pinball owners club! I love this pin; think it's so much fun.

I'm still new to owning pinball machines and really haven't done any maintenance. I've noticed that the two ramps on my SF2 aren't moving up and down like they're supposed to. They're both always in the down position. It seems to still be fully playable as the Sagat and Vega opponents still light up normally (though they're hard to see when lit as they're blocked by the ramps) and register as defeated when hit, but I'd like to get the ramps to function as designed. But I don't even know where to start. Any suggestions for a total beginner?

#1318 2 years ago

Awesome, thanks for that, Benny. Appreciate it.

I've also noticed that the lower right VUK is weak. I found another thread on that, so hopefully I'll be able to diagnose and fix that issue as well.

3 months later
#1328 2 years ago

Would somebody be willing to post close up pics of the metal plates above the left and right VUKs? Those two holes (E Honda and M Bison) are really hard for me to hit on my pin. The ball tends to bounce hard off those plates and rarely fall in. I tend to only make those shots off of lucky slingshot rebounds. The only other SF2 pin I've played (at the Las Vegas Pinball HoF) was MUCH easier to hit those targets. Makes me wonder if those plates above the VUKs are installed incorrectly.

1 year later
#1364 1 year ago

Just recently replaced a fuse that finally got my ramps working so that they raise and lower themselves. Now I'm noticing an issue when hitting the Sagat target (left ramp in raised position): the ball tends to have too much momentum and skips right over the sinkhole, thus not triggering having defeated Sagat. Any ideas?

2 weeks later
#1370 1 year ago

Still trying to figure out why my Sagat shot isn't quite working as it should. On a full speed, accurate shot, the ball skips over the sinkhole at least 90% off the time. I'm starting to wonder if the cliffy protectors that the previous owner installed might be part of it. Maybe it's smoothing out that part a little more than what was intended, causing the ball to sail right over it?

Can someone without the protectors installed on that sinkhole take a closeup pic by so I can compare what it looks like to my current setup?

Thanks for any help!

1 month later
#1375 11 months ago
Quoted from Bazza:

It’s 100% the Cliffy protectors. I just installed the protectors on mine and I’m having the exact same issue. Never happened before installing them.

Thanks for confirming. That's a bummer. You thinking you're going to uninstall that one or just deal with it? I'm trying to decide...

#1376 11 months ago
Quoted from ClassicTAB:

New member to the club. Seems like a great game so far.
[quoted image]

Welcome to the club! It's a great game. I love it. Glad you're enjoying it

6 months later
#1386 5 months ago

I've been playing my SF2 a LOT lately. I just cannot complete the wizard mode for some reason. Really, really want to beat it! I told myself that once I complete Champion Challenge, then I can really dig into just getting a high score. Think the closest I've gotten is defeating 8 or 9 fighters in CC. I know I'll get there.

Also, I'm wondering which shot folks consider to be the toughest in the game. I hear people say the Guile shot quite a bit, but that one doesn't tend to give me much trouble. Personally, I really struggle to hit the Ken/Ryu shot with any kind of consistency.

What about all of you? Most difficult shot? Have you beaten wizard mode?

#1388 5 months ago

Just had something strange happen:

I was on my second ball, just needed the Chun Li shot to enter Champion Challenge. Then suddenly, the game thought I'd hit the shot, the flippers froze for the wizard mode intro, draining the ball. After the intro, the game ended wizard mode because of the drain, and proceeded to ball 3.

No idea what made the game think I hit the shot. I don't even think it hit an actual switch when it entered CC mode. Maybe bounced off the slings or a stand up target. But it was no where near the Chun Li switch. Bizarre.

#1393 5 months ago
Quoted from latenite04:

This sounds like what happens when you have bad/cracked solder joints on the opto boards for the ramp switches. Vibrations will set off phantom hits. If you put it in switch test mode and wiggle some wires you might see the ramp switches being triggered. You usually just have to reflow the solder on the opto transmitter/receiver boards.

Excellent. Thank you for this

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

2,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Marietta, GA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kevster.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/street-fighter-club-all-welcomeready-set-shoot?tu=kevster and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.