(Topic ID: 97724)

Street Fighter club, all welcome.....ready, set, shoot!

By Damon

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,404 posts
  • 143 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 25 days ago by Parkshow30
  • Topic is favorited by 37 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Flipper Schematic (resized).jpg
Pinside_forum_7868980_0 (resized).jpg
20231114_164512 (resized).jpg
flipper diagram (resized).png
Pinside_forum_7860116_0 (resized).jpg
20231109_140205 (resized).jpg
20231109_135954 (resized).jpg
Pinside_forum_7848151_0 (resized).jpg
Pinside_forum_7848151_1 (resized).jpg
20231102_131655 (resized).jpg
20231102_131352 (resized).jpg
20230417_201716 (resized).jpg
18103D72-1BCF-4262-ADE2-A2B8DC2DE086 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_1787855_390879 (resized).jpg
20210611_144033 (resized).jpg
20210611_144005 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider infinitelives.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 9 years ago

i want to join this club ASAP! I need me a SFII pin
i love your topper, that is awesome

#7 9 years ago

someone needs to do an alternate translite for this game

8 months later
#49 8 years ago

I just purchased the beautiful machine Damon had for sale and will be joining this club when its arrives from the west coast

3 weeks later
#53 8 years ago

Dhalsim's arms is just the most ridiculous image on the game, hands down!

#55 8 years ago

Here is my new toy with his friends

jp.jpgjp.jpg
2 weeks later
#57 8 years ago

added a ryu figure on top of the pop. might try to make a "hadouken" to attach to his hands with an led, still trying to figure that out tho

sfii.jpgsfii.jpg

2 months later
#64 8 years ago

Welcome to the club! I love this game despite al the hate it gets

#67 8 years ago

I'm in, SFII is a keeper for me. Sounds amazing!

#71 8 years ago

looks awesome, hope you color code the buttons like in the mock up! cant wait!

#73 8 years ago

i have the normal size ball and can always beat 1 and 2 but the third time the timer is so short its impossible lol

#79 8 years ago

i have cliffys on mine too, unfortunately he did not make one for the sagat/zangeif/dhalshim hole as it takes a pounding

1 week later
#83 8 years ago

Looks sweet, I was envisioning ce as well tho. Either way I'm still in

#89 8 years ago

so sweet

3 weeks later
#93 8 years ago

any updates on the arcade cab mod?

1 week later
#97 8 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

sorry, delayed again on the mod. Sick puppy took all my attention the last week, started to work on it again, discovered I killed the LCD I had (messing around with figuring out the best way to mount the driverboard behind the display, flexing it one too many times created a tear in the ribbon cable). This won't happen on units I ship, I'll only bend it once and secure it). New one is on the way by friday, promise to shoot a video this weekend.

no worries, this is gonna be a killer mod!

#99 8 years ago

pm sent, that is so dope

1 month later
#107 8 years ago

Just paid for the arcade mod by Toyotaboy, i will post some pics when it comes in! Can't wait!

#108 8 years ago

Got the mod in today, took it out for some pics on my lunch break. I will install it after work today and take some more pics, cant wait!

20151109_134413.jpg20151109_134413.jpg
20151109_134406.jpg20151109_134406.jpg
20151109_134352.jpg20151109_134352.jpg20151109_134345.jpg20151109_134345.jpg20151109_134340.jpg20151109_134340.jpg20151109_134334.jpg20151109_134334.jpg

#110 8 years ago

Here she is all installed, took some photos of the installation as well but Toyotaboy has full instructions. Pretty much the sweetest mod

20151109_173755.jpg20151109_173755.jpg20151109_174046.jpg20151109_174046.jpg20151109_182415.jpg20151109_182415.jpg20151109_183647.jpg20151109_183647.jpg20151109_191830.jpg20151109_191830.jpg20151109_191925.jpg20151109_191925.jpg20151109_195006.jpg20151109_195006.jpg20151109_192039.jpg20151109_192039.jpg

#112 8 years ago

yeah that is the usb stick that came with the mod. not sure its capacity i did not remove it from the mod, it came installed in the board.

#117 8 years ago
Quoted from Tatersalad321:

Would you mind letting me know where you bought this figurine and how you mounted it? I love this mod

that Ryu figure is from the ps4 collectors edition of Street Figheter IV when it came out. It wasnt sold in any other fashion but you may be able to find a used one on ebay or amazon. i just mounted it with wire around his leg and wrapped around the screw and tightened it down

1 month later
#122 8 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Hey, I'm happy to join this club, here's a pic of my machine after I upgraded all the lights. I also added a modified car in the car crunch as mine had a nasty cheap imitation when I bought it.

FullSizeRender_(27)_(resized).jpg

welcome to the club! any pics of your upgraded car?

3 weeks later
#130 8 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Still have one SF2 arcade lcd mod that went unsold, just want to clear it out at this point. Willing to let it go for $100 which just barely covers materials let alone labor. Contact me if you're interested.

super worth it, its amazing!

1 week later
#139 8 years ago

My car smash flipper is sticking when in car crunch mode, after you flip it will stay up like the button is still being help and then drop, it varies on how bad it is each time. bad diode maybe?

#144 8 years ago
Quoted from uncivil_engineer:

Well I got the mylar off my Street Fighter 2 tonight. It came off very easy with a heat gun. The downside is almost all the glue stayed on the playfield. Now I have a huge mess to try to clean up.

Good luck!!

#150 8 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

Tnt does do this in one of their videos. I thought about it but the car crunch is hard enough the 2nd time around and nearly impossibly the 3rd

Yeah I think I've only completed level 3 once or twice, no need to make it harder

#154 8 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

What? Really? Mine is alwaysd three hits and done...what am I missing? I have it set to Hard.

mine you have to bash several times depending on how good of a strike you make on the car, 4 or 5 times maybe more to push it back.

#159 8 years ago

nice game, i think everyone in this threads owns one so you may have better luck opening a for sale thread. GLWTS tho, shes a beauty!

#162 8 years ago

does anyone know if there are mirror blades made to fit gottlieb games? I cant find any on the sites that sell mirror blades and i made a thread here a few days back and no one replied

#164 8 years ago
Quoted from uncivil_engineer:

I've never seen blades for any Gottlieb System 3, let alone street fighter.
On a positive note, I got a box of parts from Ireland today! My hunt for a replacement playfield window insert had finally ended!

nice, what other parts did you score?

1 month later
#210 7 years ago

So my left ramp doesn't lift anymore
Found the coil melted and fuse blown.
Replaced fuse and coil
Doesn't work still

If I jump the coil to ground to fires
If I jump the transistor Q8 to ground it fires

Where could the problem be?

1 month later
#221 7 years ago

i love the stop go of it. helps me aim shots on other games. Get control, pick off your shot, rinse repeat. You have to do that on most games in competition play anyways. I'd go 1200 all day on a decent SFII

2 months later
#224 7 years ago

Sick alt translite installed today 20160728_181426_(resized).jpg20160728_181426_(resized).jpg

#227 7 years ago
Quoted from zimjoe:

That is the best Alt translite I have seen for this game yet. Where did you get it? Makes me miss mine ;-(
Might be time to get another... or my old one back.

Ordered from a guy Malenko told me about. I can PM anyone his email address if they are interested in it. $48 shipped.

i put color changing leds in the 3 closest sockets near the hadouken fire ball, pretty cool affect.

2 months later
#231 7 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Finally got everything working on mine aside from some bad smart switches.
Does anyone have an issue with the sagat shot bouncing out? This is the shot that goes underneath the left ramp, turns to the left under the ramp, and then falls into the dhalsim scoop.

mine might careen out 1 outta 300 times, ive seen it happen but just very very infrequently

#233 7 years ago

My flippers are super strong and it will catch and drop in the hole, I wonder if the issue is with the guide back there being misaligned or bent or something? I cant remember what it looks like back there. If yours looks off I can snap some photos of mine

3 months later
#257 7 years ago
Quoted from RetroRefurbs:

Here's some more disgusting stuff to burn your eyeballs:

those are sweet. The redone originals in black and white background would look really bad on the game IMO based on the color scheme of the playfield and translite

1 month later
#303 7 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

You Do Not Win
If You Walk Away...

*Cannot ^^

4 weeks later
#322 6 years ago
Quoted from Breaking_Dad:

Trying to score one of those SFII Arcade Cab mods...I put up a wanted thread and pm'd the creator...no luck yet...(Mind you it's only been 2 days)...figured I would try here as I really want one...Thank you..........Joey

This is my fav mod in pinball I think I got the 1st one made

2 months later
#416 6 years ago

a protector for the sagat/dhalsim saucer would be nice.

1 week later
#452 6 years ago
Quoted from smitherssp:

Am I the only one that feels the chung-li shot is harder than the guile shot? I hit guile all the damn time (admittedly by accident) but I swear that spinning flipper breaks my balls every damn time!

hmm, on mine, once you get the timing down you can make it every time on a clean shot. and when it returns if you hit it on the fly it is timed correct and you can make it 3-4 times in a row (before I panic and screw it up)

#454 6 years ago
Quoted from statictrance:

I still dig the Guile shot cause it's always the last shot I need on my multiball before it's go time. It's still the hardest shot of me on my pin. The Chun Li shot used to be impossible (set at maximum inclination), but once I read the book and saw original coils in my machine (and the service note that the left coil should be replaced with a snappier coil) - she became an afterthought. Yeah, it'll kick back here and there, but it's far more makeable.
This is a great machine for learning ball control on. The flipper angle is a little greater than most (save other Gottliebs) to help with cradling and system 3s seem to run a little slower to me than any of my other pins (even after 3 coats of wax). You can recover a lot of errors with the center pin, especially if you leave the white rubber on it. Then gradually find games shallower/faster till you get to really shallow flipper games. (new Ghostbusters or classics like baracorra come to mind).
Honestly - with the multiball triggering every 2 fighters, I'd let a ball drain and restart the multi rather than knock it to a tougher shot. That said - E. Honda, Sagat, Vega, and M. Bison are all relatively easy shots, so even if you rebound into the easier shots, there's still options.
I hate the flak this machine gets to having shallow rules, or being 'easy'. It's a Gottlieb and has its quirks, that's for sure (who hasn't had a 20 minute game fall under 200Mil because you missed the payoff shots?). But I find it funny cause so many complain about those Gottlieb quirky rulesets and newer machines are headed for this territory again. (Multipliers, stacking of modes, etc). You can't just go up and wing it on this one and expect a top score.

i think its a great game to learn ball control and aiming. pretty much every main shot gets the ball back to you in control if you make it. the only rule I hate is the double your score round that system 3 coders thought was a good idea. really lame.

1 week later
#477 6 years ago

i wish theyd just make mirror blades that fit

6 months later
#672 6 years ago

The lights flash as well and you can time it off that

3 weeks later
#688 6 years ago
Quoted from bimm25i:

Man these flippers...... I am spoiled I guess from playing WPCs a lot lately, but these are just awful. They seem to have a lot more "wiggle" than the WPCs particularly during EOS. Do I maybe have a hardware problem or is it just a fact that these flippers kinda stink?
I see the left and right flippers use different solenoids too, that is very yuck for me. I'm thinking about putting the stronger (orange) coil on both L+R lower flippers,
I see replacing the coil stops could help with the long travel but that doesn't but me as much. I am curious, has anyone modded thier flippers to make them work "right"? If so I am desprately looking for suggestions.
Thanks all!
Also custom rulecards.... Anyone ever come across some cool ones?

there was a service bulletin to replace the left coil with a stronger one than what came from the factory to hit the chun li shot better i believe.

ive never had any problem with my sfii flippers. its a gotliebb, so the angle is different and they are different style bats. Its just like playing an EM with the small flippers vs the normal sized ones. different games were designed differently.

#702 6 years ago
Quoted from Herk:

Ahh got cha. I thought he was talking about something on the play-field.
So what he's saying is defeating Chun-Li is optional? How is that possible, I thought you needed to defeat her to enter the Champion's mode?

no chun li is not optional.

edit: yeah as stated below, opto is short for optical.
something like this:

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/515-0173-00

#709 6 years ago
Quoted from Herk:

Ahh got cha. Apologizes, I've only owned EM's up until this point. Thanks for clarifying!

no worries, hopefully you can get it working 100%!

#718 6 years ago
Quoted from latenite04:

Good luck. The only advice I would offer is if you are going to remove the standup posts at the ramp entrances heat the t nut under the playfield with a soldering gun first to break down the loctite that was used. I twisted off 3 of 4 posts trying to get them out but once I heated it up and the loctite smoked off the 4th spun out easily.

great advice!

#734 6 years ago

wow, i have a fine working car but would def swap out if the 3d printed one holds up! I still need to get the pin2dmd mod ahhhhh

2 weeks later
#771 5 years ago

anyone have any spare left and/or right ramp raising mech assemblies that I could buy?

large (2) (resized).jpglarge (2) (resized).jpg

1 week later
#780 5 years ago

Thanks for the heads up, didnt see any action on my post so I had to splurge and bought all new parts from marcos paired with some over priced used parts on ebay but i needed them as they are going in my custom build you can see over here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/see-you-space-cowboy-cowboy-bebop-homebrew

#785 5 years ago
Quoted from Breaking_Dad:

I'm stoked for yaa Bro...!!!...first order of bizz...one of these..........Joey

i prefer where i placed mine

ef9cce62c15bfbae494c26db04012add9743f72d (resized).jpgef9cce62c15bfbae494c26db04012add9743f72d (resized).jpg

1 week later
#817 5 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Okay mine looks nothing like that, it's a silver one. Is that one the same as the Williams ones from the same era?

ill check my manual after work and see if it lists the part #

#820 5 years ago

The part # in the manual is 26314

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/26314

marcos is sold out

i would try Steve Young @ pbr resource

http://www.pbresource.com

he doesnt show one listed on the site but there is a chance he could still have them in his warehouse, I would give him a call with the part # handy.

#833 5 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

It was just about the screw not being long enough to fully protrude through the bartop mod screw hole.
Minor issue.
But getting it installed on my SF2 above the Balrog/Bison hole was not do-able. There wasn't enough clearance for the glass to slide back on.
Ended up installing it like breaking_dad did and the pinball zips right underneath it. I think I prefer it there now that I've played a few games.

interesting, as that is where I installed mine. Although I got the first one he made so there might be some revisions in size. I too had to go to a hardware store to get a longer bolt. I think i posted some install pics earlier in the thread when I got mine. great mod!

#842 5 years ago

would love mirror blades

#847 5 years ago
Quoted from lowndes8:

I have mirror blades in mine looks so much better

Yeah I've tried to find them forever but gave up, was told not enough clearance

3 weeks later
#869 5 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Bump for the leg question

manual says 27 3/8 for the legs

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/D-4337

#872 5 years ago
Quoted from bimm25i:

I got 4 new 27" legs from PinballResource. They are the right legs for the table but it still stits about 1" higher than my williams in the front.

The correct legs are part #4337 which are 27 3/8 not 27. Just to not confuse the person asking for the correct leg size. Attached is a pic from the manual and again the link to the marcos product page : http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/D-4337

Message_1520537832794 (resized).jpgMessage_1520537832794 (resized).jpg

#883 5 years ago

i guess i missed it, is it hard to get them from the guy in germany now for some reason? Ive been waiting to pick one up for sometime but keep spending my extra pinball money on my homebrew game lol

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
2,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Marietta, GA
$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 45.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
Decorations
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider infinitelives.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/street-fighter-club-all-welcomeready-set-shoot?tu=infinitelives and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.