(Topic ID: 97724)

Street Fighter club, all welcome.....ready, set, shoot!

By Damon

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,404 posts
  • 143 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 53 days ago by Parkshow30
  • Topic is favorited by 37 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Flipper Schematic (resized).jpg
Pinside_forum_7868980_0 (resized).jpg
20231114_164512 (resized).jpg
flipper diagram (resized).png
Pinside_forum_7860116_0 (resized).jpg
20231109_140205 (resized).jpg
20231109_135954 (resized).jpg
Pinside_forum_7848151_0 (resized).jpg
Pinside_forum_7848151_1 (resized).jpg
20231102_131655 (resized).jpg
20231102_131352 (resized).jpg
20230417_201716 (resized).jpg
18103D72-1BCF-4262-ADE2-A2B8DC2DE086 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_1787855_390879 (resized).jpg
20210611_144033 (resized).jpg
20210611_144005 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chitownpinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#19 9 years ago

In for updates. Mine is down and out. Hopefully back up soon.

Cue CaptainNemo hate post in...3....2....

3 weeks later
#26 9 years ago

Mine is back up, but my sound issue persists. Any ideas?

Plays "you lose, SMASH THE CAR!" when you start a game. Also cuts off other sounds and beeps at random times.

I am now noticing too that the car smash sounds seem to be wrong too. Usually it plays a revving sound when you enter the lower playfield mode, but now it plays nothing. Maybe related?

Any help is appreciated... been working on this for a while.

#28 9 years ago

The chun lee ramp? Sounds like your flippers need a rebuild.

#30 9 years ago

The shot map is pretty sweet...guile is a satisfying shot. This club isnt for haters.

1 month later
#58 8 years ago

Man your playfield looks sp much better than mine....

2 months later
#66 8 years ago

Dude u r out of control! Those decals are sick and so is that mod! Wow!

#70 8 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Those are the stock stickers, are yours missing?
So I didn't like either size (one is too small, one is too big). I found a 2" that looks like it will be just right #goldilocks.
So here's a mockup of the size:
sf2_cardboard_mockup_2_inch_screen.jpg
Here's a rendering of what it should end up looking like (going to do a tiny marquee with a standard bayonet bulb backlighting it).
sf_3d_printed_cabinet_rendering.jpg
Everything will run off of 5vdc. The 2" screen has a surprisingly high resolution of 640 x 240 (Better than the 2.5").
I've ordered the parts, and as soon as I get the fit right I'm going to go ahead and print up a cabinet and get one made.

The cabinet decals.

Put me on the list too.

#72 8 years ago

Has any one in here put a smaller ball in their car smash like Todd Tuckey suggested? I am still wondering if it works to make it more fun. Mine is SOOOO easy.

2 weeks later
#82 8 years ago

Ya, I have the CE with my SF2 pin now.

4 weeks later
#95 8 years ago

Pretty sweet.

I just finally got enough man power to muscle my z back sf2 cab out of my basement for moving. Fun times.

1 week later
#100 8 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Alright, mod installed. Here's a video with SF2 CE video play:
» YouTube video
Here's the installation instructions:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/q7zmkqb6jdauvml/sf2_lcd_mod_instructions.pdf
If you're still interested, PM me. Again what is shown is still the 1st prototype 3d printed cabinet, all orders will have the updated joysticks.

Once I move Ill be in on this. Thanks!

1 month later
#111 8 years ago

That looks pretty sweet. What capacity is that USB stick? Does he include it with the mod? I think id rather have a low profile stick like a wireless mouse does. That looks like something I would forget about and break opening up the head one day, lol.

#115 8 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Usb stick is 2gb, enough for over 3 hours of video. I wanted to use something lower profile but they were like 3 times the cost

How cheap are you getting them? This 16gb stick is only $9.

http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Cruzer-Low-Profile-Drive--SDCZ33-016G-B35/dp/B005FYNSZA/ref=sr_1_8

Not raggin on you, just offering alternative.

2 weeks later
#120 8 years ago

So I just had my sf2 gone over by a restorer. Basic shop, flipper rebuild, etc., stuff I couldnt get to before my xmas party. They fixed a weird sound issue i had as well. Im still waiting to hear back what the issue was. It drove me nuts for over a year.

They wanted to replace the dmd because its a bit faded on one side. Has any one replaced theirs yet? I told him hold off as I was at my budget for this game. Id like to replace it with a red or blue one, or maybe even fix the current one if possible.

Any tips? Viper? Lol.

1 month later
#125 8 years ago

I want to get a TAMIYA lexus model and replace my car with the RIGHT car one day....

#127 8 years ago

FYI they never fixed the sound issue. I gotta have a pinched wire some where or something. The machine is acting all kinds of weird. I swapped out the CPU board already to try and remedy, same issues.

When you start a game it says "YOU LOSE, SMASH THE CAR! (Static noise)" then starts the "ready set shoot". It was doing this before I sent it off. I had ALL the boards out and looked over, no issues were found. Once the restorer went over the game, he said he had fixed it. WHen it was delivered, it wasnt fixed. In fact, it was WORSE. Now, the ball wont kick out to the shooter lane. The game also does wacky things as you play. Pinched wire is my only idea. Any thoughts?

3 weeks later
#131 8 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Is the static always in the same spot for specific sounds? Could be that one of the sound ROMs is bad.

The roms were tested and re-burned as far as i know. I will re-check them. Thanks for the input.

1 week later
#135 8 years ago

Thats such an interesting shot. For as much hate as this game gets, it has a lot of neat things. I especially think the guile shot is satisfying. Its such a long shot and it comes all the way back to you.

#145 8 years ago
Quoted from uncivil_engineer:

Well I got the mylar off my Street Fighter 2 tonight. It came off very easy with a heat gun. The downside is almost all the glue stayed on the playfield. Now I have a huge mess to try to clean up.

Good to hear. You are lucky, usually the paint will come up on system 3. Well done!

#148 8 years ago

Pretty sure I asked before, but Ill ask again. Has any one put a smaller ball in their car crunch to make it harder? I want it to take more hits and some decent flipper bashing to complete it. I thought I heard TNT doing this.

#152 8 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

Tnt does do this in one of their videos. I thought about it but the car crunch is hard enough the 2nd time around and nearly impossibly the 3rd

What? Really? Mine is alwaysd three hits and done...what am I missing? I have it set to Hard.

#155 8 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

mine you have to bash several times depending on how good of a strike you make on the car, 4 or 5 times maybe more to push it back.

Are you letting the ball rest before bashing? I could see if you didnt how it could be hard, but if you let it rest at the bottom, 3 hits and its over. Every time.

#157 8 years ago

wow, nice playfield.

#165 8 years ago

I have two windows...one is scratched though. I need to make a new black surround sticker for my nice one....just havent gotten around to it.

3 weeks later
#195 8 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I passed on plenty of them for $600-800 because it was to much money. Game is the worst DMD ever made. Sorry but something has to be on the bottom. But don't worry. It's not alone. Xfiles is there as well keeping SF2 company. On a plus side. SF2 arcade is one of the best games ever.

Why do you come in here to bash on our happiness?

#197 8 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Why is this game "the worst dmd game ever made"?
Grew up with the arcade. Love me some Ryu.
What are the flaws to the game?

Its not, hes just a hater.

Have you ever met some one that just hated on something for no good reason? Yep, thats this guy.

The game is what it is, a great representation of the video game. Ive said it a million times. You go through and beat each bad guy with their particular shot. Then you get a shot at the grand master "boss" (who would otherwise be M Bison in the game). Car smash, and a few 2 and 3 ball multiballs. The guile shot is a satisfying shot.

Sure, it dosnt have the flow of most games since a lot of the shots dead end at a hole or a kick out, but its still a challenging fun game, ESPECIALLY if you like the video game.

Dont come up in here (a club for the game you hate the most) and bash our game neo, thats just a dick move.

This game can be had for $500 range, which is great for people just getting into the hobby.

#207 8 years ago

That VW is hilarious! Love it! I till want to get a lexus down there at some point. Did you happen to put a smaller ball down there to make it harder?

8 months later
#242 7 years ago

That looks pretty sweet man, cant wait to see the rest.

1 month later
#248 7 years ago

Would be interested in a set of decals AND the translite if you ever offer the package. My cab is trashed.

#251 7 years ago

If you havent beat the wizard mode yet, dont sell. Its a fun challenge. Ive only done it twice.

#254 7 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

replace interesting with disgusting

They have original ones too. I just thought it was interesting they were offering Gottlieb decals at all let alone different versions.

#258 7 years ago
Quoted from RetroRefurbs:

Here's some more disgusting stuff to burn your eyeballs:

Got any pics of games with these installed? I like them, just want to see the whole package.

#261 7 years ago

THAT LOOKS FREAKING AMAZING!!! WOW. So, enlighten me. When I see people doing decals, they usually sand and prime the cab. Does this HAVE to be done?y cab is pretty shot but Im not sure I want to go through all that. Would be nice to fill holes, sand a bit to get it roughed up, get it flat, then apply the decals.

#263 7 years ago
Quoted from RetroRefurbs:

In my personal opinion, yes.
Either leave your pinball cabinet original with a few war wounds, or do a good job on restoring it.
There's nothing wrong with an original beat up cabinet if the game is all clean, fully working and plays 100% right.
If you really didn't want to do decals yourself then is there no one near you who could do them for you?
Pete
Retro Refurbs

Gotcha. Ya, ive got a $500 players machine with a beater cabinet. It would be nice to have a prestine cab since it sits next to my SF2 arcade machine. Maybe some day....lol.

#265 7 years ago

I dont even mind the clash. Its not that bad.

#267 7 years ago

I suppose you are right, they could get rid of it on the coin door surround and the side head panels for sure.

#269 7 years ago

Lol, design by committee. Now, put a fireball around the start button too while youre at it!

#270 7 years ago

Why hasnt any one made a molded chun li for the to flipper? 3d printers, go!

2 weeks later
#284 7 years ago

MY sf2 is to the RIGHT of my t2. my sf2 champion arcade is between them.

Weird we all have both machines.....

#292 7 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

TORPEDO (alarm sounds)

WOOP WOOP WOOP

2 weeks later
#294 7 years ago

Thats actually pretty cool. If that area wasnt so hard to get to id do it too!

2 weeks later
#300 7 years ago
Quoted from binary11:

Hey everyone, got a couple issues with my machine but I'll start with the most pressing: the shooter rod. When the ball launches, it does not always make it up the ramp. I know it could be the coil, but it seems like the ball is hitting the lip of the ramp on the way up. Has anyone had/solved this issue? It is putting a lot of wear on the shooter tip which I already replaced once but is worn again- although I may have installed it wrong.
The other is a car replacement...which is a deep rabbit hole I will on down another day.
Thanks.

#1 There is no coil in the shooter lane. Either your spring needs replacement, or something is bent or misaligned with the wire form coming out of the shooter lane.

#2 There is no car replacement other than is Steve Young has one over at Pinball Resource. I have seen people replace theirs with models, etc. It can be done.

2 weeks later
#306 7 years ago

Thats actually pretty sick. Got a pic of it lit up?

2 weeks later
#321 7 years ago

They are super cool, wish I had the cash.

1 month later
#338 6 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

Terminator 2 was 3rd.

I guess we know whats next on the ol' coloring agenda. Cant you get a JP too? lol

1 month later
#364 6 years ago

Nice! Whered you get that?

1 week later
#394 6 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

Warm white > cool blue

Ya im not a fan. All the GI should be warm white. The inserts can be cool, but the GI definitely needs warm.

1 week later
#455 6 years ago
Quoted from smitherssp:

Am I the only one that feels the chung-li shot is harder than the guile shot? I hit guile all the damn time (admittedly by accident) but I swear that spinning flipper breaks my balls every damn time!

Guile was super hard until I bent the metal "ramp" down more. He still bricks it not hit dead on, but ya, chun li is a hard shot. Shell kick the crap outta you and laugh about it!

#474 6 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

posted before..... its weird to have cammy on them.

Theyre 20% off right now.

1 week later
#504 6 years ago

that looks slick smithers. well done. some day i will be there.

#557 6 years ago
Quoted from Breaking_Dad:

Ahh...love it...this is a MUST HAVE...!!!............Joey

Does he send it with pre loaded clips pr did you download and edit then yourself?

1 week later
#583 6 years ago
Quoted from Rappelbox:

If there's still demand i could initiate another groupbuy.
please send me an email to info@germangamingsupplies , subject SF.
Shipping worldwide at very reasonable shipping rates incl. tracking

I want one, just not sure when I can swing it yet. Keep me on the list for now.

6 months later
#732 6 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Rough model to start

YES YES YES YES YES

#733 6 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

I'd be interested in a 3D printed car but do prefer the red seeing that's the color in the game and on the translite

Considering that Malenko translite is 100x better than the original, I think making the car grey or white is the way to go. But hes right, he can make whatever you want.

3 weeks later
#775 6 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

wow! great score! You need my alt translate,lol
I found some other pieces of art I made for this game, I'll upload everything to my google drive and post the link. I made a replacement ChunLi spinning graphic, Guile Flash Kick , and others.

WELL, WHY ARENT YOU SHARING IN THIS THREAD BRO???

#786 6 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

Needs a CE bezel instead of the regular SFII bezel

Just noticed that too...I wonder if he would make a red one with the proper art to match my CE cab that sits net to the pin...

#794 6 years ago

WOW Malenko thanks man! Downloading now. Hope I can do something cool with the files one day. That snes backglass is pretty effing dope.

If I (ever) get my game back, I want to do the pin2dmd, but I really wish there was some one selling a plug and play setup....

My game has been "in the shop" with a really weird sound issue for over a year. Im getting impatient.

#796 6 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

I justed added the SNES box art files, both JPG and PSD, thanks.

No, Thank YOU.

1 week later
#814 6 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

TheHueManatee Here's the updated cabinet, also painted the control panel so it's accurate. Should be able to wrap it up tomorrow.

This looks dope man, well done.

Not to be even more nit picky, but what about a real miniaturized cpo?

1 week later
#831 5 years ago

Sooooo, SHARE your installation process/question!

#843 5 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

They look nice.....but Cammy isn't in the SF2 Tournament edition.

Agree. I think theyd be better with NO characters

#852 5 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Thanks, keep me posted as I'm certainly interested in one

We all are...keep calm and flip on.

3 weeks later
#884 5 years ago

I just wish some one would buy like a dozen and pre-configure them to make them plug and play. Once I get a pile of parts and have to configure and mess with something, it gets shelved. I just dont have time to dick around. I really like the work Malenko did too, its a shame I cant use it yet.

4 months later
#964 5 years ago
Quoted from lowndes8:

I dont get why you would want to put a crap plastic car in when for $10-20 you can put a discast car in

Or wait for the new hotness from toyotaboy

#967 5 years ago
Quoted from jp1985:

This sounds similar to the people that say "I replaced the god awful side art with a new design". Some people like an original look, others not so much.

We can all agree that red car looks like ass though. Doesnt make any sense, there was never a red car, it was always a grey lexus.

2 weeks later
#975 5 years ago

Man that is pretry cool except the big annoying chun li lol.

#977 5 years ago

Hey, quick second opinion from any one. If I unplug these 5 plugs because my sound is jacked, can I still play the game safely? My game plays fine, and Id just like to play it silent. I need new sound chips and I want to test the game, to make sure its still functioning properly without the sound.

Thx

5B7CE78F-02F5-4F23-8D3D-98DCD2D4B97F (resized).jpeg5B7CE78F-02F5-4F23-8D3D-98DCD2D4B97F (resized).jpeg

#979 5 years ago

Ok, cool. Thanks

My game is making awful noises when I turn it on. I need to write down the checksum for flippers actually, so I can get new chips. I think I need the plugs in for that, then I can unplug them to play it.

Ill turn it down and see what happens. Usually im working on my games when my kid is alseep, and the pin shreaking is pretty loud. Ive been afriad to turn it on again.

#982 5 years ago
Quoted from statictrance:

You don't need the checksums to get new chips (unless you want to compare it to the known good value to determine specifically which chip is screwed up). All you need is 'Street Fighter 2, AROM1' for example.

John at flippers wants the checksums for some reason. Im doing what the man wants. I just want my game to work again. Its been YEARS.

#984 5 years ago

Checksum noted and sent to john.

My game functions properly mechanically, so I unplugged all the sound boards as to not cause any damage playing it with the sound issues Im having.

Good enough for now.

8933E9BB-156E-4D95-AA83-570B56943DB1 (resized).jpeg8933E9BB-156E-4D95-AA83-570B56943DB1 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#985 5 years ago

Game works great. No sound is fine for me, I can hear it in my head.

Oh also, I have it on some crazy high legs. Its all I had at the time I moved it in. I have a tall uncle coming and want to say its for him, ha! I need to look up the proper leg height...

1E68E3C2-2944-4661-BB4B-FFE98A3A91E0 (resized).jpeg1E68E3C2-2944-4661-BB4B-FFE98A3A91E0 (resized).jpeg49DBE777-8B6F-4786-9ACD-EA5AB626094B (resized).jpeg49DBE777-8B6F-4786-9ACD-EA5AB626094B (resized).jpeg

#987 5 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

That's a pretty sweet Dynamo HS5 , time to get a pin2dmd

Sound first.

3 months later
#1002 5 years ago

To eject the balls, you can just push the mechanism that releases them.

#1009 5 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

To eject the balls, you can just push the mechanism that releases them.

Dont say I never did nothing for you.

2 weeks later
#1038 5 years ago
Quoted from statictrance:

Is that a Rescue 911 bezel on a Street Fighter?

Indeed it is

That led strip might be cooler as led t molding....hmmm

3 weeks later
#1071 5 years ago

Ive never had my car smash go twice in a row like that, what is the deal? My car smash is one and done, even on "hard"

2 weeks later
#1078 4 years ago

Badass. Some day....

3 weeks later
#1097 4 years ago

Thats a really nice compliment to the color dmd.

1 month later
#1103 4 years ago
Quoted from chadryan44:

Anyone have a hack to allow the playfield to slide easier on the cabinet slides? Both of my Gottlieb system 3s are difficult to slide but SF2 is really difficult. Always fun when I need to service something.

Silicon grease maybe?

2 weeks later
#1108 4 years ago

Speakers are dope. You should sell that mod.

3 months later
#1145 4 years ago

I like how the coin door bar looks on this game. LOL

1 month later
#1153 4 years ago

Any one local to me with a sf2 and a rom burner? Need to re burn my sound roms.

#1156 4 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

Put a SF2 on location for the 3rd time![quoted image][quoted image]

Rescue 911 speaker panel?

3 weeks later
#1162 4 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

Lookin good. Part of me wants to go back and recolor and redo some pin2DMD stuff. Like make the defeated fighter screens replacement scenes with redrawn sprites, you'll lose the "8 fighters remaining" part but the grphics would be much improved. The Vega shot not always triggering has also bothered me.
I really do miss my SF2 pin

Im still waiting to get a pin 2 dmd till you make it right, lol!

1 month later
#1175 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Would someone be willing to loan me their playfield window in order to make drawings of it? I can then make repros of them for anyone that wants them. I would only need it a day or two, and then mail it back to you with a prototype of the new one for test fitting. The donor gets the new window for free
This is the one I just did for Bad Girls:[quoted image]

I have a spare one, PM me if interested

2 weeks later
#1189 4 years ago
Quoted from Time:

Im a little confused how the Ready Set Shoot thing is suppose to work. I shoot when she says "shoot" but its always way way off. I have to wait a good 1 second after she says shoot to hit the center. Do you all experience this?

Every game is a little different. All depends on how strong the spring is still,’how far you pull back, etc. I find its a little after she says shoot as well.

2 months later
#1199 3 years ago

Sending out a call again: Does any one have or have the ability to read/copy the rom files from their sound chips?

#1202 3 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Still looking for a donor window to make an exact repro from if anyone has one I can borrow. Doesn't even need to be perfect, I just don't want to make one off rough measurements and have it not fit.

Aw ya sorry. I havent been out of the house in months sorry.

4 months later
#1235 3 years ago
Quoted from smitherssp:

Man that car with the headlights just looks so amazing. Best mod ever! Thanks again! Part of me wants to try my hand at using novus 3-2-1 to polish the current window I have. It's missing two or three studs so not much lost if I mess it up. Looking forward to your next run of windows!

What mod!? Where?

4 weeks later
#1237 3 years ago
Quoted from Riefepeters:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/custom-apron-cards-printable-versions-only/page/21#post-5921637
I made up these apron instruction cards recently. Generally I try to make cards that match the playfield by the flippers. I'm open to refining or making tweeks to these if anyone is interested in something they think might have a stronger design with the game.[quoted image][quoted image]

Nicely done!

Maybe the designers on the other card? Seems a little plain with just the insert.

Maybe make their names in the SF2 gradient and their title/contribution in the font you used for the instructions.

2 months later
#1252 3 years ago
Quoted from Bennyv07:

Below are some pictures of the custom SFII Apron Cards installed. Please let me know if I uploaded them in the right format. Thanks!
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

These are dope! Can I order a set? Did you make the fighter sticker too? So nice. Would pay, let me know.

Quoted from Bennyv07:

Working on a new Translite design. Here is a mockup on my cab. What do you guys think? Trying to match the playfield and side art a bit.[quoted image]

Not bad. I think I would prefer an older art style to fit the 90s pin. Just my opinion tho.

#1255 3 years ago
Quoted from Bennyv07:

Do you think making an original Bonus Game Scene background for the lower playfield would be overkill? I just hate looking at the “firehouse” scenery inside that has nothing to do with the game...
[quoted image]

My vote is for this one, the ocean with more ship showing. I was just thinking about this...

YOU ARE AWESOME. This would go very nicely with a certain mod I know about.

#1260 3 years ago
Quoted from latenite04:

Solenoids don't go bad too often but it's possible, look for any loose wires and check the molex connector that attaches the release coil to the harness to make sure it's not worn. There's a few physical things that could be stopping it from working.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
Chitownpinball asked me about printing a car closer in color to the lexus and if decals were possible. This is the first attempt so far, I'm waiting on actual decals.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

That looks sooooo good. WOW.

#1263 3 years ago
Quoted from Bennyv07:

Here is a 1/43 scale of a Lexus LS400 I just purchased on eBay. Fingers crossed, I'm going to see if it fits when it comes in from HK. I'll break it down to it's shell and see if its easy to replicate. I did some color edits to make it look similar to the car in SF2. I may also add a "broken windows effect" to the glass. That might be a nice touch.
[quoted image]

wow that is cool.

3 weeks later
#1287 3 years ago
Quoted from Bennyv07:

Found this ‘74 Ford Escort diecast at Target for $8. Cut the back out with some wire clippers and gave it some damage. I personally love the look. Its temporary until my Lexus LS300 model comes in and i can customize it.
[quoted image][quoted image]

COOOL!!!

#1290 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Leaving the club today. It's been fun, but i don't do Gottliebs.
Sold it to buy a Black Hole.

LOL. Good choice. Love my HH. Wish I had room for multiple wide bodies.

#1292 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

I thought it would be fun to turn the original SF2 Super Nintendo box art into a translite. Definitely where it all began for me.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Neat!

1 week later
#1296 3 years ago
Quoted from DJY2J:

Anyone have any leads on cabinet paint for some touch up areas?

I have seen an awesome technique to color match hobby acrylics. You can use a sheet of transparency and paint on it. Let it dry, and put it next to the cabinet. Those little paints go on sale all the time at Hobby Lobby. I think those are cool to use, right? I wouldnt necessarily us on the PF, but the cabinet.....game on.

1 month later
#1309 3 years ago

My cab is so trashed...you guys would laugh....or cry.

Quoted from Bennyv07:

Finally got around to “modding” the lower playfield side rails. Wanted to make the whole area look like the “Car Crush” Bonus Stage in SFII. Custom artwork pulled from a screenshot. Let me know what you guys think...
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

wow

4 months later
#1319 2 years ago
Quoted from ish08kazuya:

Just scored a playfield with lots of extra parts. Even had the original car. Got it with the intent to use as wall art and now considering to do the swap. Really surprised at how clean even the sub ramps are.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I will take your old beat up playfield if you sell.

Been wanting to make a new modified layout for SF2.

1 year later
#1352 1 year ago
Quoted from Graffixload:

Hello,
I am very interested in getting a color DMD for my SFII machine. Can anyone point me in the right direction of where I can purchase one? Feel free to PM me. Thanks!

Im getting to that point again too. Ive wanted to do it before and I always get cold feet.

Also probably has to do with my game not having sound in years. Im still getting just random beeps and screeches every so often. Ive had it looked at by a tech and he said it was proms. I did the proms finally (thanks who ever that was it was so long ago).

No change. So bummed. Game plays fine otherwise.

2 months later
#1365 1 year ago

Still looking for a SF2 playfield. I actually have funds now. Doesnt have to be perfect or anything. Trying to make an altered layout for this game to open it up more and make it flow. I have a ton of ideas for shots and code. Let me know what you got!

2 months later
#1374 1 year ago

OOOOoooo I like that branded lock down bar. Sexy.

6 months later
#1387 5 months ago
Quoted from kevster:

I've been playing my SF2 a LOT lately. I just cannot complete the wizard mode for some reason. Really, really want to beat it! I told myself that once I complete Champion Challenge, then I can really dig into just getting a high score. Think the closest I've gotten is defeating 8 or 9 fighters in CC. I know I'll get there.
Also, I'm wondering which shot folks consider to be the toughest in the game. I hear people say the Guile shot quite a bit, but that one doesn't tend to give me much trouble. Personally, I really struggle to hit the Ken/Ryu shot with any kind of consistency.
What about all of you? Most difficult shot? Have you beaten wizard mode?

Ive done it 2-3 times, but Ive had my game for a long ass time, lol. I did both of them pretty drunk at the end of xmas parties. The hardest shots for me are the chun li and the guile shots. I tweaked my guile shot to be smoother, but it still rejects without speed. Good times!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

2,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Marietta, GA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chitownpinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/street-fighter-club-all-welcomeready-set-shoot?tu=chitownpinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.