Street Fighter club, all welcome.....ready, set, shoot!

(Topic ID: 97724)

Street Fighter club, all welcome.....ready, set, shoot!

By Damon

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 987 posts
  • 90 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 22 days ago by Chitownpinball
  • Topic is favorited by 23 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 333 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

1E68E3C2-2944-4661-BB4B-FFE98A3A91E0 (resized).jpeg
49DBE777-8B6F-4786-9ACD-EA5AB626094B (resized).jpeg
8933E9BB-156E-4D95-AA83-570B56943DB1 (resized).jpeg
sf2 PIN (resized).jpg
SF PST V2 (resized).jpg
5B7CE78F-02F5-4F23-8D3D-98DCD2D4B97F (resized).jpeg
Street Fighter PsT (resized).jpg
0926181420b (resized).jpg
SavedImage_1031180816a_27 (resized).jpg
System3_NVRAM (resized).jpg
takemymoney[1] (resized).jpg
20180824_200113 (resized).jpg
20180824_200106 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_20180812_1433466.jpg
20180727_152448 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider brianmcculloh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#243 1 year ago

I'm officially joining this club! Picked up my SF2 over the weekend and it's my second pin after SST. I absolutely love how different the two games are. SST plays very fast with great flow. SF2 is stop and go, sniper attack. And I equally love both games (so far). Glad to be a part of the club!

There are absolutely 0 LEDs in it, and I'm going to completely LED the entire thing. I'll post before and after photos once I do so.

Now I just need to get my hands on that amazing alternate translite from malenko

#245 1 year ago

I just ordered one. $65 shipped for anyone else who's interested. He said he got two requests for this in the same day lol. I'm going to put the color changing LED near the fireball as was suggested above. I'll post pics when I get it installed. Thanks again!

#247 1 year ago
Quoted from cocomonkeh:

Yea it's on my list to pick up for sure once I make some room so I can work on the game. Which LED do you guys suggest for the fireball? Is there a part number?

I'm looking at these because I like how they both flash and fade http://www.cometpinball.com/product-p/1ledrgbfcc.htm

But I also saw this one and it seems appropriate for a fireball http://www.cometpinball.com/product-p/fire.htm it just doesn't change colors and I like the whole idea of multiple colors. Anyone ever used the flame bulbs from CometPinball before?

Also not sure how many I'll use until I get the new translite.

#255 1 year ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

replace interesting with disgusting

No way, those are great. It's nice to know they are available! Do you guys have any idea if they make this kind of thing for Starship Troopers? My cabinet is really beat up on that one and I'm worried about resale value (if I ever chose to sell it, which I probably won't). Any ideas?

EDIT: all I had to do was search that site and I found them!: http://www.retrorefurbs.com/shop/starship-troopers-pinball-cabinet-decals/ good lookin out chitownpinball!

#260 1 year ago
Quoted from RetroRefurbs:

Someone requested the Black version, I think they were completely customizing their game. Did the white ones while were at it. Hopefully the person doing the game in black will send us some photos of the completed machine.

We haven't got these listed for sale on the website (yet) but someone did send us some photos of a game with them on. Looks pretty sweet to me:

Pete
Retro Refurbs

Absolutely love it. Not sure if I'll get this first or the Starship Troopers one first. Also hoping they're not too difficult to apply for a noob like me. Thanks again for making these!

#271 1 year ago

Has anyone replaced their F3 vertical fuse holder with a standard horizontal fuse holder?

#272 1 year ago

I installed the alternate translite art and also did a full led swap. Here are the before and afters:

1-01 (resized).jpg

3 (resized).jpg

2-01 (resized).jpg

#274 1 year ago
Quoted from cocomonkeh:

Did you buy a kit or did you piece something together? That's pretty bright!

I pieced it together. It's much less blue in real life I'm very happy with it. Here's a pic with the lights on to get a better idea.

4 (resized).jpg

#277 1 year ago

I'm trying to order a new lamp socket for a gi lamp (one of the ones by the left ramp) and it looks like I need a 2 terminal socket, but I purchased one from The Pinball Resource (http://www.pbresource.com/sockets.html #A4762) which is a single terminal. I don't know which one to purchase. It looks like #A2916 has the right terminals but it doesn't have the right size bracket (I need the 3/4" size). Does anyone know if I can use the #A4762 in that slot even though it only has one terminal? I don't even understand why there are 2 terminals coming from that socket - any insight is appreciated!

2 months later
#328 1 year ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

Thanks
Just a question, does anyone know if the ramp flaps are the same for left and right ramps?
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-29654

Not sure, I can look at my SF2 when I get home tonight but I suppose you have both ramps on your machine as well and can give it the same eyeball test as me...

#330 1 year ago

Just checked - they look absolutely identical to each other. I didn't actually measure, but I scrutinized and I would be shocked if they were different.

1 week later
#333 1 year ago
Quoted from TheHueManatee:

Not officially a member...but will be shortly. Also...it will be my first Pinball ever!
So I'll be joining two clubs at once.
"YOGA-FIRE!!!"
Ps - love the bar top mod.

Welcome! It is my second pin ever bought, right after Starship Troopers. You buying from a friend, or a Pinside ad, or somewhere else? Let us know when you get it!

#337 1 year ago
Quoted from Malenko:

it was my 2nd pin too, Comet was first, and Terminator 2 was 3rd. Then I pumped my breaks, 3 games in 1 year is enough for a while.

Trying to decide what I want to do for my third. I don't know if I want to save up for a few years and get a more expensive one, or go for a cheaper one sooner. I mean it's not like these things depreciate, right? Might as well have $1500 worth of pinball machine sitting in my basement that I can play rather than $1500 in the bank that is only getting small interest...

I was thinking of going system11 next, like an F14 Tomcat or similar machine...

#341 1 year ago
Quoted from statictrance:

I'd recommend buying the machine. They never drop in value and you can always sell/trade later. I'm building my collection till the basement is full with decent EMs and cheap solid states... I try to buy them fresh from a garage and fix them up along the way, so that only helps add to the value. Once the room is full - then I'll worry about buying higher end machines.

You sound like you're in my same situation, just a few years ahead of me. I have a large finished basement with space for probably 15 machines if I squeeze them in. I see you have a pinbot - nice!

As for the issue with the F25, I read through your forum post and sadly I am such a beginner when it comes to this stuff that I don't have much to offer. I will let the pros respond and not clog up the responses with unhelpful messages. Good luck on this! So annoying when you have a machine at like 95% functionality and you can't nail down that last issue...

#344 1 year ago

Looks like it's all LED'd and in good shape. Congrats and enjoy!

1 month later
#447 1 year ago
Quoted from Murphelman:

I just gotta say that the Guile shot has to be one of the most satisfying shots when you hit it cleanly.
Especially when it's for 300,000,000!!

I know! I hit that exact shot for the 300m in my best game ever (I believe a 970m game).

Quoted from statictrance:

Protip - Leave one of the easy shots for last - then that one becomes re-makeable for 300m until you end your multiball. Hello Billions of points.

I need to work on keeping multiple balls on the field at once. During multiballs I'm always frantically trying to just hit every jackpot target I can. If I can master this pro tip I will finally break a billion.

#472 1 year ago

Hadn't seen those yet. I'd love to see what they look like installed.

3 weeks later
#601 1 year ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

Well, here it is for any interested, my street fighter 2 tear down video:
» YouTube video
I stopped this version after getting loose the last plastic, figured noone needs to see me novus and wax it. Also, the lower pf was removed earlier but a video of that exist from another guy.

Great video! I'll definitely be referring to this down the road when I get myself into trouble, I'm sure. Thanks for posting - it's really well done!

6 months later
#683 9 months ago

Welcome! Congrats on obtaining your holy grail pin. I love the stop/go/strategize nature of this pin compared to some other frantically fast paced ones (although I like those too). Have fun with it!

#694 9 months ago
Quoted from bimm25i:

I have fixed 2 issues in mine that seem to be common problems.
The car crush flipper wasn't working, and trying to manually fire the transistor also didnt work.
Found "Relay S" under the playfield near the right slingshot had become mechanically bound up and needed to be repositioned, fired up the game and the car crash worked great!!
The playfield flashers were all out, i again, tried grounding the transistor tabs to test and got nothing. Looking at the schematic, ALL of the playfield flashers route through a 0.33 ohm.5 watt reaistor. I found the resistor UNDER the playfield near the very back (mid-left), took a little searching to find it, and it was burnt to a crisp! Replaced it, all flashers are ok but 1was stuck on (under balrog plastic, poor guy has a gross burn on his face from the previous owner before the resistor cooked itself). I changed the stuck transistor with a new 12N10 and everything is working!!! Now I'm waiting for the leds to show up from comet and I've got what I hear is going to be a bear of a teardown/shop coming up.
What's the story on pulling the mylar on these? Is there a high risk of peeling up paint while doing so?

Congrats on getting your machine home in one piece! Sounds like you're making quick work of fixing it up. Just wait until you replace those flashers with blue leds all around, it's so nice. I also recommend getting the alternate translite, but that's just personal preference.

To answer your question, I have not attempted to remove any mylar from my machine. It still has the original. I'm sure someone else can chime in on that.

#700 9 months ago
Quoted from cocomonkeh:

I think chun li is an opto. Mine's folded up otherwise I could check.

I think he means his machine is folded up i.e. in storage...

#703 9 months ago
Quoted from Herk:

Ahh got cha. I thought he was talking about something on the play-field.
So what he's saying is defeating Chun-Li is optional? How is that possible, I thought you needed to defeat her to enter the Champion's mode?

Does your car ever reset at all - even when turning the machine off and back on? Or does it stay retracted until you manually pull it back out?

#707 9 months ago
Quoted from Herk:

It's working fine now. For some reason it got stuck in the winning position but I reset it manually from underneath and it's been working properly ever since.

Good! I've had issues with mine, but slightly different. Sometimes the car doesn't get pushed all the way up but I still get the win (although it takes more hits to win it when this happens). I'm curious if this happens to anyone else and if so do I just need to go in and do some cleaning to the coil or something?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
1,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dickinson, ND
$ 42.00
$ 189.00
Displays
Boston Pinball Company
$ 10.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 115.00
Playfield - Other
Great American Pinball
$ 86.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Flipper Parts
Buthamburg
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 89.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Bright
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 18.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 99.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Flip N Out Pinball
€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
YOYOKOPTER MODS

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider brianmcculloh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside