(Topic ID: 97724)

Street Fighter club, all welcome.....ready, set, shoot!

By Damon

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,404 posts
  • 143 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 46 days ago by Parkshow30
  • Topic is favorited by 37 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Flipper Schematic (resized).jpg
Pinside_forum_7868980_0 (resized).jpg
20231114_164512 (resized).jpg
flipper diagram (resized).png
Pinside_forum_7860116_0 (resized).jpg
20231109_140205 (resized).jpg
20231109_135954 (resized).jpg
Pinside_forum_7848151_0 (resized).jpg
Pinside_forum_7848151_1 (resized).jpg
20231102_131655 (resized).jpg
20231102_131352 (resized).jpg
20230417_201716 (resized).jpg
18103D72-1BCF-4262-ADE2-A2B8DC2DE086 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_1787855_390879 (resized).jpg
20210611_144033 (resized).jpg
20210611_144005 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Malenko.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#217 7 years ago

Got my SFII about 2 weeks ago, overpaid at $1200 but I had the money and always liked this pin. Didnt notice the right stargate ramp was dead, so I ordered 2 replacement coils (why not do them in pairs , ya know?) and a new rubber kit.

20160514_195154_(resized).jpg20160514_195154_(resized).jpg

#219 7 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

Overpaid for a $1200? GTFO!
This is totally under priced at $1200! in decent shape condition wise.

I was hoping to get it closer to 1,000 because of the coils, and rubbers, and play field wear but its fairly slim picking in Delaware. The chips and dents on the outside don't bother me I'm pretty good with bondo and paint from numerous vid restores. Love this game, the "Stop and Go" play is so different from most pins; its quite refreshing

neogeo_(resized).pngneogeo_(resized).png

2 months later
#226 7 years ago

looks familiar

My replacement MOSFETs came in the mail yesterday, couldn't install them, power was out. They go in tonight! I'm kinda hyped to finally be able to hit the Vega shot without having to go up the Chun Li ramp.

#228 7 years ago

Yeah my Buddy Ken printed out the artwork I made. I ended up designing a completely redone skin for the whole cab. I also redid a few of the stickers in the play field, once they are all sorted I'll get them printed, put everything on the machine, then update the thread.

I attached the pic from the ramp repair thread that Infinite saw and PM'ed me about. And my slightly less terrible top score now.

SFart_(resized).jpgSFart_(resized).jpg
20160722_171544_(resized).jpg20160722_171544_(resized).jpg

4 months later
#241 7 years ago

I got my full art set printed but only put on the head art, dont really have the time or energy to do the body art application. Shout out to STPCore for the print jerb!

20160815_193053 (resized).jpg20160815_193053 (resized).jpg

1 month later
#244 7 years ago

I PM'ed you the details on getting one. Im kinda happy so many people like the translite!

#249 7 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Would be interested in a set of decals AND the translite if you ever offer the package. My cab is trashed.

Just email [email protected] or pm stpcore on here, he has all the art files. If the guy who is somewhat interested in my pin doesnt want the decals I have for the body I'd be willing to sell them to you. I already applied the head art though.

1 week later
#275 7 years ago

looks good! Glad Ken could print you up an Alt translight!

#279 7 years ago

I didn't give you permission to sell my translite.

1 week later
#283 7 years ago

Crazy I have a T2 to the right of my SFII too

pins (resized).jpgpins (resized).jpg

1 month later
#308 7 years ago
Quoted from RetroRefurbs:

We have a brand new alternative translite for SFII!

Neat!
Here is a full sized PNG of it:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9cWp45XToh2aHMxNDVFT0FJNUE

And the editable, layered PSD:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9cWp45XToh2TkxwVHd0TDZSbkk

feel free to download it and get it printed anywhere you want!

SFIISNESbackglass (resized).jpgSFIISNESbackglass (resized).jpg

#310 7 years ago

Hahaha!
Another low quality job malenko - do you not have access to high resolution files which haven't been slammed with JPEG compression?

your google image search must be better than my google image search. That or you think when you have a file that isnt full sized in software that the printer/plotter doesnt upscale it when printing.

http://cdn0.sbnation.com/polygon/sf2-oral-hisotyr-1-2014/05_snesboxart.jpg is the source image I used, and based on the cut offs (white border is) on "your" image, its the same one your "artist" used too.

#312 7 years ago

We don't use Google image search, that's why you're getting crappy images.
It's the same image but we have a scan of the original painting, done at 600dpi

Does Denny Moore know you broke into his house and scanned the airbrushed canvas? Or did Mick McGinty scan it for you before sending it off? Either way, Im sure you totally paid for the licensing to reproduce their copyrighted art. :cheers:

300 dpi is all you need for prints, Im sure the people you outsource all your actual work to know that though

#314 7 years ago

If you take a pic of where it is on the underside, I'll see what I have on mine.

#317 7 years ago

Says
Either 25V or Z5V

104Z

500V

1492191947997-397267943 (resized).jpg1492191947997-397267943 (resized).jpg

1 month later
#334 6 years ago

it was my 2nd pin too, Comet was first, and Terminator 2 was 3rd. Then I pumped my breaks, 3 games in 1 year is enough for a while.

3 weeks later
#355 6 years ago
Quoted from Murphelman:

Where did you order the alternate translate from?

msg stpcore

#358 6 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

I PM'd you the link

There is no link, msg stpcore

#360 6 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

I got a different translite

stpcore can print that one too, better and less expensively.

Side note I HAVE THE WORLDS FIRST COLOR DMD STREET FIGHTER II PIN
flipperchoice (resized).jpgflipperchoice (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#393 6 years ago
Quoted from Murphelman:

Putting some LEDs into my SFII pin

Warm white > cool blue

#401 6 years ago

I'd get a set as well.

#421 6 years ago

That green wire 's just an earth ground, you don't need it but you can tie it into any other earth ground (look for the same colored wire leading to a bolt or screw)

Swapping out the car crush ball for a smaller one makes it a little harder but for me it's not worth the trouble. The more frequently you trigger the mini game per play the shorter the timer gets.

#429 6 years ago

yeah Im 100% in for cliffys.

1 week later
#451 6 years ago
Quoted from smitherssp:

Am I the only one that feels the chung-li shot is harder than the guile shot? I hit guile all the damn time (admittedly by accident) but I swear that spinning flipper breaks my balls every damn time!

invert the motor or remove the flipper

#473 6 years ago
Quoted from brianmcculloh:

Hadn't seen those yet. I'd love to see what they look like installed.

posted before..... its weird to have cammy on them.

#479 6 years ago

no, thats not enough

#489 6 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

I asked Pinball center, they said that rubbers are taken from what is defined in the manual, and it contains the following rubbers:

This is the kit I bought (and from this seller) and it matched up 1 with every rubber in the machine

ebay.com link: itm

2 weeks later
#560 6 years ago

Glad you guys are enjoying the colorization

5 months later
#676 6 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

I never noticed the flashers going 1-2-3 (ready, set, shoot) until you pointed that out, lol

I just close my eyes with the plunger held back, after "shoot" I release a split second later. Bullseyes for daze

2 weeks later
#678 6 years ago

Count Up lights a random shot, uses the score like a reverse timer ; it slowly counts up then gets faster and faster. So the later you hit it, the more its worth, wait too long and it expires.

2 weeks later
#731 6 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

I'd be interested in a 3D printed car but do prefer the red seeing that's the color in the game and on the translite

Alt translight fixes that, and I could offer alt pin2dmd files to make the car grey

1 week later
#752 6 years ago

Can you send me the PSD? I dont use 5 balls per play :/ If not, do you have a version without the ball count? I could photoshop it out, but I'm lazy lol

#762 6 years ago

Im out of the club :/

Returned it to stock, and shipped it out. Same guy bought my MsPac cab. Sold SFII for 1200, MsPac (with 96 in 1) for 750 for those wondering.

stock (resized).jpgstock (resized).jpg

byebyeSFII (resized).jpgbyebyeSFII (resized).jpg

1 week later
#773 6 years ago

wow! great score! You need my alt translate,lol

I found some other pieces of art I made for this game, I'll upload everything to my google drive and post the link. I made a replacement ChunLi spinning graphic, Guile Flash Kick , and others.

#776 6 years ago

I will I promise!

Hectic days at my new job, and I'm going to the Flyers game tonight I should have it up by Saturday.

#784 6 years ago

Needs a CE bezel instead of the regular SFII bezel

#789 6 years ago

WELL, WHY ARENT YOU SHARING IN THIS THREAD BRO???

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Zp1rGF3RRf8rHro5KL2FHlLCjUfojbwL

Full head art
Full body art
backglass
Chun Li spinning bird kick sticker
Guile Flash Kick sticker

Both JPG and layered PSDs

Cannot find the Chun Li ramp or Zangief art I did. Feel free to download and edit the stuff all you want, and get it printed where ever you want. Would prefer you didnt just sell my work, but hey I couldnt stop RetroRefurb from doing it.

#792 6 years ago

pin2DMD not colorDMD

When I colored this game I didnt just colorize the dots, I redrew almost everything.

#795 6 years ago

That snes backglass is pretty effing dope.

I justed added the SNES box art files, both JPG and PSD, thanks.

I got my plug and play set up from Rappelbox but I've heard people have issues with orders being slow. I actually have a spare complete set up, but I'm waiting on a replacement plastic bezel for it, my existing one is cracked unfortunately. If I ever get my vpin back together it was going to go in it, but I'm probably never putting it back together.

I encourage you to use and edit the art as much as you want, that's why I put it out there without watermarking everything like a doosh bag. I actually do have a full print out of the body art that I never applied to the game before selling it and the first Alt translight ever printed. No idea what I'll ever do with them.

#809 6 years ago

I fixed the majority of my ramp and VUK issues by replacing the factory driver board with a Rottendog board

2 weeks later
#858 5 years ago

Anyone comment on the DMD colorization? :p

#860 5 years ago

I was just wondering if anyone even noticed. I can show you how to pull my name out of the attract if you want.

#862 5 years ago

yeap, the malenko trigger frame and you get back the no drugs bit. I actually found my old SFII for sale at Allentown pinfest, made me miss it!

#865 5 years ago

There were 2 SFIIs, I was there satuday. One was on the row closest to the vendors, the other (my old one) was missing the backglass. If you go to the pinfest thread you can see it in one of levi's pix

2 weeks later
#887 5 years ago
Quoted from boslj:

I'm also looking for a Ryu alternate translite.

Msg stpcore He does all my printing and I sent him the original file.

#889 5 years ago

Look forward to seeing some pix! I just gave the original alt to Softstrum and the body art too; so hopefully he can get it installed on my old SFII and post up some pix.

2 weeks later
#896 5 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Does the start button work? Have him check the contacts/solders
Other than that, put in tournament mode. Then turn it off and on again?

^This

#898 5 years ago

stpcore sells the translite. the pin2dmd well theres a couple vendors or you can roll your own. Some of the vendors take a while to ship
I wish Randy would take up on my offer to redo the coloring for ColorDMD instead but until he does pin2dmd is the only way.

2 months later
#937 5 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Well I have officially left the club this afternoon.
Anyways thanks for everything guys + gals![quoted image]

So now I gotta color Tales from the Crypt? :p

#939 5 years ago

good , Im finishing up TMNT and CheckPoint and didn't want to do anymore :p

#941 5 years ago

look for a blown mosfet on the driver board

#947 5 years ago

you can ground out the leg on the MOSFET to test, it'll make the coil fire.

Check the diodes too. You can replace the driver board because the diode is killing the mosfet , all that's going to happen is the new board is going to work until the diode kills the new one.

#949 5 years ago

The diode for the coil that fires from that MOSFET, I'm not sure where it is. I don't have my SFII anymore.

2 months later
#973 5 years ago
Quoted from bimm25i:

Looking good Malenko!!!
Where do i PayPal the thank you? [quoted image]

https://www.paypal.me/Malenk0
I'm just glad you're enjoying it!

Time to get the Alt backglass from stpcore hahahaha

#976 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

Here is a new SF2 alt trans with an easier on the eyes Chun Li
[quoted image]

I like the concept, but its too many mixed art styles. The mini roman numeral II is also...…...weird.

2 weeks later
#986 5 years ago

That's a pretty sweet Dynamo HS5 , time to get a pin2dmd

3 months later
#1014 5 years ago
Quoted from Bladesii:

Are you still making/selling these? So cool hats off to ya for the creativity and work!

http://www.randompinball.com/ New URL, he still sells them. If I still had an SF2 I'd prolly get one

#1020 5 years ago

If the hole is worn, Cliffys are the better option.

2 months later
#1088 4 years ago
Quoted from Bladesii:

Are any of these available still?

pm stpcore he's the only person I gave permission to resell my translights

#1091 4 years ago
Quoted from Bladesii:

Oh ic, retro refurbs has that translite on their site as I checked after my wall post

retro (resized).JPGretro (resized).JPG

Yeah, he admitted he stole the design, said he'd only sell the 3 he printed, promised me he'd pull them down, and he still sells them 2 years later. So even though he said he isnt one, he's an asshole.

EDIT: Also, he's banned from pinside for selling copyrighted work

#1093 4 years ago

I used the Ryu as a source. I color balanced and made edits to maximize the usage of the lights behind the image. I added the appropriate logos in a spaces that again would maximize the light source behind the translight and make sense with composition. I consider it a derivative work, never claimed it was more than that. I even uploaded the PSD/JPG for people to get it printed where ever they wanted.

I'm irritated that he promised to stop selling them, and yet he still continues to. Has nothing to do with copyrights or trademarks, but with someone not keeping their word.

1 month later
#1102 4 years ago

If I remember correctly, freeplay was only enabled in tournament mode. You can still alter the game setup to your liking.

1 week later
#1107 4 years ago

You gotta swap that translight out lol

I really like the speakers.

3 months later
#1140 4 years ago

you make me miss my street fighter pin

2 months later
#1161 4 years ago

Lookin good. Part of me wants to go back and recolor and redo some pin2DMD stuff. Like make the defeated fighter screens replacement scenes with redrawn sprites, you'll lose the "8 fighters remaining" part but the grphics would be much improved. The Vega shot not always triggering has also bothered me.

I really do miss my SF2 pin

1 month later
#1186 4 years ago

Just see where you hit, if its early, wait a little longer, if its late, shoot earlier.

You dont shoot the moment she says shoot, or you'll never get a bullseye.

3 months later
#1212 3 years ago
Quoted from keninem:

Anyone know an easy way to get to these to replace them?

Can you get to it from the bottom?

#1215 3 years ago
Quoted from phoenix_iii:

Looking for the alternate translite. Only finding it overseas?

My ALT or a different one?

1 week later
#1220 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballbrat:

ebay.com link » Street Fighter 2 Pinball Alternate Translite

ewwwww

Also Cammy isnt in SF2CE

6 months later
#1272 3 years ago
Quoted from Bennyv07:

They would definitely look better on the playfield without the "CONTINUE?" base but I paid a pretty penny for them so I don't wont to destroy them either.

Piece of black electrical tape?

8 months later
#1326 2 years ago
Quoted from statictrance:

Is Malenko still around/active in here?

Hi! Glad to see people still use the colorization. I really miss my SFII but the cheapest one I found around here was over 2 grand :/

^Those are the latest files still. I thought about a 64 color edition, but I only want to do it if I had the actual machine to enjoy them on.

8 months later
#1337 1 year ago

Just get a Pin2DMD , game is already colorized and everything.

8 months later
#1368 1 year ago
Quoted from Bennyv07:

Can you point me in the right direction for the Pin2DMD mod and what files to use and how to load them, thanks

I don't know who sells them, but I colored this game and the files have been and always will be free. I just dont know how much longer I'll be hosting them.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/11943h3wAwrh8SlF1gQAbhrwO-F3bt_X0

4 months later
#1379 9 months ago
Quoted from Bennyv07:

Malenko Is it fairly easy to edit the Pin2dmd files? I love the colorization and animations you made, but there are a few elements I would love to clean up a bit. Like, the Losing Faces after beating a Fighter, i want to edit them to look more like the video games plus the Ken & Ryu shot when the fireworks go off… I’d like to mess around with that a bit and add some color. Thanks.

source files are there for you to poke around with. i cant say if it'll be easy for you or not, some people are more adept than others. Faces look the way they do because its a dynamic scene (fighters remaining count varies) and at the time I was very limited on colors. new versions give you more colors to work with. I look forward to seeing what you can do.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
2,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Marietta, GA
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Malenko.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/street-fighter-club-all-welcomeready-set-shoot?tu=Malenko and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.