(Topic ID: 97724)

Street Fighter club, all welcome.....ready, set, shoot!

By Damon

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,404 posts
  • 143 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 52 days ago by Parkshow30
  • Topic is favorited by 37 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Flipper Schematic (resized).jpg
Pinside_forum_7868980_0 (resized).jpg
20231114_164512 (resized).jpg
flipper diagram (resized).png
Pinside_forum_7860116_0 (resized).jpg
20231109_140205 (resized).jpg
20231109_135954 (resized).jpg
Pinside_forum_7848151_0 (resized).jpg
Pinside_forum_7848151_1 (resized).jpg
20231102_131655 (resized).jpg
20231102_131352 (resized).jpg
20230417_201716 (resized).jpg
18103D72-1BCF-4262-ADE2-A2B8DC2DE086 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_1787855_390879 (resized).jpg
20210611_144033 (resized).jpg
20210611_144005 (resized).jpg
There are 1,404 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 29.
#401 6 years ago

I'd get a set as well.

#402 6 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

I'd get a set as well.

Make it three so far

Any other takers?

#403 6 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Make it three so far
Any other takers?

I emailed him about a set as well. haven't ordered yet so if it's still open I will be #4 for a set.

#404 6 years ago
Quoted from Murphelman:

I emailed him about a set as well. haven't ordered yet so if it's still open I will be #4 for a set.

Sure thing! That's four sets so far. Just waiting for a reply. Once he gets back to me I'll bring everyone up to speed.

#405 6 years ago

Hell - throw me in for a set of the hole covers too. Mine aren't bad, but there is definite paint loss I'd be better off protecting. I wanted to buy them sooner, but I didn't see an SF2 set and kinda lost sight of it.

#406 6 years ago
Quoted from statictrance:

Hell - throw me in for a set of the hole covers too. Mine aren't bad, but there is definite paint loss I'd be better off protecting. I wanted to buy them sooner, but I didn't see an SF2 set and kinda lost sight of it.

Roger that!! 5 sets so far...

***any updates on your f25 ramp fuse situation @statictrance? I'm curious if it's been rectified

#407 6 years ago

I'll take a set too

#408 6 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

I'll take a set too

So we're at 6 sets of cliffy protectors for SF2.

The minute Cliffy responds I'll convey the information and price.

#409 6 years ago

yep - I posted it over in my question thread. After some additional trial and error with the glass off (toddler twins take up all my time - but are now 2 floors above the pins instead of right above them allowing me to be far noisier at nights), I found it was a mechanical issue. I was testing after doing some back and forth and after plenty of successful fires, I heard the whole coil hum loudly - slowly move, then stop and blow the fuse. I never noticed it before until I heard the hum cause I had the glass off, knowing I had a physical issue - not an electrical one

The coil and link must have been removed at one time, and the screws attaching it back were changed to ones that didn't quite fit (too loose). The caused the link to have additional play in it - though not in the upright positon when I was testing it - and when the playfield was down, it would occasionally bind up.

#410 6 years ago

yep - I posted it over in my question thread. After some additional trial and error with the glass off (toddler twins take up all my time - but are now 2 floors above the pins instead of right above them allowing me to be far noisier at nights), I found it was a mechanical issue. I was testing after doing some back and forth and after plenty of successful fires, I heard the whole coil hum loudly - slowly move, then stop and blow the fuse. I never noticed it before until I heard the hum cause I had the glass off
The coil and link must have been removed at one time, and the screws attaching it back were changed to ones that didn't quite fit (too loose). The caused the link to have additional play in it - though not in the upright positon when I was testing it - and when the playfield was down, it would occasionally bind up.

Hmmmmm......interesting. I'll have to take a closer looks at mine. Thanks for the update!

#411 6 years ago

FYI I msg'd cliffy a few weeks back and he said he had an unpopulated playfield for SF2 . He said he was working on new protectors for other areas and possibly a shooter lane one. Maybe follow up as there would be interes in that

#412 6 years ago
Quoted from Boat:

FYI I msg'd cliffy a few weeks back and he said he had an unpopulated playfield for SF2 . He said he was working on new protectors for other areas and possibly a shooter lane one. Maybe follow up as there would be interes in that

21bc4e7302b5f0f578da9c2327976d78051c46b5444d722112bad6195fd17f0a[1] (resized).jpg21bc4e7302b5f0f578da9c2327976d78051c46b5444d722112bad6195fd17f0a[1] (resized).jpg

#413 6 years ago
Quoted from Boat:

He mentioned that this week to me as well. Also said he was about 3 weeks behind. Must be a busy guy doing this all himself.

#414 6 years ago

I mean - it looks me 4 weeks to find the time to fix my ramps. I can't say I'm in any major hurry. If he gets a protector for the ball drop in the back, I know I have a wear spot there on mine that could use some loving. I can't think of any area elsewhere that needs protection/attention.

played another 4 games last night in and between fixing a Chicago Coin Sound Stage stepper. No ramp issues. The months long saga of WTF may really and truly be over.

#415 6 years ago

Anyone ever run into this stuck ball issue? It seems like the vertical bracket isn't aligned vertically enough with the corkscrew. I was thinking of using a small piece of 3M VHB double sided tape to adhere it to the red plastic. Thoughts?

20170630_175415 (resized).jpg20170630_175415 (resized).jpg

#416 6 years ago

a protector for the sagat/dhalsim saucer would be nice.

#417 6 years ago
Quoted from smitherssp:

Anyone ever run into this stuck ball issue? It seems like the vertical bracket isn't aligned vertically enough with the corkscrew. I was thinking of using a small piece of 3M VHB double sided tape to adhere it to the red plastic. Thoughts?

I had this happen when I first got my machine. I just bent the metal l bracket to fit tightly against the spiral and haven't had this happen in years. Your tape idea should also work, any way you can get the metal bracket against the spiral.

#418 6 years ago
Quoted from smitherssp:

Finally got hang of a ball last night and stuckied one in the exact same spot. It happens when you have the incline up to the maximum (which you need to do, otherwise the game is way too easy). I've been thinking of getting a small piece of clear plastic and curving it around the corkscrew.

#419 6 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

a protector for the sagat/dhalsim saucer would be nice.

I second that one!

#420 6 years ago

Fellow Street fighters! I finally got the machine set up (down?) and started cleaning the playfield and also looking over fuses and coils. 1. All fuses look good.
2. Coils show no sign of stress.
3. Playfield is basically just dirty as hell, beneath it looks good.
4. A little sign of wear around the lower-playfield plastic...any tips to prevent this from further wear? Just put a large piece of mylar over the whole plastic "window" and a little over the pf around?
5. A cable to the subwoofer is cut off...any idea where this should go? See photo. Its the green one.
6. The ramp flap metal has started to rust, tried sandpapering it and it should be playable, have to decide wether to buy new ones.
7. The lithium battery seems to have started to acid slightly, so will have to replace it anyhow. See what replacement I use.

So, will start top shopping it in not too long. Rubber kit and LEDs will be ordered then.
A couple questions;
* What should I order for the flippers to get "normal" playing flipper bats and functionality?
* What size of ball for the underplayfield should I buy to make it harder? Heard of buying a smaller pinball for this.
* Any tips for the best battery replacement?

Added some photos beneath from the process, some before/after and general photos.

sf2_pf_dirty1 (resized).jpgsf2_pf_dirty1 (resized).jpg
sf2_pf_dirty_top (resized).jpgsf2_pf_dirty_top (resized).jpg
sf2_pf_dirty_rightramp (resized).jpgsf2_pf_dirty_rightramp (resized).jpg
sf2_dirty_paper (resized).jpgsf2_dirty_paper (resized).jpg
sf2_pf_first clean (resized).jpgsf2_pf_first clean (resized).jpg
sf2_pf_clean_top (resized).jpgsf2_pf_clean_top (resized).jpg
sf2_pf_under (resized).jpgsf2_pf_under (resized).jpg
sf2_cabinet_overview (resized).jpgsf2_cabinet_overview (resized).jpg
sf2_wubwoofer_loose cable (resized).jpgsf2_wubwoofer_loose cable (resized).jpg
sf2_battery_top (resized).jpgsf2_battery_top (resized).jpg
sf2_battery_under (resized).jpgsf2_battery_under (resized).jpg

sf2_pf_dirty_leftramp (resized).jpgsf2_pf_dirty_leftramp (resized).jpg

#421 6 years ago

That green wire 's just an earth ground, you don't need it but you can tie it into any other earth ground (look for the same colored wire leading to a bolt or screw)

Swapping out the car crush ball for a smaller one makes it a little harder but for me it's not worth the trouble. The more frequently you trigger the mini game per play the shorter the timer gets.

#422 6 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

Swapping out the car crush ball for a smaller one makes it a little harder but for me it's not worth the trouble. The more frequently you trigger the mini game per play the shorter the timer gets.

I'm in agreement on this. Some of the later car crush are almost impossible even with the standard ball so I recommend keeping it normal sized.

For the flippers, I recommend looking in the manual and replacing and parts individually and cleaning up the parts in there that may be usable. Mine were much much better afterward. I bought it all from Marcos. Let me know if you need a picture of that schematic for part numbers.

#423 6 years ago
Quoted from ZeldaOoT:

I'm in agreement on this. Some of the later car crush are almost impossible even with the standard ball so I recommend keeping it normal sized.
For the flippers, I recommend looking in the manual and replacing and parts individually and cleaning up the parts in there that may be usable. Mine were much much better afterward. I bought it all from Marcos. Let me know if you need a picture of that schematic for part numbers.

I guess i should clarify regarding the flippers:
Since it will be used in tournaments and also since im a sadist, i want to make it hard to cut down ball time. Remove center posts, outlane posts etc. I heard it is possible to use some other flipper assembly parts so that the flipper wont have such a typical cradle-angle, thus making it much harder to trap up.

Will another coil stop make this possible?

#424 6 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

Will another coil stop make this possible?

Ahh, got it. Yeah, I've played one system 3 game (stargate) where they swapped for slightly longer coil stops or a longer plunger. Can't remember which but it played with less cradle. Couldn't tell you the exact part number, sorry.

#425 6 years ago

Cliffy got back to me and his SF2 protectors will be placed in queue. I guess hed backed up??

Nothing about price though....

#426 6 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Cliffy got back to me and his SF2 protectors will be placed in queue. I guess hed backed up??
Nothing about price though....

Paid around 60usd for sf2 prots, rbion 3piece protector set plus shipping to norway, would assume the sf2 set is around 30 usd..

#427 6 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

Paid around 60usd for sf2 prots, rbion 3piece protector set plus shipping to norway, would assume the sf2 set is around 30 usd..

He quotes me $37 US shipped for a single order. Maybe better prices with the group buy.

#428 6 years ago
Quoted from Murphelman:

He quotes me $37 US shipped for a single order. Maybe better prices with the group buy.

Here's hoping. We have about 7 guys who want protectors for SF2

#429 6 years ago

yeah Im 100% in for cliffys.

#430 6 years ago

They're great...!!!.........Joey

IMG_3860 (resized).JPGIMG_3860 (resized).JPG

#431 6 years ago

Regarding flipper rubbers; Is it the same flipper rubber size for all...5 flippers in this game? Is it just a standard rubber size or is it something gottlieb specific sizes?

Thanks!

#432 6 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

Regarding flipper rubbers; Is it the same flipper rubber size for all...5 flippers in this game? Is it just a standard rubber size or is it something gottlieb specific sizes?
Thanks!

Same standard size for all. I use the narrow ones.

#433 6 years ago
Quoted from ZeldaOoT:

Thanks!

What is the physical difference when playing?

#434 6 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

Thanks!
What is the physical difference when playing?

I made the mistake of putting superbands into mine. they are a little wider than the groove in the flipper bats. When I played the balls kept going airborne so I had to put the old ones back on. I think you need to make sure they fit in the groove on the flipper.

#435 6 years ago
Quoted from Murphelman:

I made the mistake of putting superbands into mine. they are a little wider than the groove in the flipper bats. When I played the balls kept going airborne so I had to put the old ones back on. I think you need to make sure they fit in the groove on the flipper.

This is my experience also- they were the wide bands when I got the machine so I swapped. Marcos actually has a narrow super band which is what I use and they fit the gottlieb flipper bat grooves very well. I recommend them. Additionally, I think they look very nice.

#436 6 years ago
Quoted from ZeldaOoT:

This is my experience also- they were the wide bands when I got the machine so I swapped. Marcos actually has a narrow super band which is what I use and they fit the gottlieb flipper bat grooves very well. I recommend them. Additionally, I think they look very nice.

Cool, I just dont want superbands on this machine for the moment
So I assume this would work fine, a pure normal red rubber?

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/38-6519-4

#437 6 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

Cool, I just dont want superbands on this machine for the moment
So I assume this would work fine, a pure normal red rubber?

Mine are 3/8" but I think those should work just fine

#438 6 years ago
Quoted from ZeldaOoT:

For Gottlieb machines you want the 3/8 rather than the standard 1/2 inch wide rubbers. The 1/2 inch ones sorta fit, but they don't seat into the groove properly. You will get more air balls or playfield wear depending on which side is sitting proud of the groove.

I see the wrong ones on Gottliebs all the time. Here are the parts at Marcos just to see the difference.

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/38-10802
VS

#439 6 years ago
Quoted from ZeldaOoT:

Mine are 3/8" but I think those should work just fine

I got beat to the punch I was interrupted while responding at work

#441 6 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Here's hoping. We have about 7 guys who want protectors for SF2

I had 2 of them already on the machine I bought, however the hold at the top I'm missing one.
Does the set comes with that piece as well? If so would be interested too.

protector_01 (resized).jpgprotector_01 (resized).jpg

protector_03 (resized).jpgprotector_03 (resized).jpg

protector_02 (resized).jpgprotector_02 (resized).jpg

#442 6 years ago
Quoted from psychopat:

I had 2 of them already on the machine I bought, however the hold at the top I'm missing one.
Does the set comes with that piece as well? If so would be interested too.

The top sagat hole isn't available, although I wish it was also.

#443 6 years ago

I have it from a reliable source that Cliff may be working on a new set the Sagat hole, and ball drop/eject area at the top left of the playfield.

#444 6 years ago

I just gotta say that the Guile shot has to be one of the most satisfying shots when you hit it cleanly.

Especially when it's for 300,000,000!!

#445 6 years ago
Quoted from uncivil_engineer:

I have it from a reliable source that Cliff may be working on a new set the Sagat hole, and ball drop/eject area at the top left of the playfield.

Here's hoping!! I really want some cliffy protectors!!

#446 6 years ago
Quoted from Murphelman:

I just gotta say that the Guile shot has to be one of the most satisfying shots when you hit it cleanly.

Protip - Leave one of the easy shots for last - then that one becomes re-makeable for 300m until you end your multiball. Hello Billions of points.

#447 6 years ago
Quoted from Murphelman:

I know! I hit that exact shot for the 300m in my best game ever (I believe a 970m game).

Protip - Leave one of the easy shots for last - then that one becomes re-makeable for 300m until you end your multiball. Hello Billions of points.

I need to work on keeping multiple balls on the field at once. During multiballs I'm always frantically trying to just hit every jackpot target I can. If I can master this pro tip I will finally break a billion.

#448 6 years ago

I have been trying that but either the ball drains or the sling shots or rebounds hit the easy jackpot inadvertently.

Still love that Guile shot though!

#449 6 years ago

I thought I had joined the club already but apparently I didn't. Don't worry everybody, here I am. I loved changing out the T-molding. I think I looks way better with some new fresh molding. I bought it to put on location, first time at my old sportclub, just to introduce some people to pinball and there wasn't anything near. But it made like 30 bucks in half a year I will probably sell it sometime but I don't hate the game. I did the longer coilstop mod which I feel like is a must, otherwise it's just to easy but not everybody will agree. Because I put it on location I wanted silicone rubbers and led lighting to keep the machine cool and clean. here are some pics
WP_20161127_13_21_31_Pro (resized).jpgWP_20161127_13_21_31_Pro (resized).jpgWP_20170104_22_12_26_Pro (resized).jpgWP_20170104_22_12_26_Pro (resized).jpgWP_20161224_15_47_31_Pro (resized).jpgWP_20161224_15_47_31_Pro (resized).jpg

#450 6 years ago

Am I the only one that feels the chung-li shot is harder than the guile shot? I hit guile all the damn time (admittedly by accident) but I swear that spinning flipper breaks my balls every damn time!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

2,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Marietta, GA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,404 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 29.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/street-fighter-club-all-welcomeready-set-shoot/page/9?hl=brianmcculloh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.