(Topic ID: 97724)

Street Fighter club, all welcome.....ready, set, shoot!

By Damon

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,404 posts
  • 143 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 53 days ago by Parkshow30
  • Topic is favorited by 37 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Flipper Schematic (resized).jpg
Pinside_forum_7868980_0 (resized).jpg
20231114_164512 (resized).jpg
flipper diagram (resized).png
Pinside_forum_7860116_0 (resized).jpg
20231109_140205 (resized).jpg
20231109_135954 (resized).jpg
Pinside_forum_7848151_0 (resized).jpg
Pinside_forum_7848151_1 (resized).jpg
20231102_131655 (resized).jpg
20231102_131352 (resized).jpg
20230417_201716 (resized).jpg
18103D72-1BCF-4262-ADE2-A2B8DC2DE086 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_1787855_390879 (resized).jpg
20210611_144033 (resized).jpg
20210611_144005 (resized).jpg
There are 1,404 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 29.
#351 6 years ago

Had mine for about a week and just cracked a half billion! First game after installing the new translite. It must bring good luck!

20170620_191638 (resized).jpg20170620_191638 (resized).jpg

#352 6 years ago
Quoted from smitherssp:

Had mine for about a week and just cracked a half billion! First game after installing the new translite. It must bring good luck!

I ordered an alternate translate last week. Hopefully It brings me some luck as well

#353 6 years ago

Late to the club but happy to say I'm now part of it. Picked up mine two weeks ago. Can't wait to work on it. 2nd one I have owned. Had one 9 years ago and wife made me sell to make room for a daycare...paid double to buy it again now.

20170620_225954 (resized).jpg20170620_225954 (resized).jpg

#354 6 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

I ordered an alternate translate last week. Hopefully It brings me some luck as well

Where did you order the alternate translate from?

#355 6 years ago
Quoted from Murphelman:

msg stpcore

#356 6 years ago
Quoted from Murphelman:

I PM'd you the link

#357 6 years ago

Rumor has it that the man that did the graphic design is the Godfather of SFII pinball..

#358 6 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

I PM'd you the link

There is no link, msg stpcore

#359 6 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

There is no link, msg stpcore

I got a different translite

#360 6 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

I got a different translite

stpcore can print that one too, better and less expensively.

Side note I HAVE THE WORLDS FIRST COLOR DMD STREET FIGHTER II PIN
flipperchoice (resized).jpgflipperchoice (resized).jpg

#361 6 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

Side note I HAVE THE WORLDS FIRST COLOR DMD STREET FIGHTER II PIN

That's so awesome Malenko!! You put a ton of hours into this project so others could also enjoy it. Well done!!

#362 6 years ago

Putting together a group buy for the displays. If anyone is interested PM me.

#363 6 years ago

Added this to my Streetfighter today. think it fits in pretty well.

20170627_084521 (resized).jpg20170627_084521 (resized).jpg

#364 6 years ago

Nice! Whered you get that?

#365 6 years ago

Who has the cliffy protectors on their machine? I'm about to put mine back together after shopping and am trying to decide if I should install them. Does it play any differently? The edges of the holes aren't that bad, mainly just paint loss.

SFOutHoles (resized).jpgSFOutHoles (resized).jpg

#366 6 years ago
Quoted from latenite04:

Who has the cliffy protectors on their machine? I'm about to put mine back together after shopping and am trying to decide if I should install them. Does it play any differently? The edges of the holes aren't that bad, mainly just paint loss.

Just google cliffy pinball protectors, i ordered a set from him last month. The main reason for getting cliffys is too prevent further damage so i would say it is important

#367 6 years ago

I have them and it doesn't affect the play at all either

#368 6 years ago

Do you have to email to request those? Or does another game's fit?

#369 6 years ago

I also have the cliffys. I messaged Cliffy on pinside to order. Doesn't effect gameplay, looks nice, and definitely protects the machine.

#370 6 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Nice! Whered you get that?

It's actually the Wii Amiibo. Cut the bottom stand off of him and glued him to the Bumper.

#371 6 years ago

Thanks for the replies, I'll be installing a set.

#372 6 years ago

Just throwing this out here since there's a ton of SF2 enthusiasts in this thread. I'm looking for a under playfield plastic ramp part (#29514) for the Bison/Balrog VUK. Mine is cracked and finished....causing the pinball to sometimes get stuck in the vuk unless I nudge the right side of the machine.

Not a big problem but something I'd like to fix. All of the used ones I found online are in horrible shape.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/street-fighter-2-plastic-ramp-29514#post-3848353

Any help/advice in obtaining one would be appreciated!

#373 6 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Just throwing this out here since there's a ton of SF2 enthusiasts in this thread. I'm looking for a under playfield plastic ramp part (#29514) for the Bison/Balrog VUK. Mine is cracked and finished....causing the pinball to sometimes get stuck in the vuk unless I nudge the right side of the machine.
Not a big problem but something I'd like to fix. All of the used ones I found online are in horrible shape.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/street-fighter-2-plastic-ramp-29514#post-3848353

#374 6 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

» YouTube video

That seems overkill for such a small piece. And to be honest, probably a little too much for me to do. I may just try turning the plastic part a few degrees and hope that'll stop the ball from getting stuck in that little crevice.

It also looks like the part isn't lined up properly with the manufacturer's green outline under the playfield.

#375 6 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

That seems overkill for such a small piece. And to be honest, probably a little too much for me to do. I may just try turning the plastic part a few degrees and hope that'll stop the ball from getting stuck in that little crevice.
It also looks like the part isn't lined up properly with the manufacturer's green outline under the playfield.

it will make you appreciate the cost of a new ramp!

#376 6 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

If you search this page on the part number it looks like pbresource has them.
http://www.pbresource.com/pfplayf.htm

Do you have a picture of it, maybe someone can suggest a fix for yours.

#377 6 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

it will make you appreciate the cost of a new ramp!

It wasn't an actual ramp so that's why I figured it was a bit overkill.

(Enclosed is a stock image of the part....mine had a minor crack in one of the screw holes. )

Quoted from latenite04:

If you search this page on the part number it looks like pbresource has them.
http://www.pbresource.com/pfplayf.htm
Do you have a picture of it, maybe someone can suggest a fix for yours.

I didn't take any pictures but managed to unscrew and turn the part a few degrees towards the side of the cabinet. (That's where the little crevice was that allowed the pinball to sometimes get stuck) The part simply needed a slight adjustment and alignment. Now the pinball can't get stuck anywhere

Thanks for the input folks!

4d7ac15dab453227f2da2c91f49694a157c1e713.jpg4d7ac15dab453227f2da2c91f49694a157c1e713.jpg

#378 6 years ago

And I may have quoted the wrong part number....sorry. Was referencing from Marcos

#379 6 years ago

I ordered a bad shape one from ebay that was better than mine a month ago. However, in the meantime, I just built the old one back up with epoxy.

#380 6 years ago

I have this 12 inch Ryu figure I got with my Street fighter 5 collectors edition. I want to use it as a topper. It will look pretty good on top of the pin. My problem is it's pretty substantial and I want to secure it properly because if is falls off it will shatter the glass. never added a topper before and wondering how the best way to secure it properly so it won't fall.

a8d2d1e29cb1bedf56762739b41b4815 (resized).jpga8d2d1e29cb1bedf56762739b41b4815 (resized).jpg

#381 6 years ago
Quoted from Murphelman:

I have this 12 inch Ryu figure I got with my Street fighter 5 collectors edition. I want to use it as a topper. It will look pretty good on top of the pin. My problem is it's pretty substantial and I want to secure it properly because if is falls off it will shatter the glass. never added a topper before and wondering how the best way to secure it properly so it won't fall.

velcro under his feet and a whoa shit strap around his waist! (wire or string) to back of game head so he does not fall off. a Ryu life line if you will. LOL GL cool looking figure. and also a small led strip infront of his feet shinning up at him.

#382 6 years ago

Got my first billion game today! WOOT

20170707_225339 (resized).jpg20170707_225339 (resized).jpg

#383 6 years ago
Quoted from smitherssp:

Got my first billion game today! WOOT

Nice smitherssp !!! I keep falling just short of 1 billion.

#384 6 years ago

Quick question about cliffy's for the E.Honda & M.Bison/Balrog holes. I'm wondering if it's a good idea to protect them before the wear and tear gets out of hand.

Does anyone have them installed? And if so.....

a) How do you like them?
b) Where did you get them?
c) Do they cause friction with the pinball that may cause damage to the pinball (and possibly the playfield)?

Thanks in advance

#385 6 years ago

I have a set I purchased for the SF2 I am restoring. Obviously, I haven't installed them yet, so I can't comment on their performance, or if the effect the game play. I can tell you they are removable if you don't like them. You can buy them directly from cliff at http://www.passionforpinball.com.
I don't think he has them listed on his site, but if you email him, I bet he would make you a set.

I've had cliffy's on a few machine, and I personally think they are well worth installing before the wear starts.

#386 6 years ago
Quoted from uncivil_engineer:

I have a set I purchased for the SF2 I am restoring. Obviously, I haven't installed them yet, so I can't comment on their performance, or if the effect the game play. I can tell you they are removable if you don't like them. You can buy them directly from cliff at http://www.passionforpinball.com.
I don't think he has them listed on his site, but if you email him, I bet he would make you a set.
I've had cliffy's on a few machine, and I personally think they are well worth installing before the wear starts.

Ok thanks for the information @uncivil_engineer.

Since you've had them installed on other machines.....does the pinball and cliffy protector rub against each other as the pinball passes above/on them? Does it cause scrapping/denting/chipping on the pinball that could damage the playfield?

#387 6 years ago

edit: double post editing typos

#388 6 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

a) How do you like them?
b) Where did you get them?
c) Do they cause friction with the pinball that may cause damage to the pinball (and possibly the playfield)?

A) love them. Looks great and saves the playfield from wear.
B) I messaged cliffy here on pinside and he directed me for how to order them.
C) it's possible they may knick the balls a little quicker but I think SF2 wears pinballs down as a whole because of how the wire ramps all end with the ball smacking metal. The drop holes, etc, also probably contribute. It's nothing I've ever been concerned with and replace the balls regularly in all my machines anyway. Cheap maintenance to keep the machines in top shape.

Overall, I highly recommend and find them beneficial.

EDIT- I also use cliffy's on my monopoly and my dad has them on his Jurassic Park. The layout makes the SF2 ones a little trickier with the adhesion so I highly recommend cleaning the playfield well so the 3M sticks properly the first time. I had to go back and re-adhere one on SF2 the first time I put them on because I had wax under it. Oops.

#389 6 years ago
Quoted from ZeldaOoT:

A) love them. Looks great and saves the playfield from wear.
B) I messaged cliffy here on pinside and he directed me for how to order them.
C) it's possible they may knick the balls a little quicker but I think SF2 wears pinballs down as a whole because of how the wire ramps all end with the ball smacking metal. The drop holes, etc, also probably contribute. It's nothing I've ever been concerned with and replace the balls regularly in all my machines anyway. Cheap maintenance to keep the machines in top shape.
Overall, I highly recommend and find them beneficial.
EDIT- I also use cliffy's on my monopoly and my dad has them on his Jurassic Park. The layout makes the SF2 ones a little trickier with the adhesion so I highly recommend cleaning the playfield well so the 3M sticks properly the first time. I had to go back and re-adhere one on SF2 the first time I put them on because I had wax under it. Oops.

Awesome....thanks for all the info guys!!

I'll message Cliffy this week and order a set. SF2 isn't going anywhere, EVER!! So I may as well take good care of her

#390 6 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Awesome....thanks for all the info guys!!
I'll message Cliffy this week and order a set. SF2 isn't going anywhere, EVER!! So I may as well take good care of her

Let me know how it goes. I'd be interested in a set as well.

#391 6 years ago

Putting some LEDs into my SFII pin. First time doing LEDs. I think I like the outcome. A little more tweaking to do and then it will be good.

before and after.

Realized after the pictures were taken that before LED had lights in the room on. other didn't.

20170710_192846 (resized).jpg20170710_192846 (resized).jpg
20170711_203540 (resized).jpg20170711_203540 (resized).jpg

#392 6 years ago

Anyone havesome spare lane guide plastics and the plastic to the right of the right ramp they want to sell?

Mine have been stressed or gotten som shit while being stored without glass for some years.
I marked the plastics in green circles

sf2 (resized).pngsf2 (resized).png

#393 6 years ago
Quoted from Murphelman:

Putting some LEDs into my SFII pin

Warm white > cool blue

#394 6 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

Warm white > cool blue

Ya im not a fan. All the GI should be warm white. The inserts can be cool, but the GI definitely needs warm.

#395 6 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Ya im not a fan. All the GI should be warm white. The inserts can be cool, but the GI definitely needs warm.

I have whites too. haven't tired them out yet. Like I said it's my first time so experimenting with colours etc. I'll try the whites and see how it looks. Thought the blues might look nice. Maybe the white will surprise me. I used blues in the inserts for the character names which do look nice. Maybe blue overkill.

Thanks for the tips guys.

#396 6 years ago
Quoted from latenite04:

The Cliffy's look good and protect nicely. I have a few machines with his products.

The only thing I would add: If you have damaged holes already , fix the damage with wood filler to support the Cliffy. On my SF2, the previous owner covered damage with cliffy's. They began to bend and reject balls, because they were not supported underneath. I bought a new set and then used epoxy wood filler to reconstruct the holes. Put the new Cliffy's on and it seems to be holding up better. I sold it, but I see the owner on occasion and I always ask.

I also took pictures and fully disclosed the repair.

#397 6 years ago

Thanks for this excellent advice. I would for sure have just bolted them on and have been done with it. Can you specify what epoxy brand/model you used?
Thanks!
Smithers

#398 6 years ago
Quoted from smitherssp:

Can you specify what epoxy brand/model you used?

I don't remember off the top of my head. I used a 2 part wood product, but Bondo or JB weld would also work. I would check the playfield repair thread by the much more qualified vid1900 . I cleaned the holes up good and then roughed them up including small holes to hold the filler.

It's hard to tell from pictures, but if most of the material is there you may not need wood filler. Wait till you have the protectors and see how much is unsupported on the inside of the hole.

#399 6 years ago
Quoted from zimjoe:

I don't remember off the top of my head. I used a 2 part wood product, but Bondo or JB weld would also work. I would check the playfield repair thread by the much more qualified vid1900 . I cleaned the holes up good and then roughed them up including small holes to hold the filler.
It's hard to tell from pictures, but if most of the material is there you may not need wood filler. Wait till you have the protectors and see how much is unsupported on the inside of the hole.

Thanks. The holes on mine are in good physical shape but the paint around them had chipped.

Quoted from smitherssp:

Can you specify what epoxy brand/model you used?
Thanks!
Smithers

I used Dap Plastic Wood to fix the jump ramp on my South Park Kenny hole and it has been holding up without an issue for over a year. I did exactly what zimjoe said, clean up any loose wood fibers and drill some small holes into the solid wood to give it support.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/DAP-Plastic-4-oz-Wood-Filler/4013497

#400 6 years ago
Quoted from smitherssp:

Let me know how it goes. I'd be interested in a set as well.

I messaged Cliffy on Pinside....just waiting to hear back from him. We can do a 2 man group buy perhaps if he can accommodate SF2?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

2,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Marietta, GA
There are 1,404 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 29.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/street-fighter-club-all-welcomeready-set-shoot/page/8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.