(Topic ID: 97724)

Street Fighter club, all welcome.....ready, set, shoot!

By Damon

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,404 posts
  • 143 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 48 days ago by Parkshow30
  • Topic is favorited by 37 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Flipper Schematic (resized).jpg
Pinside_forum_7868980_0 (resized).jpg
20231114_164512 (resized).jpg
flipper diagram (resized).png
Pinside_forum_7860116_0 (resized).jpg
20231109_140205 (resized).jpg
20231109_135954 (resized).jpg
Pinside_forum_7848151_0 (resized).jpg
Pinside_forum_7848151_1 (resized).jpg
20231102_131655 (resized).jpg
20231102_131352 (resized).jpg
20230417_201716 (resized).jpg
18103D72-1BCF-4262-ADE2-A2B8DC2DE086 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_1787855_390879 (resized).jpg
20210611_144033 (resized).jpg
20210611_144005 (resized).jpg
There are 1,404 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 29.
#301 7 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

#1 There is no coil in the shooter lane. Either your spring needs replacement, or something is bent or misaligned with the wire form coming out of the shooter lane.
#2 There is no car replacement other than is Steve Young has one over at Pinball Resource. I have seen people replace theirs with models, etc. It can be done.

I second #1- the spring probably could use replacement. If it is hitting the wire form on the way up, make sure the bolt holding it down is tightened appropriately from the underside. Both are very easy adjustments.

#2- Making your own replacement vehicle is surprisingly not that challenging and looks a lot better in my opinion. Here is a link to a thread about it. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/street-fighter-ii-mod

#302 7 years ago

You Do Not Win
If You Walk Away...

#303 7 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

You Do Not Win
If You Walk Away...

*Cannot ^^

#304 7 years ago

There are some two part fasteners that keep some of the plastics together. Anyone know where I can order some or does anyone have a good idea for a replacement?

2 weeks later
#305 7 years ago

We have a brand new alternative translite for SFII!

http://www.retrorefurbs.com/shop/street-fighter-ii-snes-edition-pinball-translite/

Ready for shipping next week but you can order now. We're also doing a discount for members of Pinside. Just use coupon code 5PINSIDE at the checkout

sf2-alt-trans-mockup (resized).jpgsf2-alt-trans-mockup (resized).jpg

#306 7 years ago

Thats actually pretty sick. Got a pic of it lit up?

#307 7 years ago

Not yet. They will be arriving next week, and will try to get some.

Quality is the same as our other ones which people have posted about on Pinside.

Pete
Retro Refurbs

#308 7 years ago
Quoted from RetroRefurbs:

We have a brand new alternative translite for SFII!

Neat!
Here is a full sized PNG of it:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9cWp45XToh2aHMxNDVFT0FJNUE

And the editable, layered PSD:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9cWp45XToh2TkxwVHd0TDZSbkk

feel free to download it and get it printed anywhere you want!

SFIISNESbackglass (resized).jpgSFIISNESbackglass (resized).jpg

#309 7 years ago

Hahaha!

Another low quality job Malenko - do you not have access to high resolution files which haven't been slammed with JPEG compression?

I'm sure it will still print ok though.

But for the best quality translite material, we still have the advantage if anyone would like to put that in their game.

Pete
Retro Refurbs

#310 7 years ago

Hahaha!
Another low quality job malenko - do you not have access to high resolution files which haven't been slammed with JPEG compression?

your google image search must be better than my google image search. That or you think when you have a file that isnt full sized in software that the printer/plotter doesnt upscale it when printing.

http://cdn0.sbnation.com/polygon/sf2-oral-hisotyr-1-2014/05_snesboxart.jpg is the source image I used, and based on the cut offs (white border is) on "your" image, its the same one your "artist" used too.

#311 7 years ago

We don't use Google image search, that's why you're getting crappy images.

It's the same image but we have a scan of the original painting, done at 600dpi

#312 7 years ago

We don't use Google image search, that's why you're getting crappy images.
It's the same image but we have a scan of the original painting, done at 600dpi

Does Denny Moore know you broke into his house and scanned the airbrushed canvas? Or did Mick McGinty scan it for you before sending it off? Either way, Im sure you totally paid for the licensing to reproduce their copyrighted art. :cheers:

300 dpi is all you need for prints, Im sure the people you outsource all your actual work to know that though

#313 7 years ago

I was re-soldering a loose ceramic leaf capacitor and it fell off, disappeared... I mean literally disappeared in the cabinet somewhere. Could someone tell me what are the specs on the leaf capacitor for the right chunli/vega ramp diverter

T1 1z 500v?

Thanks

#314 7 years ago

If you take a pic of where it is on the underside, I'll see what I have on mine.

#315 7 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

If you take a pic of where it is on the underside, I'll see what I have on mine.

IMG_7038 (resized).JPGIMG_7038 (resized).JPG

IMG_7037.JPGIMG_7037.JPG

#317 7 years ago

Says
Either 25V or Z5V

104Z

500V

1492191947997-397267943 (resized).jpg1492191947997-397267943 (resized).jpg

#318 7 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

Says
Either 25V or Z5V
104Z
500V

Awesome. Thanks a million!!!

1 week later
#319 6 years ago

I'm out of this club since yesterday. The Street Fighter II-experience was nice while it lasted. I did like the game, but I needed the room. And I just like my other games better.

Here are some photos I took just before I sold it. I replaced the car with a red Volkswagen Golf
when I shopped it. It's the car one of my old mates used to have when we were young.
mpb04b.jpgmpb04b.jpg
mpb05b.jpgmpb05b.jpg
mpb06.JPGmpb06.JPG
mpb07.JPGmpb07.JPG
mpb10b.jpgmpb10b.jpg

The new owner is a newbie in Pinland. He's very proud of his game. It's a nice feeling when a game that leaves the collection gets a nice new home and gives more people the pleasure of enjoying pinball. Today he sent me this picture of the SF2 in his home.
My former SF2 at its new home.My former SF2 at its new home.

#320 6 years ago

Trying to score one of those SFII Arcade Cab mods...I put up a wanted thread and pm'd the creator...no luck yet...(Mind you it's only been 2 days)...figured I would try here as I really want one...Thank you..........Joey

IMG_3707 (resized).PNGIMG_3707 (resized).PNG

#321 6 years ago

They are super cool, wish I had the cash.

#322 6 years ago
Quoted from Breaking_Dad:

Trying to score one of those SFII Arcade Cab mods...I put up a wanted thread and pm'd the creator...no luck yet...(Mind you it's only been 2 days)...figured I would try here as I really want one...Thank you..........Joey

This is my fav mod in pinball I think I got the 1st one made

1 week later
#323 6 years ago

Anyone have a bookmark to the SF2 machine with the capsule figures on it? Looking to do something similar. I contacted the posters on the first page but I remember reading a blog about it (maybe?!)

#324 6 years ago

Officially a member of the club, bought a Street Fighter 2 together with a Sopranos yesterday. I was warned that the playfield was dirty as hell, because a previous owner had thought about cleaning it up, so he put it in the garage, took off the glass and then did not do anything more to it anyways. So will need some heavy cleaning and some restoration.

On the positive side, the cabinet is ok, translite is nice and the boards seems really nice. Will pack it away until our club gets some more space, and then do a topshop and try to get it in shape.

20170504_230409 (resized).jpg20170504_230409 (resized).jpg

20170504_230414 (resized).jpg20170504_230414 (resized).jpg

20170504_230419 (resized).jpg20170504_230419 (resized).jpg

20170504_230422 (resized).jpg20170504_230422 (resized).jpg

#325 6 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

Officially a member of the club, bought a Street Fighter 2 together with a Sopranos yesterday. I was warned that the playfield was dirty as hell, because a previous owner had thought about cleaning it up, so he put it in the garage, took off the glass and then did not do anything more to it anyways. So will need some heavy cleaning and some restoration.
On the positive side, the cabinet is ok, translite is nice and the boards seems really nice. Will pack it away until our club gets some more space, and then do a topshop and try to get it in shape.

Congrats on your SF2! The machine looks like it's in pretty good shape underneath the dirt.

I *love* to buy dirty machines (under market value, of course). The dirtier the machine is, the bigger the difference once you've cleaned it up. Also: if a machine is pretty clean when you buy it, you might be tempted to not restore it, resulting in a mediocre playing experience. A machine this dirty *has* to be restored to be enjoyed fully. Resulting in an awesome playing experience once you're done.

Purists will disagree, but I recommend you to put system 80 coil stops (the longer ones) into the flipper mechs. Much more accurate play. Less ball cradling and more fun.

Good luck with the restoration!

1 week later
#326 6 years ago

wow boards look super nice. Good luck Eden!

#327 6 years ago
Quoted from Boat:

wow boards look super nice. Good luck Eden!

Thanks
Just a question, does anyone know if the ramp flaps are the same for left and right ramps?

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-29654

#328 6 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

Thanks
Just a question, does anyone know if the ramp flaps are the same for left and right ramps?
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-29654

Not sure, I can look at my SF2 when I get home tonight but I suppose you have both ramps on your machine as well and can give it the same eyeball test as me...

#329 6 years ago

Hehe good point, just forgot it :p or rather, its packed up and its very tight space in the storage so a bit difficult to see atm. If its easy for you id appreciate it, else no worries!

Dumb me

#330 6 years ago

Just checked - they look absolutely identical to each other. I didn't actually measure, but I scrutinized and I would be shocked if they were different.

#331 6 years ago

Besides the rust they look the same to me too... .............Joey

IMG_3737 (resized).JPGIMG_3737 (resized).JPG

IMG_3738 (resized).JPGIMG_3738 (resized).JPG

1 week later
#332 6 years ago

Not officially a member...but will be shortly. Also...it will be my first Pinball ever!

So I'll be joining two clubs at once.

"YOGA-FIRE!!!"

Ps - love the bar top mod.

#333 6 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Not officially a member...but will be shortly. Also...it will be my first Pinball ever!
So I'll be joining two clubs at once.
"YOGA-FIRE!!!"
Ps - love the bar top mod.

Welcome! It is my second pin ever bought, right after Starship Troopers. You buying from a friend, or a Pinside ad, or somewhere else? Let us know when you get it!

#334 6 years ago

it was my 2nd pin too, Comet was first, and Terminator 2 was 3rd. Then I pumped my breaks, 3 games in 1 year is enough for a while.

#335 6 years ago

I'm in the SFII club. Here is mine in B&W.
~Steveo

SFtwo (resized).jpgSFtwo (resized).jpg

#336 6 years ago

the backglasss has awesome kick effect in B/W never really noticed in color.

#337 6 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

it was my 2nd pin too, Comet was first, and Terminator 2 was 3rd. Then I pumped my breaks, 3 games in 1 year is enough for a while.

Trying to decide what I want to do for my third. I don't know if I want to save up for a few years and get a more expensive one, or go for a cheaper one sooner. I mean it's not like these things depreciate, right? Might as well have $1500 worth of pinball machine sitting in my basement that I can play rather than $1500 in the bank that is only getting small interest...

I was thinking of going system11 next, like an F14 Tomcat or similar machine...

#338 6 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

Terminator 2 was 3rd.

I guess we know whats next on the ol' coloring agenda. Cant you get a JP too? lol

#339 6 years ago

hey guys - I posted a general one under the Tech side of the house, but though i'd link it here too. Having a very strange intermittent issue with F25 (Ramp solenoids) and need all the help I can get... It's been dogging my machine for over a year now and is just been a mother to try and pin down.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fuse-25-blowing-street-fighter-2-ramp-solenoids#post-3794864

#340 6 years ago

I'd recommend buying the machine. They never drop in value and you can always sell/trade later. I'm building my collection till the basement is full with decent EMs and cheap solid states... I try to buy them fresh from a garage and fix them up along the way, so that only helps add to the value. Once the room is full - then I'll worry about buying higher end machines.

Quoted from brianmcculloh:

Trying to decide what I want to do for my third. I don't know if I want to save up for a few years and get a more expensive one, or go for a cheaper one sooner. I mean it's not like these things depreciate, right? Might as well have $1500 worth of pinball machine sitting in my basement that I can play rather than $1500 in the bank that is only getting small interest...
I was thinking of going system11 next, like an F14 Tomcat or similar machine...

#341 6 years ago
Quoted from statictrance:

I'd recommend buying the machine. They never drop in value and you can always sell/trade later. I'm building my collection till the basement is full with decent EMs and cheap solid states... I try to buy them fresh from a garage and fix them up along the way, so that only helps add to the value. Once the room is full - then I'll worry about buying higher end machines.

You sound like you're in my same situation, just a few years ahead of me. I have a large finished basement with space for probably 15 machines if I squeeze them in. I see you have a pinbot - nice!

As for the issue with the F25, I read through your forum post and sadly I am such a beginner when it comes to this stuff that I don't have much to offer. I will let the pros respond and not clog up the responses with unhelpful messages. Good luck on this! So annoying when you have a machine at like 95% functionality and you can't nail down that last issue...

#342 6 years ago
Quoted from brianmcculloh:

Welcome! It is my second pin ever bought, right after Starship Troopers. You buying from a friend, or a Pinside ad, or somewhere else? Let us know when you get it!

Thanks

I bought it from a guy on kijiji in Calgary. Real nice guy and very helpful considering it's my first pin. (Turns out he was on Pinside)
Got it yesterday and it's all set up in the basement. Will post pics soon.....

#343 6 years ago

Here are some pics as promised. Be warned, I am not a great photographer...

IMG_20170601_1356508.jpgIMG_20170601_1356508.jpg

IMG_20170601_1357366.jpgIMG_20170601_1357366.jpg

IMG_20170601_0102131.jpgIMG_20170601_0102131.jpg

IMG_20170601_1358037.jpgIMG_20170601_1358037.jpg

IMG_20170601_1357553.jpgIMG_20170601_1357553.jpg

IMG_20170601_1357074.jpgIMG_20170601_1357074.jpg

#344 6 years ago

Looks like it's all LED'd and in good shape. Congrats and enjoy!

#345 6 years ago

Having some strange problems with my SF after moving it and fixing a few other things (flipper parts, a ramp piece).
It loses track of the ball after a drain sometimes. It will pop out a ball and say "same player shoot again" even after advancing. If you plunge it too soon then, it doesn't register the skillshot.
Also, I need the little two part rivets to attach some of the upper plastic parts, but I have no idea what they're called. Any ideas?

#346 6 years ago
Quoted from cocomonkeh:

Having some strange problems with my SF after moving it and fixing a few other things (flipper parts, a ramp piece).
It loses track of the ball after a drain sometimes. It will pop out a ball and say "same player shoot again" even after advancing. If you plunge it too soon then, it doesn't register the skillshot.
Also, I need the little two part rivets to attach some of the upper plastic parts, but I have no idea what they're called. Any ideas?

Plastic Rivets - GTB-MP10 - http://www.pbresource.com/Stargate.html

My best guess on your 'loses track of the ball' issue may be the drain switch? Sounds like it might be sticking, hence when the ball kicks over it's reading it as a fast drain and activating ball save, which then kills the skill shot?

#347 6 years ago

I'll check that. It doesn't DQ the skill shot I dont think though.
And thanks for the parts number. Time to play the PBR game.

1 week later
#348 6 years ago

Howdy! New to the club. Just took delivery of mine yesterday from SeymorGoldfarbJr . He did a great job of shopping it out. I need to replace the upper playfield with the NOS unit he provided. Also thinking LEDs... So far my son loves it! Much like the Tobacco industry, ya gotta start em young!

20170612_165444 (resized).jpg20170612_165444 (resized).jpg

#349 6 years ago
Quoted from smitherssp:

Howdy! New to the club. Just took delivery of mine yesterday from seymorgoldfarbjr . He did a great job of shopping it out. I need to replace the upper playfield with the NOS unit he provided. Also thinking LEDs... So far my son loves it! Much like the Tobacco industry, ya gotta start em young!

Here's a tip for ya, clean the underside of the inserts really good then put the double led clear dome bulbs (like on the new Stern games) in under them. The facets of the inserts sparkle then and you can read the printing on them too.

#350 6 years ago

I just joined the club...and got a SFII in great condition...Pics to follow....
@retrorefurbs, You've got some awesome stuff...I tried to order some items and tried paypal and paypal declined...is that not an option anymore for your site?

Added over 7 years ago: + Updated.....I just ordered and paypal worked....sorry for the false alarm

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

2,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Marietta, GA
There are 1,404 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 29.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/street-fighter-club-all-welcomeready-set-shoot/page/7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.