(Topic ID: 97724)

Street Fighter club, all welcome.....ready, set, shoot!

By Damon

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,404 posts
  • 143 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 52 days ago by Parkshow30
  • Topic is favorited by 37 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Flipper Schematic (resized).jpg
Pinside_forum_7868980_0 (resized).jpg
20231114_164512 (resized).jpg
flipper diagram (resized).png
Pinside_forum_7860116_0 (resized).jpg
20231109_140205 (resized).jpg
20231109_135954 (resized).jpg
Pinside_forum_7848151_0 (resized).jpg
Pinside_forum_7848151_1 (resized).jpg
20231102_131655 (resized).jpg
20231102_131352 (resized).jpg
20230417_201716 (resized).jpg
18103D72-1BCF-4262-ADE2-A2B8DC2DE086 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_1787855_390879 (resized).jpg
20210611_144033 (resized).jpg
20210611_144005 (resized).jpg
There are 1,404 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 29.
#251 7 years ago

If you havent beat the wizard mode yet, dont sell. Its a fun challenge. Ive only done it twice.

#254 7 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

replace interesting with disgusting

They have original ones too. I just thought it was interesting they were offering Gottlieb decals at all let alone different versions.

#255 7 years ago

No way, those are great. It's nice to know they are available! Do you guys have any idea if they make this kind of thing for Starship Troopers? My cabinet is really beat up on that one and I'm worried about resale value (if I ever chose to sell it, which I probably won't). Any ideas?

EDIT: all I had to do was search that site and I found them!: http://www.retrorefurbs.com/shop/starship-troopers-pinball-cabinet-decals/ good lookin out @chitownpinball!

#256 7 years ago

Here's some more disgusting stuff to burn your eyeballs:

street-fighter-warrior-edition-pinball-cabinet-decals-flipper (resized).jpgstreet-fighter-warrior-edition-pinball-cabinet-decals-flipper (resized).jpg

#257 7 years ago
Quoted from RetroRefurbs:

those are sweet. The redone originals in black and white background would look really bad on the game IMO based on the color scheme of the playfield and translite

#258 7 years ago

Got any pics of games with these installed? I like them, just want to see the whole package.

#259 7 years ago

those are sweet. The redone originals in black and white background would look really bad on the game IMO based on the color scheme of the playfield and translite

Someone requested the Black version, I think they were completely customizing their game. Did the white ones while were at it. Hopefully the person doing the game in black will send us some photos of the completed machine.

Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Got any pics of games with these installed? I like them, just want to see the whole package.

We haven't got these listed for sale on the website (yet) but someone did send us some photos of a game with them on. Looks pretty sweet to me:

phantom023 SF2_1 (resized).jpgphantom023 SF2_1 (resized).jpg
phantom023 SF2_3 (resized).jpgphantom023 SF2_3 (resized).jpg
phantom023 SF2_4 (resized).jpgphantom023 SF2_4 (resized).jpg

Pete
Retro Refurbs

#260 7 years ago

Someone requested the Black version, I think they were completely customizing their game. Did the white ones while were at it. Hopefully the person doing the game in black will send us some photos of the completed machine.

We haven't got these listed for sale on the website (yet) but someone did send us some photos of a game with them on. Looks pretty sweet to me:

Pete
Retro Refurbs

Absolutely love it. Not sure if I'll get this first or the Starship Troopers one first. Also hoping they're not too difficult to apply for a noob like me. Thanks again for making these!

#261 7 years ago

THAT LOOKS FREAKING AMAZING!!! WOW. So, enlighten me. When I see people doing decals, they usually sand and prime the cab. Does this HAVE to be done?y cab is pretty shot but Im not sure I want to go through all that. Would be nice to fill holes, sand a bit to get it roughed up, get it flat, then apply the decals.

#262 7 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Does this HAVE to be done?

In my personal opinion, yes.

Either leave your pinball cabinet original with a few war wounds, or do a good job on restoring it.

There's nothing wrong with an original beat up cabinet if the game is all clean, fully working and plays 100% right.

If you really didn't want to do decals yourself then is there no one near you who could do them for you?

Pete
Retro Refurbs

#263 7 years ago

In my personal opinion, yes.
Either leave your pinball cabinet original with a few war wounds, or do a good job on restoring it.
There's nothing wrong with an original beat up cabinet if the game is all clean, fully working and plays 100% right.
If you really didn't want to do decals yourself then is there no one near you who could do them for you?
Pete
Retro Refurbs

Gotcha. Ya, ive got a $500 players machine with a beater cabinet. It would be nice to have a prestine cab since it sits next to my SF2 arcade machine. Maybe some day....lol.

#264 7 years ago

The new style side art REALLY clashes with that awful back glass.

Don't mind it otherwise.

#265 7 years ago

I dont even mind the clash. Its not that bad.

#266 7 years ago

I prefer the original cabinet. I think the side decals above do not compliment the original artwork on the playfield at all, and they're extremely busy. I don't get why every piece of it needs to have the "SF2" logo plastered on it.

#267 7 years ago

I suppose you are right, they could get rid of it on the coin door surround and the side head panels for sure.

#268 7 years ago

Ya know guys, this is only something somebody made to customize their game the way they wanted. 1 person. It's not the end of the world that they don't suit everyone's tastes, and no one died.

When anyone is wanting custom decals from us we always accommodate their wishes. Look here:

sfpinside (resized).jpgsfpinside (resized).jpg

Pete
Retro Refurbs

#269 7 years ago

Lol, design by committee. Now, put a fireball around the start button too while youre at it!

#270 7 years ago

Why hasnt any one made a molded chun li for the to flipper? 3d printers, go!

#271 7 years ago

Has anyone replaced their F3 vertical fuse holder with a standard horizontal fuse holder?

#272 7 years ago

I installed the alternate translite art and also did a full led swap. Here are the before and afters:

1-01 (resized).jpg1-01 (resized).jpg

3 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg

2-01 (resized).jpg2-01 (resized).jpg

#273 7 years ago

Did you buy a kit or did you piece something together? That's pretty bright!

#274 7 years ago
Quoted from cocomonkeh:

Did you buy a kit or did you piece something together? That's pretty bright!

I pieced it together. It's much less blue in real life I'm very happy with it. Here's a pic with the lights on to get a better idea.

4 (resized).jpg4 (resized).jpg

#275 7 years ago

looks good! Glad Ken could print you up an Alt translight!

#276 7 years ago

Nice. On my list of things to do when the weather breaks.

#277 7 years ago

I'm trying to order a new lamp socket for a gi lamp (one of the ones by the left ramp) and it looks like I need a 2 terminal socket, but I purchased one from The Pinball Resource (http://www.pbresource.com/sockets.html #A4762) which is a single terminal. I don't know which one to purchase. It looks like #A2916 has the right terminals but it doesn't have the right size bracket (I need the 3/4" size). Does anyone know if I can use the #A4762 in that slot even though it only has one terminal? I don't even understand why there are 2 terminals coming from that socket - any insight is appreciated!

#278 7 years ago

I have 3 of these translites if anybody wants to take them? Only these 3, and no more.

IMG_6406 (resized).jpgIMG_6406 (resized).jpg

#279 7 years ago

I didn't give you permission to sell my translite.

#280 7 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

I didn't give you permission to sell my translite.

Sorry! Removed. PM'd you.

1 week later
#281 7 years ago

Fuck Yaa...!!! ...........Joey

IMG_3624 (resized).JPGIMG_3624 (resized).JPG

#282 7 years ago

I like that T2 topper has a hat haha

#283 7 years ago

Crazy I have a T2 to the right of my SFII too

pins (resized).jpgpins (resized).jpg

#284 7 years ago

MY sf2 is to the RIGHT of my t2. my sf2 champion arcade is between them.

Weird we all have both machines.....

#285 7 years ago

Great minds think alike.... ..... Joey

#286 7 years ago
Quoted from Breaking_Dad:

Fuck Yaa...!!! ...........Joey

Enjoy man!

#287 7 years ago

I have both SF2 and T2 as well, though not next to each other

#288 7 years ago

Putting your T2 next to SFII should fix it... ...sry to hear...hope its an easy fix for yaa...........Joey

#289 7 years ago

Ok...Very happy to be here...first session went great...me and my son really enjoyed it...he loved the car crush...I love that there are many shots to shoot for...
Couple goofy questions....on the database...it says SFII is a 2 and 3 ball multi-ball...so why it there 4 balls installed...and how do you get the 3 ball multi-ball...???...Thank you............Joey

#290 7 years ago

The regular multi-ball that you get for defeating a fighter is a 2 ball where you build to the jackpot shot but Torpedo multi-ball is 3 ball where you get 3M points per switch.

#291 7 years ago
Quoted from Breaking_Dad:

Ok...Very happy to be here...first session went great...me and my son really enjoyed it...he loved the car crush...I love that there are many shots to shoot for...
Couple goofy questions....on the database...it says SFII is a 2 and 3 ball multi-ball...so why it there 4 balls installed...and how do you get the 3 ball multi-ball...???...Thank you............Joey

TORPEDO (alarm sounds)

#292 7 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

TORPEDO (alarm sounds)

WOOP WOOP WOOP

2 weeks later
#293 7 years ago

Hi guys! Proud to be in the club for the game that lots of folks love to hate. I haven't had my SF2 for long. It's in the process of being fixed up up right now. I will see how I feel about the game once that's done. It was broken and dirty when I bought it.

Has anyone here added a post light to the Hurricane Kick shot? I did so yesterday. It seems like the only way to light up that dark circle a bit. I'll post a picture again once the game is back together. I do like it already.
Hurricane Kick litHurricane Kick lit

#294 7 years ago

Thats actually pretty cool. If that area wasnt so hard to get to id do it too!

#295 7 years ago
Quoted from Jappie:

Hi guys! Proud to be in the club for the game that lots of folks love to hate. I haven't had my SF2 for long. It's in the process of being fixed up up right now. I will see how I feel about the game once that's done. It was broken and dirty when I bought it.
Has anyone here added a post light to the Hurricane Kick shot? I did so yesterday. It seems like the only way to light up that dark circle a bit. I'll post a picture again once the game is back together. I do like it already.

A post light is probably a better solution, but I wired a twin SMD that shines through the subway and up through the hole. It lights up the area quite well.

#296 7 years ago
Quoted from ZeldaOoT:

A post light is probably a better solution, but I wired but a twin SMD that shines through the subway and up through the hole. It lights up the area quite well.

Also a great idea!

The only negative aspect about adding the post light is that I had to drill a small hole in the playfield for the wires. The hole is not visible with the light installed, though.

#297 7 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

I have both SF2 and T2 as well, though not next to each other

I also have both SF2 and T2. I have Malenko's translite (the Ryu one seen above) and it is so awesome.

#298 7 years ago

This is my first pin and I'd like to join the club

I bought mine with the alt back glass and LEDs installed like the one above post. I had the same right flipper problem, but it was an easy fix replacing the piston and spring. Now I just have to fix an issue with my shooter rod, it is a little weak.

Speaking of, I saw a couple cool custom ones like the Dhalsim and Bison. Any other ones out there and who makes them? I'm partial to Vega, so I thought one of his mask would be cool.

Last thing I was wondering about was if anyone knew whether the PinSound chip would add much to this game. The sound is already good for the time period, but imagine if all the themes were in there and not distorted. I'd also be tempted to add some of the funnier lines from the movie, remove Ken's annoying call outs about pathetic abilities, and put Bison's music on in attract mode.

Pics soon and thanks for creating the club!

2 weeks later
#299 7 years ago

Hey everyone, got a couple issues with my machine but I'll start with the most pressing: the shooter rod. When the ball launches, it does not always make it up the ramp. I know it could be the coil, but it seems like the ball is hitting the lip of the ramp on the way up. Has anyone had/solved this issue? It is putting a lot of wear on the shooter tip which I already replaced once but is worn again- although I may have installed it wrong.

The other is a car replacement...which is a deep rabbit hole I will on down another day.

Thanks.

#300 7 years ago
Quoted from binary11:

Hey everyone, got a couple issues with my machine but I'll start with the most pressing: the shooter rod. When the ball launches, it does not always make it up the ramp. I know it could be the coil, but it seems like the ball is hitting the lip of the ramp on the way up. Has anyone had/solved this issue? It is putting a lot of wear on the shooter tip which I already replaced once but is worn again- although I may have installed it wrong.
The other is a car replacement...which is a deep rabbit hole I will on down another day.
Thanks.

#1 There is no coil in the shooter lane. Either your spring needs replacement, or something is bent or misaligned with the wire form coming out of the shooter lane.

#2 There is no car replacement other than is Steve Young has one over at Pinball Resource. I have seen people replace theirs with models, etc. It can be done.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
2,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Marietta, GA
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

There are 1,404 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 29.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/street-fighter-club-all-welcomeready-set-shoot/page/6?hl=brianmcculloh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.