(Topic ID: 97724)

Street Fighter club, all welcome.....ready, set, shoot!

By Damon

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,404 posts
  • 143 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 51 days ago by Parkshow30
  • Topic is favorited by 37 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Flipper Schematic (resized).jpg
Pinside_forum_7868980_0 (resized).jpg
20231114_164512 (resized).jpg
flipper diagram (resized).png
Pinside_forum_7860116_0 (resized).jpg
20231109_140205 (resized).jpg
20231109_135954 (resized).jpg
Pinside_forum_7848151_0 (resized).jpg
Pinside_forum_7848151_1 (resized).jpg
20231102_131655 (resized).jpg
20231102_131352 (resized).jpg
20230417_201716 (resized).jpg
18103D72-1BCF-4262-ADE2-A2B8DC2DE086 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_1787855_390879 (resized).jpg
20210611_144033 (resized).jpg
20210611_144005 (resized).jpg
There are 1,404 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 29.
#151 8 years ago

Does anyone know what goes into this hole that I am pointing at in the photo? Whatever it is it was missing when I got my SF. Thanks!!

IMG_20160224_224646.jpgIMG_20160224_224646.jpg

#152 8 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

Tnt does do this in one of their videos. I thought about it but the car crunch is hard enough the 2nd time around and nearly impossibly the 3rd

What? Really? Mine is alwaysd three hits and done...what am I missing? I have it set to Hard.

#153 8 years ago

Anyone have a way to test the motor for chun li without it being in the machine? I have the playfield completely out of the machine and the motor did not function while in it. It is a pain to get at to begin with from the top so I want to test it before putting it all back together. I have a Cue ball wizard with a similar motor and it didn't work, turns out the solenoid was not kicking on to activate it. Does the motor in SF work in the same way, and if so where is the solenoid located for it?

#154 8 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

What? Really? Mine is alwaysd three hits and done...what am I missing? I have it set to Hard.

mine you have to bash several times depending on how good of a strike you make on the car, 4 or 5 times maybe more to push it back.

#155 8 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

mine you have to bash several times depending on how good of a strike you make on the car, 4 or 5 times maybe more to push it back.

Are you letting the ball rest before bashing? I could see if you didnt how it could be hard, but if you let it rest at the bottom, 3 hits and its over. Every time.

#156 8 years ago

Anyone interested in a Street Fighter 2 with LEDs? Great machine. Stripped down and cleaned. Also thoroughly tested and working by Clay at VFW Pinball.

aferglass_(resized).jpgaferglass_(resized).jpg

afterback_(resized).jpgafterback_(resized).jpg

afterbison_(resized).jpgafterbison_(resized).jpg

aftertable_(resized).jpgaftertable_(resized).jpg

IMG_20151224_075333_335_(resized).jpgIMG_20151224_075333_335_(resized).jpg

IMG_20151224_080830_376_(resized).jpgIMG_20151224_080830_376_(resized).jpg

#157 8 years ago

wow, nice playfield.

#158 8 years ago

Wow, that looks a lot nicer than mine. However, I pick mine up because it was in bad shape. I wanted to learn how to do a restoration on a machine of lesser value.

#159 8 years ago

nice game, i think everyone in this threads owns one so you may have better luck opening a for sale thread. GLWTS tho, shes a beauty!

#160 8 years ago

nice game, i think everyone in this threads owns one so you may have better luck opening a for sale thread. GLWTS tho, shes a beauty!

Not everyone who reads it owns one, but I agree better to open your own for sale thread.

#161 8 years ago

I found an exact, if not extremely close color to factory for the cabinet if anyone has been looking.

IMG_20160229_182647.jpgIMG_20160229_182647.jpg

IMG_20160229_182712.jpgIMG_20160229_182712.jpg

#162 8 years ago

does anyone know if there are mirror blades made to fit gottlieb games? I cant find any on the sites that sell mirror blades and i made a thread here a few days back and no one replied

#163 8 years ago

I've never seen blades for any Gottlieb System 3, let alone street fighter.

On a positive note, I got a box of parts from Ireland today! My hunt for a replacement playfield window insert had finally ended!

#164 8 years ago
Quoted from uncivil_engineer:

I've never seen blades for any Gottlieb System 3, let alone street fighter.
On a positive note, I got a box of parts from Ireland today! My hunt for a replacement playfield window insert had finally ended!

nice, what other parts did you score?

#165 8 years ago

I have two windows...one is scratched though. I need to make a new black surround sticker for my nice one....just havent gotten around to it.

#166 8 years ago

nice, what other parts did you score?

I think my SF2 sat on someone's porch in direct sunlight. All the plastics are either faded or warped. I got replacement walls for the car pit, the apron cover, as well as the cover for the car pit.

Previously I had picked up replacements for all the plastic ramps.

I think I now have all the parts to start putting it back together after I finish restoring the playfield.

#167 8 years ago

Rejoining the club. Internet is on the fritz so no pics, but it is safe to say I need my head checked. I will post pics of the backbox when i have reliable next access. Paid 350 without knowing if the dmd worked. Plan is to save it, but won't know until I find out if there is more cut wiring. I realize this was a bad idea from a value statement, but I wanted a project.

The Good
Game Boots into attract mode. I did not even attempt to start a game.
I have the dmd in my possession and after cleaning/vinegar/connector sanding. Works. Little burn in, but strong dmd.
Playfield looked awesome underneath the rat crap.
Inside of the cabinet has no rust.
Has the manual.
Boards looked clean.
Cannot see the lower playfield very well but looks to have the car.

The Bad
DMD plug, 1 speaker plug, and some of the wires on the back of the backbox lightboard are cut. Guessing rats chewed it.
Unsure if any in the cabinet were.
Rat crap, two nests.
Side rails might be beyond saving, coin door is probably trash. Legs, lockdown bar, and reciever will need to be put in evapo rust.
Translite art is flaking off in droves.
Rusty ramp flaps and some screws.
Wireforms have some rust.
mini playfield has flipper drag wear and is planked.
Speakers in the head are trashed and need replacing.

#168 8 years ago

Teaser pic

CAM01061_(resized).jpgCAM01061_(resized).jpg

#169 8 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Teaser pic

CAM01061_(resized).jpg

Dear lord, you are a glutton for punishment. Good on you for saving it

#170 8 years ago

I'm not sure if I'd want to put that pin in my house, even after clean-up.

I admire your willingness to save this poor pin, but MAN, what a freakin' mess.

#171 8 years ago

Wow, I thought my SF2 was a mess. Good for you to try to save it.

#172 8 years ago

$350 seems on the high side after seeing that pic, should've offered $200 lol

#173 8 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

$350 seems on the high side after seeing that pic, should've offered $200 lol

Offered 300. Wasn't going to take it. Owner is nice and not a pinhead. Pretty sure there are a lot of us that would have passed if it were free. Paying anything was on the high side, but oh well.

#174 8 years ago

but...

as w/ all pins...

It "has potential"

LOL

#175 8 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Offered 300. Wasn't going to take it. Owner is nice and not a pinhead. Pretty sure there are a lot of us that would have passed if it were free. Paying anything was on the high side, but oh well.

I would have done the same thing lol

It's still a pinball machine for $350

#176 8 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Teaser pic

CAM01061_(resized).jpg

Ugh, what a nightmare....

#177 8 years ago

Well it could be worse.....termites.

#178 8 years ago

Testing my net. Here are a few more pics. This will have to tide folks over till I go and get it saturday.

IMG_20160305_124113_(resized).jpgIMG_20160305_124113_(resized).jpg

IMG_20160305_124128_(resized).jpgIMG_20160305_124128_(resized).jpg

IMG_20160305_124145_(resized).jpgIMG_20160305_124145_(resized).jpg

IMG_20160305_124155_(resized).jpgIMG_20160305_124155_(resized).jpg

IMG_20160305_124203_(resized).jpgIMG_20160305_124203_(resized).jpg

#179 8 years ago

I would like to find a new PF for my SFII....I love this game <3

c2

#180 8 years ago

Alright, I'm in. Just bought mine for $800 that's been one home use since the seller bought it in '98. Looks great, should clean clean up nicely. Only issue is the sound board LED locks on and all I get is occasional static through the speakers. The hum is there, off to test some voltages... I may be back with questions as it's my first SS Gottlieb.

IMG_20160309_232907_(resized).jpgIMG_20160309_232907_(resized).jpg

#181 8 years ago

Alright, time to post the full album of my 350 dollar mistake.

Machine has been thoroughly cleaned out on site with a lot of simple green. Vacuumned before getting it in the door.

Game is currently sitting on my living room floor sans legs / head. Put together a tube to soak the legs in evapo rust first. Once I clean up the legs I am going to pull the playfield and begin soak the lockdown bar / receiver/ and a few bits from the inside. Once the lower cab has been cleaned I will move on to the head. Then fix the damage to the wiring harness and get the game running. After that strip the playfield.

Opting not to do a seperate thread for this. This isn't a big dollar restore. I won't be 100 percent original nor do I care. Its a 1200 game in good shape. The goal here is to take a piece of trash and make it something that someone would want again. Don't really feel like hearing folks tell me I am using the wrong kind of nut or how I need to send my pf off to get restored by Kruzman.

IMG_0578_(resized).JPGIMG_0578_(resized).JPG

IMG_0579_(resized).JPGIMG_0579_(resized).JPG

IMG_0580_(resized).JPGIMG_0580_(resized).JPG

IMG_0581_(resized).JPGIMG_0581_(resized).JPG

IMG_0582_(resized).JPGIMG_0582_(resized).JPG

IMG_0583_(resized).JPGIMG_0583_(resized).JPG

IMG_0584_(resized).JPGIMG_0584_(resized).JPG

IMG_0585_(resized).JPGIMG_0585_(resized).JPG

IMG_0586_(resized).JPGIMG_0586_(resized).JPG

IMG_0587_(resized).JPGIMG_0587_(resized).JPG

IMG_0588_(resized).JPGIMG_0588_(resized).JPG

IMG_0589_(resized).JPGIMG_0589_(resized).JPG

IMG_20160305_124113_(resized).jpgIMG_20160305_124113_(resized).jpg

IMG_20160305_124128_(resized).jpgIMG_20160305_124128_(resized).jpg

#182 8 years ago

GROSS!

#183 8 years ago

That is one nasty looking pin. Good luck with it

#184 8 years ago

There may be a gem under all that rat poop.

I'm guilty of buying a pin(s), because when I first look at it, and see its' current condition, I feel sorry for it. I think to myself..."someone needs to save this from going to the landfill". I'll only buy a game if I feel it has potential. It's a great feeling of accomplishment once I'm able to see the "final product" of my shop job. There's nothing like bringing and old machine, on the brink of death, back to life.

But on this one, no matter how much I may have felt sorry for it, I probably would have passed. But, then again, I have way too many other projects on my "to-do list".

I still think Street Fighter is going to clean up pretty good.

#185 8 years ago

I've got rusty side rails to deal with too. How do you plan on handling those?

#186 8 years ago

Tried scotchbrite and sand paper as a test. It is time consuming but worked. Waiting for good weather to try coke and aluminum foil. Problem is I just don't want to pull them off the cabinet.

#187 8 years ago

Soak paper towels with evaporust and lay then on the problem areas.

If the entire side rail is coated with rust, PBResource has new System 3 side rails in stock.

#188 8 years ago

or try this:

1 week later
#189 8 years ago

Good Luck Dung.

#190 8 years ago

What a mess, but I'm sure it'll turn into something decent. Hopefully all of the parts on the "to replace" list are readily available.

#191 8 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

Bumping this for a question...
What do these run for anymore? Looking at one and trying to get a fair price together.

I passed on plenty of them for $600-800 because it was to much money. Game is the worst DMD ever made. Sorry but something has to be on the bottom. But don't worry. It's not alone. Xfiles is there as well keeping SF2 company. On a plus side. SF2 arcade is one of the best games ever.

#192 8 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Alright, mod installed. Here's a video with SF2 CE video play:
» YouTube video
Here's the installation instructions:
http://www.illinoispinballclub.com/RANDM
If you're still interested, PM me. Again what is shown is still the 1st prototype 3d printed cabinet, all orders will have the updated joysticks.

that mod is pretty sweet tho.

#193 8 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

that mod is pretty sweet tho.

That is a cool mod.

#194 8 years ago

Selling my SF2 with a couple of mods in Southern California. Check out my ad: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-street-fighter-ii-gottlieb-1993-1998

#195 8 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I passed on plenty of them for $600-800 because it was to much money. Game is the worst DMD ever made. Sorry but something has to be on the bottom. But don't worry. It's not alone. Xfiles is there as well keeping SF2 company. On a plus side. SF2 arcade is one of the best games ever.

Why do you come in here to bash on our happiness?

#196 8 years ago

Why is this game "the worst dmd game ever made"?

Grew up with the arcade. Love me some Ryu.

What are the flaws to the game?

#197 8 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Why is this game "the worst dmd game ever made"?
Grew up with the arcade. Love me some Ryu.
What are the flaws to the game?

Its not, hes just a hater.

Have you ever met some one that just hated on something for no good reason? Yep, thats this guy.

The game is what it is, a great representation of the video game. Ive said it a million times. You go through and beat each bad guy with their particular shot. Then you get a shot at the grand master "boss" (who would otherwise be M Bison in the game). Car smash, and a few 2 and 3 ball multiballs. The guile shot is a satisfying shot.

Sure, it dosnt have the flow of most games since a lot of the shots dead end at a hole or a kick out, but its still a challenging fun game, ESPECIALLY if you like the video game.

Dont come up in here (a club for the game you hate the most) and bash our game neo, thats just a dick move.

This game can be had for $500 range, which is great for people just getting into the hobby.

#198 8 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Why do you come in here to bash on our happiness?

my opinion of the game doesnt' effect your happiness. But I always talk about games I find on both sides of the spectrum. Talk about games I think are really good and really bad. Everything in the middle doesn't get talked about.

I love CV and understand it's a love it or hate it game. I get lots of people bashing that game. Doesn't effect how I feel about the game or ruin my fun. I love hearing the negative comments as well as the positive. Because I understand why some don't like it. Plus i'm curious on the hate. Even if I don't agree, I understand why.

And hating on SF2 for no good reason? Oh there is plenty of reason. There is a reason it's one of the cheapest DMD games around. The prices consistantly staying under $1000 even in todays day,tells you there are some major issues. It's not like have never played this game. It's not like I hate the theme. I actually love the theme. Just hate the way it was executed. The triple flipper thing on top is horrible. Layout is uneventful. Car bashing is a waste of resources. The theme was so awesome. There is so much they could have done, and didn't do any of it. They even screwedup the artwork. Which was already done for them on the arcade. Horrible horrible game. But everyone has a game or 2 that are just on the bottom of the barrel for them. Games they absolutely cannot stand.

#199 8 years ago

Neo is his own kind of nut and has his own opinions on what constitutes restoring a machine. Just learn to ignore him and the world will be a better place.

Progress has been slow on my SF2. I soaked the original legs in evaporust. It has williams legs, one of which the chrome was shot ie flaking off. Thanks to Indypinhead though I have a bunch of used parts.

Used coin door, has a crack, but not noticeable when mounted. Currently need to clean the original coin mechs before putting them back on.
Used Gottlieb System 3 legs. First two legs are finished cleaning and ready to wax. Second will be done tomorrow.
Used slam mechanism (bit the ball rides on inside the cabinet to detect slams). Mine was rusted.

The biggest issue are the siderails. I have sanded one down quite a bit, but very labor intensive. Once the legs are finished in the evaporust I am going to lay the rails in the tub and use the remaining evaporust to try and clean them.

I did put the head back on and scrub the cabinet. I also plugged the wiring harness into the head, but as of right now the cpu shows no signs of booting. The playfield is out of the machine and I do wonder if gottlieb has it wired so that it is not possible to boot the game without the playfield harness. Anyone know?

#200 8 years ago

Pretty sure I'm the only guy to stuff a VW in his SFII.....

IMAG0309_(resized).jpgIMAG0309_(resized).jpg

IMAG0310_(resized).jpgIMAG0310_(resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

2,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Marietta, GA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,404 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 29.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/street-fighter-club-all-welcomeready-set-shoot/page/4?hl=tatersalad321 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.