(Topic ID: 97724)

Street Fighter club, all welcome.....ready, set, shoot!

By Damon

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,404 posts
  • 143 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 52 days ago by Parkshow30
  • Topic is favorited by 37 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Flipper Schematic (resized).jpg
Pinside_forum_7868980_0 (resized).jpg
20231114_164512 (resized).jpg
flipper diagram (resized).png
Pinside_forum_7860116_0 (resized).jpg
20231109_140205 (resized).jpg
20231109_135954 (resized).jpg
Pinside_forum_7848151_0 (resized).jpg
Pinside_forum_7848151_1 (resized).jpg
20231102_131655 (resized).jpg
20231102_131352 (resized).jpg
20230417_201716 (resized).jpg
18103D72-1BCF-4262-ADE2-A2B8DC2DE086 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_1787855_390879 (resized).jpg
20210611_144033 (resized).jpg
20210611_144005 (resized).jpg
There are 1,404 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 29.
#1201 3 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Still looking for a donor window to make an exact repro from if anyone has one I can borrow. Doesn't even need to be perfect, I just don't want to make one off rough measurements and have it not fit.

I can do it... I'll send you a PM.

#1202 3 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Still looking for a donor window to make an exact repro from if anyone has one I can borrow. Doesn't even need to be perfect, I just don't want to make one off rough measurements and have it not fit.

Aw ya sorry. I havent been out of the house in months sorry.

#1203 3 years ago

Guys for my SF2 I bought this car brand new car:

https://www.free-play.se/en/playfield-parts/figurines/street-fighter-ii-car.html

Mine was totally destroyed, it's like the original and works perfect.

#1204 3 years ago

Thanks to another awesome Pinsider, I have received the window plastic and am hoping to test run a couple off tonight. Added bonus, i'll have the car chase window plastic available also!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#1205 3 years ago

Progress!

20200528_064038 (resized).jpg20200528_064038 (resized).jpg
#1206 3 years ago

Excellent!

With such a new and clear window, you better have a nice looking car under the playfied!

#1207 3 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Progress!
[quoted image]

Interested.

1 week later
#1208 3 years ago

I'm in the club - first question - How do you 'time' the plunger shot? Is there a light somewhere, or do you go off the voice prompt? Not seeing what I am doing to get 'early' or 'late'?

#1209 3 years ago

practice. Each machine is slightly different in timing from what's been said. i know on mine it'as a slight pause after 'shoot' or you get too early.

Means nothing anyway unless you can hit the collect shot (and fast). I find it really hard to get off the top flipper and usually have to hit from the bottom left, so any small gain from bullseye is less then.

#1210 3 years ago

Good morning fellow Street Fighter II fans! This past week I installed a non-ghosting LED kit on my machine and for the most part I'm really happy with how it looks. Unfortunately I'm having an issue getting to a few different flasher bulbs, and was hoping someone had some advice (hopefully without taking off everything on the playfield!) Anyone know an easy way to get to these to replace them?

MVIMG_20200613_130007 (resized).jpgMVIMG_20200613_130007 (resized).jpgMVIMG_20200613_130011~2 (resized).jpgMVIMG_20200613_130011~2 (resized).jpg
#1211 3 years ago
Quoted from phoenix_iii:

I'm in the club - first question - How do you 'time' the plunger shot? Is there a light somewhere, or do you go off the voice prompt? Not seeing what I am doing to get 'early' or 'late'?

I have to START pulling my plunger back (quickly) when it says "shoot" and I'll almost always get a perfect... hitting the bracelet target is another story altogether :/

#1212 3 years ago
Quoted from keninem:

Anyone know an easy way to get to these to replace them?

Can you get to it from the bottom?

#1213 3 years ago
Quoted from keninem:

Good morning fellow Street Fighter II fans! This past week I installed a non-ghosting LED kit on my machine and for the most part I'm really happy with how it looks. Unfortunately I'm having an issue getting to a few different flasher bulbs, and was hoping someone had some advice (hopefully without taking off everything on the playfield!) Anyone know an easy way to get to these to replace them?
[quoted image][quoted image]

Pull the playfield out to the service position so it's resting on the font of the cabinet and prop the back of the playfield up with a piece of 2x4 so the playfield is level. That should give you access to the side. I think for the first flasher you have to remove the plastic because the lamp holder is held on to the plastic with the black rivets in the flasher dome.

#1214 3 years ago

Looking for the alternate translite. Only finding it overseas?

#1215 3 years ago
Quoted from phoenix_iii:

My ALT or a different one?

#1216 3 years ago
Quoted from phoenix_iii:

Ive been looking for a replacement original translite. Not finding it anywhere.

#1217 3 years ago
Quoted from Time:

Ive been looking for a replacement original translite. Not finding it anywhere.

http://www.pbresource.com/transl.html

#1218 3 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

My ALT or a different one?

Your ALT as per the different thread. Ordered as you stated it would be ok.

#1220 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballbrat:

ebay.com link » Street Fighter 2 Pinball Alternate Translite

ewwwww

Also Cammy isnt in SF2CE

#1221 3 years ago

That's what I call a good alt translite
sf3IMG_20200203_072038 (resized).jpgsf3IMG_20200203_072038 (resized).jpg
And yes I need new side rails!

2 weeks later
#1222 3 years ago

looking to trade my Williams Comet for a SFII in the MD area... nice shape all LED... anyone willing? I like the Gottlieb machines...

#1223 3 years ago

Greetings Everyone,

This is Rob from Pinshakers and I have some good news for you. We are getting ready to release the next version of our shaker kits and they will be compatible with Street Fighter 2! Beta testing was completed on a Stargate and the results are amazing.

An official announcement will go out as soon as the kits are released. In the meantime we need your help. Since the manuals for Gottlieb are unavailable for download, we have no idea what the trigger names are for each machine title. If you happen to have a manual for one of the machines in this line-up, could you please PM or email us the solenoid list. It should be located on the page for "Vll Parts Information" in a small section called "Solenoid, Driver Functions/Locations". That lists all of the solenoids/flashlamps and their names. Our email address is [email protected] in case you are unable to PM images on pinside.

Please do not post any images of the manual here in the forum. They are copyrighted material and we want to respect that. We will not post or distribute the images you send us and they will be deleted once we get the information we need in order to complete the user manuals for the shaker kits.

Thank you so much for your assistance, we can't wait to get these kits out to you guys!

Best Regards,

Robert Goebel
Pinshakers LLC
www.pinshakers.com

#1224 3 years ago
Quoted from robgo777:

We are getting ready to release the next version of our shaker kits and they will be compatible with Street Fighter 2! Beta testing was completed on a Stargate and the results are amazing

That cool. How do you tie into game code when it wasn't designed for a shaker? Are you just looking for a particular coil that fires during a special event?

I would be cool to feel the shaker go off when you hit the bracelet target skill shot. And maybe roaming ninja mode and torpedo for sure

1 week later
#1225 3 years ago

Hey guys,

New purchaser here from Australia

Really happy with my purchase, however having issues with the right ramp not lifting.

Have replaced fuses and the diode on the coil, any other idea's guys? Its not firing during the solenoid testing either.

Thanks
Scott

#1226 3 years ago
Quoted from sc0ttf:

having issues with the right ramp not lifting.

I think its pretty common. Neither my ramps lift right now. I looked into it and we're suppose to replace the coils with the "stargate" ramp coils. Guess it wasn't ever done in your machine like mine. Search Gottlieb SF2 Stargate coils here and you should find info on the issue. It could be the transistor too, see https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/street-fighter-ii-right-stargate-ramp

#1227 3 years ago

Thanks time,

Would these be a suitable replacement for the Q9 Mosfet?

https://www.pinballspareparts.com.au/12n10l.html

Thanks,
Scott

#1228 3 years ago

maybe 20N10L or 22N10L

4 weeks later
#1229 3 years ago

Anyone happen to know where I can get rom images besides pbr, installing a new sound board and roms should be good but just in case

2 weeks later
#1230 3 years ago

Hey guys
Chasing ramp flaps for this game anyone have any leads on them?
Picture of my Resto so far

9457F82E-D071-4476-9E09-CC44071E6DD1 (resized).jpeg9457F82E-D071-4476-9E09-CC44071E6DD1 (resized).jpeg
#1231 3 years ago

latenite04 I saw your car crunch replacement panes are out of stock. Will you be making another round?

Regarding the car crunch: The two screws that hold the amazing car you printed me to the t plunger keep backing themselves out. I was going to apply some locktite 242 (blue) to solve this issue. Is that an acceptable fix? Am I doing something wrong with the current screws? Thanks!

#1232 3 years ago
Quoted from smitherssp:

latenite04 I saw your car crunch replacement panes are out of stock. Will you be making another round?
Regarding the car crunch: The two screws that hold the amazing car you printed me to the t plunger keep backing themselves out. I was going to apply some locktite 242 (blue) to solve this issue. Is that an acceptable fix? Am I doing something wrong with the current screws? Thanks!

I'll probably make some more once the weather cools off and the outdoor maintenance dies down.

Blue Loctite should do the trick, the red stuff sure keeps those damn playfield posts in place.

#1233 3 years ago

Man that car with the headlights just looks so amazing. Best mod ever! Thanks again! Part of me wants to try my hand at using novus 3-2-1 to polish the current window I have. It's missing two or three studs so not much lost if I mess it up. Looking forward to your next run of windows!

#1234 3 years ago
Quoted from smitherssp:

Man that car with the headlights just looks so amazing. Best mod ever! Thanks again! Part of me wants to try my hand at using novus 3-2-1 to polish the current window I have. It's missing two or three studs so not much lost if I mess it up. Looking forward to your next run of windows!

I'm glad you like the car.

Sorry, I misread the part about the windows, JodyG makes those. Awesome guy to work with.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1188-ramp-o-matic/03804-gottlieb-streetfighter-ii-playfield-window
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1188-ramp-o-matic/03805-gottlieb-streetfighter-ii-car-chase-plastic

2 weeks later
#1235 3 years ago
Quoted from smitherssp:

What mod!? Where?

3 weeks later
#1236 3 years ago
Quoted from gameover1173:

Anyone have some custom instruction cards they would like to share?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/custom-apron-cards-printable-versions-only/page/21#post-5921637

I made up these apron instruction cards recently. Generally I try to make cards that match the playfield by the flippers. I'm open to refining or making tweeks to these if anyone is interested in something they think might have a stronger design with the game.

StreetFighter2.jpgStreetFighter2.jpgStreetfighter Instructions.jpgStreetfighter Instructions.jpg
#1237 3 years ago
Quoted from Riefepeters:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/custom-apron-cards-printable-versions-only/page/21#post-5921637
I made up these apron instruction cards recently. Generally I try to make cards that match the playfield by the flippers. I'm open to refining or making tweeks to these if anyone is interested in something they think might have a stronger design with the game.[quoted image][quoted image]

Nicely done!

Maybe the designers on the other card? Seems a little plain with just the insert.

Maybe make their names in the SF2 gradient and their title/contribution in the font you used for the instructions.

4 weeks later
#1238 3 years ago

I picked up a pretty rough street fighter today and I had a quick question about this power brick/transformer assembly.

On pinwiki it mentions that there should be a jumper connector that would change it from us/overseas voltage.

Does street fighter need this jumper to boot? I assume yes but I wanted to ask first. If it is missing, does anyone know where I could grab one? I can build a connector, I’m just not familiar with that’s style.

I have a feeling I’ll be here begging for help several more times before this is over
A48E3AA9-839B-45B2-9495-F90F15F7C5C6 (resized).jpegA48E3AA9-839B-45B2-9495-F90F15F7C5C6 (resized).jpeg

#1239 3 years ago

I found the parts to make this connector on Great Plains Electronics, but would someone be able to snap a few photos of what pins are jumpered to where?

#1240 3 years ago

Here you go.

IMG_5844 (resized).jpgIMG_5844 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#1241 3 years ago

The car crunch mod LateNite 04 sells.

3 weeks later
#1242 3 years ago

I’m getting close in having a working SFII! Im still looking for the plastic that goes in front of the speaker panel, but more importantly I’m missing the right up post that holds the ball on the wireform.

Does anyone have one they would sell? I contacted the person on eBay selling a lot of sfII mechs but haven’t gotten a reply. Here’s a photo for reference

CF185071-96EC-4049-A71E-47FC136C9666 (resized).jpegCF185071-96EC-4049-A71E-47FC136C9666 (resized).jpeg
#1243 3 years ago
Quoted from jdoz2:

I’m getting close in having a working SFII! Im still looking for the plastic that goes in front of the speaker panel, but more importantly I’m missing the right up post that holds the ball on the wireform.
Does anyone have one they would sell? I contacted the person on eBay selling a lot of sfII mechs but haven’t gotten a reply. Here’s a photo for reference
[quoted image]

The manual says it's part ma-1723, I couldn't find that but it looks close to 29646. Do you have one you can measure? If you email pbresource they might be able to tell you if the two are interchangeable.

search for 29646 or 30187 site:pbresource.com
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/29646

#1244 3 years ago
Quoted from latenite04:

The manual says it's part ma-1723, I couldn't find that but it looks close to 29646. Do you have one you can measure? If you email pbresource they might be able to tell you if the two are interchangeable.
search for 29646 or 30187 site:pbresource.com
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/29646

Thanks for the suggestion! I’ll have to look into that. I’m missing the entire mech so I’ll try looking for that first.

#1245 3 years ago

30187 is the whole mech. Pbresoure was extremely helpful with what parts made up the mech when I had to replace a missing one on mushroom world. Good luck.

gtb-30187[1] (resized).jpggtb-30187[1] (resized).jpg
#1246 3 years ago

Proud new owner of a SF2 Pinball and here are some personal edits I made to Riefepeters awesome Apron Cards for Street Fighter II: Champion Edition. Plus, my Custom "F.I.G.H.T.E.R." insert that can be placed over the existing decal with double sided tape. Enjoy!!

Fighter SF2 Pinball Lights.pngFighter SF2 Pinball Lights.pngStreet Fighter Credit Insert.pngStreet Fighter Credit Insert.pngStreet Fighter Rules Insert.pngStreet Fighter Rules Insert.png
#1247 3 years ago

Below are some pictures of the custom SFII Apron Cards installed. Please let me know if I uploaded them in the right format. Thanks!

asfsg.jpgasfsg.jpg
dsfasfd (resized).jpgdsfasfd (resized).jpg

#1248 3 years ago

Wow those apron cards look amazing, ill be printing these out and using these to, will share pics shortly.

Thank you for sharing

#1249 3 years ago

Working on a new Translite design. Here is a mockup on my cab. What do you guys think? Trying to match the playfield and side art a bit.

Street Fighter Translite Preview2 (resized).jpgStreet Fighter Translite Preview2 (resized).jpg
#1250 3 years ago
Quoted from Bennyv07:

Working on a new Translite design. Here is a mockup on my cab. What do you guys think? Trying to match the playfield and side art a bit.
[quoted image]

I really like the concept: M Bison behind all the other characters just looks cool.

The composition is a bit too scattered in the center for my taste though. Spread the characters a bit more over the translite while keeping a nice composition and you have a winner imho.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

2,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Marietta, GA
There are 1,404 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 29.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/street-fighter-club-all-welcomeready-set-shoot/page/25?hl=smitherssp and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.